Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I noticed that one of the pictures shows a light colored Deadend beside a G1 Sunstreaker. Was he supposed to be SS in the first place. I've heard the rumors but I didn't know if it was true. I much prefer the black and silver to yellow and whatever.

wow, that looks super cool. I am getting that for sure.

Did a bit of shopping while overseas and picked up Grimlock (so cheap), blue tracks and Dead End BT's.

Also got the Soundblaster re-release because I missed out on Soundwave and can't afford him now. I have to say I like the very dark blue/almos black look over soundwave's bright blue. And Ravage and lazerbeak look cool in black.  B))

Any pics of soundblaster? ;)

Just got home from OS a few hours ago. I'll try and get the computer up (we're in the middle of lots of house renovations). You will DROOL! :p

I noticed that one of the pictures shows a light colored Deadend beside a G1 Sunstreaker. Was he supposed to be SS in the first place. I've heard the rumors but I didn't know if it was true. I much prefer the black and silver to yellow and whatever.

That's probably one of their all gray prototypes. There are a lot of us who think that it was originally supposed to be Sunstreaker, because the leaked test shots had an autobot insignia molded into the chest.

ok, got the pics up. Notice that the chest is a lot bigger than soundwave's. You can fit both tapes in there easily. soundblaster's colour is really dark blue, almost black.

edit - I can't hot link the pics.. cut n paste the url below.

Edited by Guppy

my computer is not showing any pics of your soundblaster, :(

finally! got them up.

the box

box25yk.jpg

box2ii.jpg

the man

sb18cv.jpg

sb26pj.jpg

sb37ww.jpg

the kids

kids5fa.jpg

Edited by Guppy

Well, VW doesn't want any of their machines to be associated with war or violence, lest some people recall their affiliation with a political party that once held a lot of sway in Germany and most of Europe.

Regardless, I think it's stupid. Hopefully we'll get Bumblebee and Cliffjumper in some other form in the Binaltech line, something that's almost as fitting. Heck, I know I've seen a car on the road that reminded me a lot of Cliffjumper. Wish I could recall what it was. A really strange sight, looked like a superdeformed sports car.

What's VW's and Porsche's problem!??!! Crappy corporate types. BAH!!!

Still hoping for them to do a R-34 Binaltech.

i recall at one point certain companies refusing licensing rights because they fear that when for example a transformer changes to robot form, the bumper has to split to form the feet.

Their fear is that they don't want to misconstrue that the bumper on their cars actually splits - fear that customers would think certain parts of a transformer that comes off will actually come off on the real car.

it's silly - it's like MPOP's smoke stacks being shortened because of fear of poking your eye out.

edit to add: besides that, i remember companies like porche and ferrari rarely licensing their name brand out (they had that issue in Gran turismo 2). Too snotty perhaps?

Edited by al0324

Well, VW doesn't want any of their machines to be associated with war or violence, lest some people recall their affiliation with a political party that once held a lot of sway in Germany and most of Europe.

Regardless, I think it's stupid. Hopefully we'll get Bumblebee and Cliffjumper in some other form in the Binaltech line, something that's almost as fitting. Heck, I know I've seen a car on the road that reminded me a lot of Cliffjumper. Wish I could recall what it was. A really strange sight, looked like a superdeformed sports car.

I think i know what your talking about, I think it is made by toyota.

What's VW's and Porsche's problem!??!! Crappy corporate types. BAH!!!

Still hoping for them to do a R-34 Binaltech.

i recall at one point certain companies refusing licensing rights because they fear that when for example a transformer changes to robot form, the bumper has to split to form the feet.

Their fear is that they don't want to misconstrue that the bumper on their cars actually splits - fear that customers would think certain parts of a transformer that comes off will actually come off on the real car.

it's silly - it's like MPOP's smoke stacks being shortened because of fear of poking your eye out.

edit to add: besides that, i remember companies like porche and ferrari rarely licensing their name brand out (they had that issue in Gran turismo 2). Too snotty perhaps?

yeah, alot of car companies won't liscense their vehicles in games where the cars can be damaged or destroyed (i.e. Burnout series). Though, the bumper splitting on a toy equals a bumper splitting on the actual car is just ridiculous :huh: .

Yeah, that bumper that splitted into his feet, can kick some serious Decepticon galvanized metallic butt. :D:lol:

Of course that's a safety hazard. Can't let people associate that with their cars. :rolleyes:

It's probably the only excuse that they can come up with. <_<

Edited by Wheels

Stupid people who think a robot toy with splitting bumpers means that a real life car has splitting bumpers don't deserve a driving licence!!!!

Pity, the current VW Bug design really suits bumblebee.

I wonder if they can take a real Scania/Volvo/Mercedes/Isuzu truck and make a Binaltech Optimus Prime. Should be easy enough if the Corporate types give the licence.

that is freakin retarded, they should also cancel all matchbox cars, cuz real cars dont come with that standard hot wheels rim, and the real cars have opening doors and such, no more maisto models, itll make people tihnk that engines are made of plastic, and there are giant screws on the bottom of your car, dont want people thinking that the interior of a ferrari is plastic, its gotta be leather or they cant make the model

wanted to clear this up:

i used the bumper thing as an example cuz i can't actually remember what it was i read - all i know though is that it was relating to some part of the car splitting - not necessarily the bumper... it was so obscure/stupid that it might as well be something like a bumper splitting or the roof of the car coming off (hah! roof of car coming off is hazardous - people can fall out when robots tranform!)

yeah... just wanted to make sure not to confuse people about that.

ugh just ridiculous though.

wanted to clear this up:

i used the bumper thing as an example cuz i can't actually remember what it was i read - all i know though is that it was relating to some part of the car splitting - not necessarily the bumper... it was so obscure/stupid that it might as well be something like a bumper splitting or the roof of the car coming off (hah! roof of car coming off is hazardous - people can fall out when robots tranform!)

yeah... just wanted to make sure not to confuse people about that.

ugh just ridiculous though.

If I remeber right, that was the reason given to takara by the unnamed "german sports car manufacturer"- not the war thing.

looking back on that "jazz" prototype, though, I have to wonder if it's a good thing- the RX-8 meister is a much nicer figure, all told, than the porsche prototype.

By delaying him the opportunity to spearhead the line, the character got a much better engineered toy...

The car you might be thinking of is the Scion xA. I've seen these Scions around and they look like Autobot Mini-Cars. xA for Cliffjumper/Bumblebee and the xB for Gears or Huffer. Well, maybe more Gears than Huffer. B))

No, my girlfriend has been looking at the Scions a lot lately (though she's not interested in that particular model). It's definitely not the xA. This car I saw looked almost exactly like the G1 Cliffjumper in car mode. It was really stubby looking, like a giant choro-q(sp?) toy. I really need to bug my girlfriend into keeping her digital camera in her purse so I can take a picture of it the next time I see one.

you guys are probably talking about the Toyota ECHO perhaps?? It looks pretty deformed :p !!!

~Tico

wow, are the echo's rear wheel really smaller than the fornt? i always see em formt he back and thought the wheels were tiny, didnt tihnk the fornt wud be a different size

Looks like the Takara MP-02 is out overseas. Anyone going to get it?

NOPE. Too much for a common repaint.

But wait. Why do I collect Macross Valyries then? :lol:

Anyone remember the thread I started a while ago about whether to get MPC Optimus or the Escaflowne Transforming Guymeleft? Well I wound up buying both. Possessing both toys today, I wish I could travel back in time and bonk my former self over the head. Escaflowne is a piece of &@#(^$*@#&$)(@#*($)*#@()$@#!!!! Optimus, on the other hand, is goodness, sheer goodness.

Anyone remember the thread I started a while ago about whether to get MPC Optimus or the Escaflowne Transforming Guymeleft? Well I wound up buying both. Possessing both toys today, I wish I could travel back in time and bonk my former self over the head. Escaflowne is a piece of &@#(^$*@#&$)(@#*($)*#@()$@#!!!! Optimus, on the other hand, is goodness, sheer goodness.

we warned you :-p

You should hit yourself over the head with MPC Prime. Knock some sense into ya.

Hehehehehe.

I keed. I keed. :lol: