Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Thats how its been since day 1. I don't know why, but that is just how they made the head. Don't feel bad that your missing something, it was never there to begin with.

Are you implying that Prime's either "lost a piece of mind", "showing that he is an air head", or "he has a hole in the head."? :p

Just for the fun of it, I made a jpg file to print out of your printer, a whole covering.

Since I cannot cut cleanly, someone on this board might be able to use this and hope it can plug the airhead.

post-26-1114931940.jpg

Thats how its been since day 1. I don't know why, but that is just how they made the head. Don't feel bad that your missing something, it was never there to begin with.

LOL LOL I feel like an idiot. I still remember the next day I opened my prime (more than a year ago now) I spent all afternoon looking for the "ear piece". Scanned my dorm room's floor while on my knees. Sigh... I was looking for something that never existed. What a waste of time!!! :blink:

~Tico

Maybe this has been linked already, but here's a pretty cool fan-made custom "MP03" Megatron. Doesn't transform though. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...mMakeTrack=true

Takara and Hasbro : you can do it !!! :D But I'm sure all the Transformers fan will get their Masterpiece Megatron thanks to the live action movie ;)

When you punch holes in the side like that for screws, it's not cool.

It totally detracks from the aesthetic of the trailer. Underneath the trailer, I don't care. But that's an eyesore.

I just got my BT-13 Laserwave ! He's really a bad guy ;) In the packaging, I found a piece of paper I never noticed before. Apparently, we can register in Takara's website : www.takarafans.com and win something with our proof of purchase ( gencode etc... ) Does anyone read Japanese ?

I got my THS-01 Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy 2 days ago! And DAMMMMMMMMNNNN its schweeeettt! What it lacks in size it makes up in detail and ariticulation. It has just enough die cast to make the die-cast-camp happy, though its not fully die-cast. It feels rather solid and durable, the joints are nice and tight, and the panel lines (not really panel lines cause they don't sink, they emerge so i dunno what u call them..indentations?) are absolutely amazing. You just can stare at the workmanship of this thing which is almost perfect. The hands are made of very soft PVC, doesn't really grip anything but GC's weapons don't need a tight grip anyway so its ok. Hands and head are interchangeable.

The weapons have a small lock thing which when you insert the "keys", the weapons open up. I thought this was really cool considering the thing is so small. The matrix compartment opens up as well. Really detailed and you could remove the matrix with some difficulty.Ariticulation was good, but i felt they could've done better if the thighs or feet rotate to allow it a more stable stance. There is also a flaw in the toy cause the 2 big guns are on a ratchet joint that doesn't have the last "click" to allow the guns to point forwards in "Flying Truck" mode. The website i posted before shows how to fix this but i'm not really bothered since i don't dig the "Flying Truck" mode anyway.

All in all, a 9/10 toy. Highly recommended! ;)

All in all, a 9/10 toy. Highly recommended!  ;)

I'm sold!! I'm ordering it right now.... wait... do you have pics?

~Tico

EDIT: Nevermind I found the pics at tfkenkon.com And is there a US release for this toy?

And yet another question... can the mouth cover be on all the time? Is it a separate piece from the huge head piece? I just don't think that optimus should a have a mouth....ever...

Edited by Tico0001

All in all, a 9/10 toy. Highly recommended!  ;)

I'm sold!! I'm ordering it right now.... wait... do you have pics?

~Tico

EDIT: Nevermind I found the pics at tfkenkon.com And is there a US release for this toy?

And yet another question... can the mouth cover be on all the time? Is it a separate piece from the huge head piece? I just don't think that optimus should a have a mouth....ever...

The head is interchangeable between mouthpiece and mouthpiece-less. ;) I don't mind either mode but yes i prefer him with the mouthpiece.

No US release yet....until Hasbro plans to bring in the Galaxy Force line.

Mine should be arriving via UPS today. It's weird, I wasn't that thrilled about the regular GF Convoy, but this tiny version has me more excited than I was for the last several Bin/Alt toys. I guess I'm a sucker for high-quality tiny things. :)

CYbertron(US galaxy force) is hitting late this month and June to the US. Hyrid convoy isn't listed yet. and if he was I imagine it would be as an exclusive.

The regular size starscream is also listed as an exclusive with vector prime in a TRU 2 pack. Notice there is also a vector prime in the regular line so chances are the 2 pack one is a repaint.

The big ass starscream is listed in the first waves too.

I got my THS-01 Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy 2 days ago! And DAMMMMMMMMNNNN its schweeeettt! What it lacks in size it makes up in detail and ariticulation. It has just enough die cast to make the die-cast-camp happy, though its not fully die-cast. It feels rather solid and durable, the joints are nice and tight, and the panel lines (not really panel lines cause they don't sink, they emerge so i dunno what u call them..indentations?) are absolutely amazing. You just can stare at the workmanship of this thing which is almost perfect. The hands are made of very soft PVC, doesn't really grip anything but GC's weapons don't need a tight grip anyway so its ok. Hands and head are interchangeable.

The weapons have a small lock thing which when you insert the "keys", the weapons open up. I thought this was really cool considering the thing is so small. The matrix compartment opens up as well. Really detailed and you could remove the matrix with some difficulty.Ariticulation was good, but i felt they could've done better if the thighs or feet rotate to allow it a more stable stance. There is also a flaw in the toy cause the 2 big guns are on a ratchet joint that doesn't have the last "click" to allow the guns to point forwards in "Flying Truck" mode. The website i posted before shows how to fix this but i'm not really bothered since i don't dig the "Flying Truck" mode anyway.

All in all, a 9/10 toy. Highly recommended! ;)

cool!! Would u mind posting a pic of it in truck mode without the back pack thingy attached (even if it wont have its baq wheels)?

and wots the difference between

THS-01 Galaxy Convoy

and

GC-01 Galaxy Convoy

on hlj other than the pirce?

is GC larger, and if so how tall compared to the 11cm THS?

I opened my Hybrid convoy and I'm very impressed. That little bugger is 100% pure grade-A toy CRACK. The detail is amazing, in regards to sculpt and paint both. And the amount of moving parts is truly unbelieveable. I mean, this thing is smaller than a Robotmasters toy! And for as tiny as the tires are, they're actually rubber! And the rear wheels have suspension! I still have to find my tweezers to remove the matrix.

I would say this is a definate must-buy for those of you who dig tons of precision and detail on a very tiny toy. For those of you who aren't impressed by the small size, don't waste your money. For me, this is the most thrilled I've been over a TF since MP Convoy was released. It's a keeper. B))

can you post pics i may want to get this, i heard it is alittle bigger than a Gundam Fix figuration is this true?

thanks

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

check this out guys it looks super sweet:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK64214

Helicopter of some sorts, any1 got a vechile mode pic of it??

And a bot mode of:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK64215

And wheres a good place to browse transformers toy pics?

Good place for transformers toy pics would be :

http://tfkenkon.com

And zomg....i guess that ppl were right and they chose fugly yellow paint scheme for live convoy.....oh well.... <_<

And those who want pictures of Hybrid Style GC, go to the link i posted 1-2 pages ago.

cool!! Would u mind posting a pic of it in truck mode without the back pack thingy attached (even if it wont have its baq wheels)?

It still has its back wheels without the backpack. These wheels are hidden by the backpack wings when its on. My digicam is in indefinite pred-vision mode, so can't take pictures.

and wots the difference between

THS-01 Galaxy Convoy

and

GC-01 Galaxy Convoy

on hlj other than the pirce?

is GC larger, and if so how tall compared to the 11cm THS?

I don't have GC-01 but i've seen the box and its huge! Definately hell of a difference in size....maybe bigger than MPC Prime in terms of width and same height. Other than size, i've heard that THS-01 has more detail than the GC-02. Despite this, i wonder why they never put the rotating thigh joint on the THS like the GC-01 had. <_<

GC-01 is a LOT bigger than THS!!!!a LOT!! tformers.com and IRL have pics. The only thing tht throws me off is how much etailers are charging for the lil bugger. but I am going to cali next month anyways so who knows maybe I will buy it there. But I am definitely getting prime when he comes here next month!

Still THS would be nice to have. You guys should post pics and compariusons!!

And he is SMALLER! and Shorter than GUNDAM FIX!! Maybe he same size as MSIA.

Optimus Prime spotted!!!! haha

Thats a koo pic!!

Some1 once told me the grill in truck mode is like that to make it look like the truck its based on, but in this pic the grill is the same as robot mode so Grrr!!!

BTW: It must be a taraka, no stacks :p

OMG! I;ve never acutally seen a Prime truck, I was beginning to wonder if they realy existed or were just an 80's thing lol.... that's awesome.

There's one in Terminator 2. A black one, though. Gets smashed up. :D

And I saw Hybrid Convoy Thing in its box today. Wasn't very impressed...

OMG!  I;ve never acutally seen a Prime truck, I was beginning to wonder if they realy existed or were just an 80's thing lol.... that's awesome.

There's one in Terminator 2. A black one, though. Gets smashed up. :D

And I saw Hybrid Convoy Thing in its box today. Wasn't very impressed...

I noticed the same thing :lol:

OMG! I;ve never acutally seen a Prime truck, I was beginning to wonder if they realy existed or were just an 80's thing lol.... that's awesome.

They are not in service that much anymore. Last time I drove out to LA I think I saw 2 on my whole trip from AZ.