PSP Official Discussion thread.

bandit29

btw...i saw a card reader for the ms duo and pro duo...would those be okay for adding stuff onto the memory card?

Yes, you could grab a Memory Stick Duo/Duo PRO reader (in my case, my VAIO PC has a standard Memory Stick, so I bought a regular 512mb Sandisk Memory Stick Duo PRO instead of the colorful ones they're releasing for the PSP, and it came with an adaptor). But a mini-USB is probably cheaper. I saw them at Wal-Mart for around $5. Plug one end into the PSP, the other into your PC, and on the PSP's main menu, go all the way to the left, and find the USB icon. Make sure your Wi-Fi switch is on, and tell it to connect... your PC should recognize the PSP automatically, and treat it as a USB Mass Storage Device.

Question, if you surf the web with the psp, how do u type stuff??

If you have a PSP, remember the funky keypad that came up when you gave it its nickname? It's the same one. For those of you without PSP's, you highlight a text box, and push the X button. A screen comes up with a text box on the right, and a keypad very much like a cell phone's on the left. Needless to say, without a better browser and some kind of mini USB keyboard, you probably won't want to use the PSP for posting here. But if you're chilling at Borders (my local one just went wi-fi) and thinking to go see a movie, you could probably use it to check the showtimes.

Hey, any of you guys here about this?!?

Sony Fined 90.7 Milllion

Seems like the order is even trying to bar PS2 sales - says nothing about PSPs though.

any hardware and software utilitize dual stock controller is to be remove from sales. however, sony is allow to continue sales of these products while they appreal to the courts ruling. mircosolf got smart and only pay $26 million a couple years ago, and got 10% of the company that sued them in the process.

Ok so I cracked.

Got one at Wally world.

Picked up Darkstalkers and Ridge Racer.

Hot damn this thing is awesome.

Need a 1gb memory stick duo though. :(

I cracked on Sat. Got Lumines, and Darkstalkers. RR is sold out everywhere for me. Lumines is so fracken addictive it's funny! Darkstalkers....not so much but it's okay. I want RR!!! or GT-something, I need a racing game!!(NFSU and Wipeout don't do it for me.)

Good place to get Memory sticks is camera shops. A memory stick duo is a memory stick duo is a memory stick duo. ;)

Ridge Racer is pure bliss. I bought Wipeout but exchanged it once I drove around looking for Ridge.

I love it.

Darkstalkers is awesome. I only wish the load times werent so long. Beautifuly recreated from the arcade though. All the animation is there and looks soo good on the PSP screen.

Ok so I cracked.

Got one at Wally world.

I cracked on Sat. Got Lumines, and Darkstalkers. RR is sold out everywhere for me. Lumines is so fracken addictive it's funny! Darkstalkers....not so much but it's okay. I want RR!!! or GT-something, I need a racing game!!(NFSU and Wipeout don't do it for me.)

Good place to get Memory sticks is camera shops. A memory stick duo is a memory stick duo is a memory stick duo. ;)

Ridge Racer is pure bliss. I bought Wipeout but exchanged it once I drove around looking for Ridge.

I love it.

Darkstalkers is awesome. I only wish the load times werent so long. Beautifuly recreated from the arcade though. All the animation is there and looks soo good on the PSP screen.

Ridge Racer is great. Awesome. One thing I wish you could do with Ridge Racer(and other PSP games) is the ability to use your own MP3s for the BGM.

The load times for Darkstalkers are a tad long but its does look great on the PSP screen.

In other Vampire/Darkstalkers news, Capcom is releasing the complete arcade collection(5 games) for the Japanese PS2 in mid-May for around 5000 yen. No word on a US release but it'll probably come here.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0503/game050326a.shtml

Ok so I cracked.

Got one at Wally world.

I love it.

Ridge Racer is excellent, but I don't know that I'd have exchanged Wipeout for it. Lucky me, I have both!

I haven't tried Darkstalkers yet, and I don't really seem to "get" Lumines (but my wife LOVES it). I will say, though, that if you liked either of the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games or the Champions of Norrath games, Untold Legends is pretty good, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour is also very good if you liked the console versions. Less actual PGA tour events and no RTE's, but it's got pretty much everything else. Oh, and despite some things lifted from 2005, it's actually more like the 2004 edition... no Tour Difficulty, no Tiger vision, etc. Also like 2004, I think your golfer's stats matter more. You can pretty much birdie every whole in 2005 even with weak stats, but on the PSP, expect to suck until you spend some money.

Untold legends really isn't what its all cracked up to be, I've played a good 4 hours of it, on my uuuh wha 3rd or 4th quest having to kill some magic evil demon dudes......aaaaaaannnnnddddd.....blah I'm loosing interest.

But my guy has a strong resemblance to Krauser from Fatal Fury 2, so I named him Krauser for that....he's pretty fin strong right now....I do alot of hack and slash.

NFSURivals is annoying until I get some good competition, then it gets stupid! This stupid Celica keeps kicking my frakin ass all over the place. I'll get the lead for the first lap, then outta no where near the last third of the track, he'll come out of nowhere and beat me by a good 6 seconds!.......cause at times out of shock and awe of this celica's greatness of beating me (and its HARD to beat me in a racing game....till now) I crash into another frakin car.

I'm thinking of going to GS during my lunch hour (in 30 minutes) and getting something for my PSP...maybe a carcharger, ooorrrrr the USB cable....something....

Heres my problem with Untold Legends.

Its made by SOE. It has no Net Wifi. How does that make sense?

I really wish more of the lauch games had Net Wifi support. I think the only one was Twisted Metal right?

It would have been awesome for Ridge and Darkstalkers to have it. I know you can tunnel them but that looks like a PITA.

What I really want is Hot Shots Golf. I hope they delayed it to put Netplay in it. :)

Had I to guess why they delayed Hotshots, I think that the real answer is that they are staggering some of their completed releases just to make sure they have games in the pipeline while some of the third party developers catch up on programming for the thing. If I read the releases right, they aren't planning on an official wireless browser / full internet capability roll-out until after June, Hot Shots is showing a May release date last time I checked.

Not to be a pessimist, but I expect a short lull in game releases and probably a ton of PSP future title announcements at E3, the RPG titles from Atlus and Square-Enix won't be announced till then, but both are on the list of registered PSP developers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the reason for a few of the game release push backs was just to be sure it didn't look like no games were en route.

Reading this thread is making me really want to get one but I know that I'll probably never really play it. Lumines and Untold Legends are the two games that I'm really looking at.

If you guys need Sony memory sticks I may have a hookup. PM me if you want info.

Finally found Ridge Racer...at Bestbuy of all places. Best thing was, as I was at the customer service desk having them search for it for me two guys came 3mins after they(the whole desk) were rummaging through their stock looking for one for me, asking about it....and I got the last one! Muhahahahaha!!!

Oh and anybody in the GTA I talked to an EB guy during lunch and he said that for almost every 20 RR that were expected to show up at each store only 5-8 did. The big sellers RR, Lumines and Darkstalkers were supposed to be 20/20/20. Instead were 5/20/20 and no explanation given from the distrubuters when they asked what was up.

I wonder how much will this cost? :blink:

DAMMIT! I don't know what is worse . . . the fact that the picture is 5x bigger than the actual stick or . . . that I am drooling over it! :p Damn you and your techophile Pr0n!

On a sidenote, I managed to shrink NLA's DYRL down to 300MB from 1.2GB . . .

I wonder how much will this cost?  :blink:

DAMMIT! I don't know what is worse . . . the fact that the picture is 5x bigger than the actual stick or . . . that I am drooling over it! :p Damn you and your techophile Pr0n!

my ipod can hodl 20 gigs.

Really? Can you BT it cause I'm sure a ton of us would love to have that movie on our PSP's!

At least I would. :p

my ipod can hodl 20 gigs.

that's nice.

Reading this thread is making me really want to get one but I know that I'll probably never really play it. Lumines and Untold Legends are the two games that I'm really looking at.

If you guys need Sony memory sticks I may have a hookup. PM me if you want info.

Just buy it man!!!

Anyone who has a PSP and wants an easy way to deal with vids and mp3s.

Grab this.

I got it tonight and it rocks. I converted the SW EP3 trailer and it looks sweet on my PSP.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801956

Bad URL

One or more required arguments (key=value pairs) are missing from the URL.

EDIT: Never mind. It's working now. :lol:

Edited by UN Spacy

Anyone who has a PSP and wants an easy way to deal with vids and mp3s.

Grab this.

I got it tonight and it rocks. I converted the SW EP3 trailer and it looks sweet on my PSP.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801956

Bad URL

One or more required arguments (key=value pairs) are missing from the URL.

Works fine for me.

Anyways it's a USB cable to connect your PSP to your PC. Also comes with some media management CD.

PS. Has anyone got this to work yet?

Yeah, I believe Mike said he got his running on the web, I got mine online through the Wipeout loophole yesterday. It is a little clumsy using the pop-up cell phone like keypad but it works. It won't run quicktime or win-media applications so you can't watch movie trailers or video content on the web in most cases but it will get you to web pages and show most standard images. I couldn't get mine to load up modern Flash pages, so I assume it doesn't have flash player capability, and it may never. It will allow you to do handy things like look up movie times, mapquest maps and phone numbers in the yellow pages online. So it has some uses.

That episode of South park was great. I love how quickly those guys can jump on a topic and crank out an episode, and wrapping the PSP, Lord of the Rings, Terry Shiavo and The Last Starfighter all into one cohesive funny storyline made it even better :)

I picked up a starter kit, yes its pelican...but this is a temporary solution till after my seattle trip next week.

I haven't used any of the USB cables and what not, don't have the time too yet...buuuuuuttttttttttttttttt I think I will fairly soon. <<<<still got receipt and throwing it back going "PIECE OF CRAP!"