PSP Official Discussion thread.

bandit29

I only expect to see that after they've forced us to buy their expensive memory stick duos.  It's their cashcow.

Depressing but true, an add on reader for other types of cards would almost negate the need for a hard drive given that you can get CFII cards up to 4GB.

I thought those multi-gig CompactFlash cards WERE hard drives.

Yes they are. Very crashy ones too. The whole point of having an Ipod or other MP# player is in the ability to carry a huge library in your pocket. 4G doesn't cut it for me. I need at least 30. If they get around to putting a drive in it I might consider getting a second.

I just put the episode "The Hand of God" from the New Galactica on my memory stick.

Just asking a question about connecting online with the PSP again.

I got it to work, but only when I don't set encryption on the wireless settings. I'm using a netgear G router and everytime i use 64-bit or 128-bit encryption, the psp won't connect and doesn't get an IP address. If i turn WEP off, then it works fine without any problems

For those of you who are using WEP and getting your psp to work, what are your settings: encryption strength, type of authentication, etc.?

April's FOOL.  :lol:

that ain't real.....right? :huh::blink::unsure:

Definately not.

Although it is ugly enough to be a Sony product.

Yeah, but look at the size of the disc loader/UMD loader compared to the rest of the unit.

To be real, the PS3 would have to freaking enormous... say what you want about Sony's designs being ugly (frankly, only the metallic purple they've used in PC and laptop casings for their VAIO line has really been ugly, IMHO), it's Microsoft that makes consoles you need a forklift to move.

What are you guys using for screen protector? I got the Hori one but it is impossible to get into place without air bubbles or dust underneath it. I ordered some expensive protectors from Boxwave that got really good reviews... I wonder if anybody here got those.

I freak out every time somebody asks to "see" my new psp. The screen was supposed to have some super resistant adamantium-like coating but my co-worker scratchet his just by buffing dust off. I freak out every time somebody asks to "see" my new psp. :/

What are you guys using for screen protector? I got the Hori one but it is impossible to get into place without air bubbles or dust underneath it. I ordered some expensive protectors from Boxwave that got really good reviews... I wonder if anybody here got those.

I freak out every time somebody asks to "see" my new psp. The screen was supposed to have some super resistant adamantium-like coating but my co-worker scratchet his just by buffing dust off. I freak out every time somebody asks to "see" my new psp. :/

not sure it would work for the screen protectors but when Im putting decals on our mining trucks we use a hot air gun to remove all the airbubbles. Don't tell everybody, trade secret ;) .

not sure it would work for the screen protectors but when Im putting decals on our mining trucks we use a hot air gun to remove all the airbubbles. Don't tell everybody, trade secret ;) .

How does this work? Would a blow-dryer suffice?

As far as the PSP goes, this thing gets fingerprints so quickly. It would be a cool mod to take it all apart and respray all the black plastic with a flat coat of paint or vinyl dye.

Just curious, has anyone tried a US game on a Jap PSP or vice versa?

I heard that the games from all region (eg Japan, US, UK) are region free but one can only watch movies from the region where the PSP was purchased; is it true?

I am planning to buy a PSP and am a little stuck with this dilemma. I want to get the Jap version since it is the only PSP made in Japan while all the rest are made in China ;)

Andy :)

I heard that the games from all region (eg Japan, US, UK) are region free but one can only watch movies from the region where the PSP was purchased; is it true?

I am planning to buy a PSP and am a little stuck with this dilemma. I want to get the Jap version since it is the only PSP made in Japan while all the rest are made in China ;)

SAME DEFECT RATIO THOUGH.

i am gettign bleach ina week. will tell you then.

I am planning to buy a PSP and am a little stuck with this dilemma. I want to get the Jap version since it is the only PSP made in Japan while all the rest are made in China  ;)

Andy  :)

SAME DEFECT RATIO THOUGH.

i am gettign bleach ina week. will tell you then.

I just got back from Tokyo and I picked up Bleach there. The jpn games

do work on my US PSP, so no worries. However, I'm not sure about US games working on a JPN system. I do remember reading articles that it worked (try IGN or Gamespot). Bleach is a pretty fun game btw. Looks great on the psp screen, too

Regarding my prior posts about the psp and WEP encryption: I finally got it working. After some searches online, it turns out that the PSP doesn't differentiate between WEP key indexes. I always had my key indexes set to 2 or 3, so when I finally set the index on my router to 1, the psp was able to go online. Just a tip for others out there who may have had issues with WEP keys.

just wondering if any of you guys have put on those cellhpone straps with anime charms on ur psp yet...i wanna get a couple gundam ones from an online shop but i'm reluctant to spend the money if it's not gonna fit...also, any good hard cases out yet? so far i've seen a few that look like briefcases. those are pretty much unappealing to me...i saw an aluminum one that fits right around the psp but it looks like sliding it in might leave some nasty scratches...i saw a hardcase from logitech and it looks really good...except it's not in production yet <_<

How does this work? Would a blow-dryer suffice?

As far as the PSP goes, this thing gets fingerprints so quickly. It would be a cool mod to take it all apart and respray all the black plastic with a flat coat of paint or vinyl dye.

yah it should may take longer depending on its thickness.

Yes, US games works on JPN PSP fine and JPN games works on US PSP fine

going overboard with their method is going to screw up your PSP. High heat on an LCD screen is bad mojo, likewise allowing even a miniscule amount of water to seep into your buttons or cracks in the it would also be a bad idea. Slow careful application would seem to be the wisest move.

going overboard with their method is going to screw up your PSP. High heat on an LCD screen is bad mojo, likewise allowing even a miniscule amount of water to seep into your buttons or cracks in the it would also be a bad idea. Slow careful application would seem to be the wisest move.

I just keep my PSP in its sock when I'm not using it. The entire front face of the PSP seems to be one piece of plastic, and the actual LCD itself seems to be underneath said plastic. So I figure it's probably okay to wipe the PSP's screen area with a damp cloth (I'd be careful around the buttons, though).

For those worried about liquids, though, I'll just point out that I spilled a glass of coke on my laptop once. No problems, save for the buttons sticking. Figuring that water couldn't do more damage that coke, I misted the keyboard and wiped the whole thing down. Works fine to this day.

I think they were talking about two things though,

A. First applying heat to iron air bubbles out of the screen protector film that someone applied to their screen. As with vynil stickers and other adhesive attached films, the goal is to heat the bubbley sticker until the adhesive underneath becomes soft and the sticker becomes slightly maleable so you an push the air bubbles out from under the sticker. This could be dangerous for yoru LCD if you end up significantly raising the temperature of the screen or worse yet outright burning it.

B. Applying a small amount of liquid to the screen before setting the screen protector film on the unit, allowing for ease of placement and again to push air bubbles out from under the film before it is "attached" to the screen. Here the danger is getting liquid into the electronics of the PSP. You can put your keyboard in your dishwaher, and chances are it will work fine if you let it dry completely before using it again, (I know, dumb, but I have witnessed this on a keyboard that had a coke spilled in it, worked perfectly after the dishwasher and a week of air drying.) But if you get some water or liquid in yor PSP and then run power through it, you can damage it, I haven't taken mine apart to check the seals, but with the coutours of the PSP I think it would be easy to get some water in the speaker holes or around the buttons.

Essentially, I am just saying, I would suggest a little caution with etiher of these methods, seems like either way, if you aren't careful you might break something.

I think they were talking about two things though,

A. First applying heat to iron air bubbles out of the screen protector film that someone applied to their screen. As with vynil stickers and other adhesive attached films, the goal is to heat the bubbley sticker until the adhesive underneath becomes soft and the sticker becomes slightly maleable so you an push the air bubbles out from under the sticker. This could be dangerous for yoru LCD if you end up significantly raising the temperature of the screen or worse yet outright burning it.

B. Applying a small amount of liquid to the screen before setting the screen protector film on the unit, allowing for ease of placement and again to push air bubbles out from under the film before it is "attached" to the screen. Here the danger is getting liquid into the electronics of the PSP. You can put your keyboard in your dishwaher, and chances are it will work fine if you let it dry completely before using it again, (I know, dumb, but I have witnessed this on a keyboard that had a coke spilled in it, worked perfectly after the dishwasher and a week of air drying.) But if you get some water or liquid in yor PSP and then run power through it, you can damage it, I haven't taken mine apart to check the seals, but with the coutours of the PSP I think it would be easy to get some water in the speaker holes or around the buttons.

Essentially, I am just saying, I would suggest a little caution with etiher of these methods, seems like either way, if you aren't careful you might break something.

close but no. the heat shrinks the decal so it forces the air out.