More Shadow Force news

Nope, I was speaking specifically about Robotech 3000. Remember the early release production pictures with E-Frame like mecha? I think there was also a small promotional clip.

Nope, I was speaking specifically about Robotech 3000. Remember the early release production pictures with E-Frame like mecha? I think there was also a small promotional clip.

335275[/snapback]

Available in it's glory/infamey/whatevery on RT.com...

Robotech 3000 Promo clip

335297[/snapback]

After seeing the clip again, I thought the name and ending piece of the commercial would more adequate in an informercial for a new vacuum.

HAHA i'm not one to really talk poo, but WTF is a talking dog doing in this series? that is some butchered crap......

Anybody ever seen the aliens in Star Wars? Some of them look quite funny. In fact, don't the squid people come from a planet called Calamari? That's funny stuff. Still, I think Star Wars is one heck of a movie franchise so I wouldn't let something as silly as werewolf alien ruin my perception of a fictional universe.

I just read the first issue of Shadow Chronicles, I almost laughed my ass off when Lisa survived that attack, I thought "ALRIGHT! FINALLY SOME DEATH!".......but alas, it didn't occur.

Not to start the Mac7 vs RT line again, 'cause really I don't want to do that, but I thought this was humorous since that was exactly my thought when Gamlin ate it... and then was magically resurrected the next episode.

Edited by jenius

I'm really sad that I haven't really been joining in on the fun here as much as I like too.

In a way I think it's cool that they have attempted to make their own new cartoon and at the same time it's funny that they decided to go with the Sentinels. What ever chance I believe they had to make an okay cartoon is slipping see this Sentinel revamp.

I'm really sad that I haven't really been joining in on the fun here as much as I like too.

In a way I think it's cool that they have attempted to make their own new cartoon and at the same time it's funny that they decided to go with the Sentinels.  What ever chance I believe they had to make an okay cartoon is slipping see this Sentinel revamp.

335540[/snapback]

Hopefully the Sentinels redux will only appear in the Prelude comics and won't get any more than a off-handed passing mention on the animation; but knowing HG...

Funny that the people who don't care about a topic keep posting in it. Still no official word of a Mospeada 2 being made out of it.  :wub: I hope it just stays Robotech and leaves Mospeada out of it.......

335224[/snapback]

Funny, I was thinkin if they want to make it good, they will need to leave Robotech out of it.

Funny that the people who don't care about a topic keep posting in it. Still no official word of a Mospeada 2 being made out of it.  :wub: I hope it just stays Robotech and leaves Mospeada out of it.......

335224[/snapback]

Funny, I was thinkin if they want to make it good, they will need to leave Robotech out of it.

335599[/snapback]

What if they use the Governator for Rick Hunter's new voice?

Except that Gamlin death scene was superawesome, him not being dead doesn't diminish it :)

335473[/snapback]

Yes it does you sissy. Staying dead is the best part of killing someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Review of Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles #2

The Good

- The return of Karen Penn. Design doesn't look too bad, though she looks real good for being 35.

- The SDF-3 redesign gets a good layout at the back of the book. Not bad overall, I guess. The Crusader-class Dropships explain the cover of PtSC #4.

- The Tokuagawa redesign, as well, gets a layout to better explain things.

- Breetai's warriors now pilot some kind of Bioroid-like mecha.

- Dr. Louis Nichols and Dr. Miles Cochrane make a brief appearance.

- The Horizon V-class Troop Shuttle makes a brief appearance.

- The Regent's Shocktroopers now have some kind of armoured space booster/weapons platform they dock with, allowing them to be more fully utilized in space. Interesting design.

- The return of Lazlo Zand, who now has cybernetic eyes.

- The Regent and Breetai bite the bullet fighting each other on the bridge of the Regent's cruiser....because Edwards target the ship with the Icarus's synchro-cannon. Good riddance to both.

The Bad

- The Shadow technology is now said to be an ancient technology that has been revived. Ok, total BS. The Masters had stealth technology and most certainly could detect protoculture emissions. This is wonky reasoning as its plain the tech was in the hands of the Tirolians in the Tv series.

- The Icarus, apparently as well as the rest of the Shimikaze-class cruisers split their bow to fire their synchro-cannon. :rolleyes:

- No explanation of where Zand has been nor how it is Lang thinks he was dead.

- The new Zentraedi mecha are some 40+ feet tall. Why?

The Ugly

- Lazlo Zand makes reference to cloaking from the Shadow Dimension. WTF? The Shadow, as the Regiss calls it in Robotech, has always been a reference to the Masters and their dastardly deeds in ancient times in which they kicked the poo out of the Invid.

-Breetai's helmet looks like Judge Dredd's. I expected him to say to the Regent 'I am the LAW!'

- Breetai claims the Zentraedi fought the Invid for years on end. Bull-f*cking-sh*t. The Invid would have gotten totally annhilated by Dolza's fleet. Whats more, thank you Breetai for betraying the UEG to the Masters and the Invid during the 2nd Robotech War. This entire line of reasoning is the most asinine thing about these new comics.

- Just as in #1, no one gets a shot off at the Icarus. Excuse me, I do believe that just because it has passive stealth does not mean its cloaked from visual or laser targeting. WTF, do Robotech munitions not have television/visual guidance packages? Are we somehow to believe that the gun emplacements on the Tokugawa had all their visual targeting aids ripped out, eventhough we clearly see visual targeting used in eps. #50 Triumvirate?

- The Tokugawa's sensors do not detect the Icarus's powering up of her synchro-cannon until its too late. WTF, are we somehow supposed to believe that the massive spike in energy distribution somehow is cloaked by the Shadow Technology? There is no way to cover the leakage of radiation from the main gun's powering up.

- The Regent's Scorpion cruiser now looks even more arachnid-like. Stupid.

- How is it the Karbarrans were only a year ago just liberated and able to aid the UEEF in refitting their vessels? Wouldn't the Regent have laid waste to their industrial capacity, you know 'scorched earth' tactics, to prevent his enemies from retaliating against him for some time.

- Edwards gets full control of the Invid mecha fighting against the UEEF forces. Ok, HOW! Those are self-willed pilots inside those mecha, not drones.

- Someone care to explain why the Tokugawa did not completely overwhelm the Invid forces with mecha, considering it can normally carry up to 1000 starfighters? Add in more due to the extra Quick-Launch Bays on the sides.

- The Tokugawa is now classed as Super Dimensional Battleship-06. Huh?

Notes:

- Karen Penn and Jack Baker now both hold the rank of Commander.

- Karen is no longer a pilot and is bucking for command authority as apparently either the XO of the Tokugawa or at least one of its senior bridge staff.

- The Tokugawa retained part of the UEF post-Macross paint scheme: dark blue.

Boy, the hits keep on coming. :rolleyes:

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Why can't the Zents have been fighting the Invid for a long time? Why did the Regis have to be referring to the Masters when talking about Shadow? I thought just about nothing was canon anymore and I don't see why having the Invid a powerful villain at some point in their past would really be an issue.

Why can't the Zents have been fighting the Invid for a long time?

Cause the Invid would have been extinct otherwise. The Zentraedi caused the collapse of the original Robotech Republic by smashing the crap out of everything. Reference: Khyron's Revenge.

Why did the Regis have to be referring to the Masters when talking about Shadow?

'The shadow of the Robotech Masters has been allowed to rule this planet for too long. Now it must end.' - The Regiss eps. #85 Symphony of Light

Doesn't get any more self-explanatory than that.

I thought just about nothing was canon anymore and I don't see why having the Invid a powerful villain at some point in their past would really be an issue.

337985[/snapback]

The Tv series is canon, period. As for the Invid being powerful, hah. Please, explain why the Regiss states that the Invid had to flee to another galaxy twice in their recorded history. Plus, if they were so all friggin powerul, how come they could not even take over the entire Earth? There were large pockets of land they could not control. There was also the fact that they could not drive the UEEF from the Moon. Hardly sounds like a powerful race.

Wait a minute so all the shitty crap from the Sentinels and the novels switch me and mine decided to ingore when we were Robotech fans is part of the offical cannon now?

Nope, thanks to that little clause Harmony Gold created: The Tv series trumps everything. Most of what was written in the new comics conflicts one way or another with Robotech.

Should we start taking bets now on whether this new "series" will fall to the exact same fate that the Sentinels did?

338011[/snapback]

Whats are the odds. I wouldn't give it much because if HG doesn't pull this off, they are pretty much out of business.

Oh, I see, someone mentions "shadow" once and suddenly everything is connected. And it must be the Masters? :rolleyes:

In another thread regarding DYRL, someone says that a character states (in M+): "So, you remembered" and that not only constitutes a definite reference to Macross: Do You Remember Love?, but also firmly establishes the "movie within the continuity" nature of DYRL.

These leaps of "logic" are always fun. :lol:

H

Oh, I see, someone mentions "shadow" once and suddenly everything is connected.  And it must be the Masters?  :rolleyes:

In another thread regarding DYRL, someone says that a character states (in M+):  "So, you remembered" and that not only constitutes a definite reference to Macross:  Do You Remember Love?, but also firmly establishes the "movie within the continuity" nature of DYRL.

These leaps of "logic" are always fun.  :lol:

H

338018[/snapback]

It only takes a Macross7 fan, or maybe a Robotech fan.

Wasn't Lazlo Zand entirely a creation of McKinney, originating with a nameless schmoe in the background of one particular episode?  :rolleyes:

338033[/snapback]

Yeah, he was one of Dr. Lang's assistants on the SDF-1, but stayed behind after the SDF-3 left and performed "experiments" on Dana Sterling.

338035[/snapback]

... AND could make himself invisible which is why we never saw him in Masters.

Wasn't Lazlo Zand entirely a creation of McKinney, originating with a nameless schmoe in the background of one particular episode?  :rolleyes:

338033[/snapback]

Yeah, he was one of Dr. Lang's assistants on the SDF-1, but stayed behind after the SDF-3 left and performed "experiments" on Dana Sterling.

338035[/snapback]

... AND could make himself invisible which is why we never saw him in Masters.

338039[/snapback]

NINJA!

Should we start taking bets now on whether this new "series" will fall to the exact same fate that the Sentinels did?

338011[/snapback]

Whats are the odds. I wouldn't give it much because if HG doesn't pull this off, they are pretty much out of business.

338017[/snapback]

alll they need is you as a cameo in it. Anything with agent one would be so awsome they would need to redefine the word awsome just to describe it.

338011[/snapback]

338017[/snapback]

alll they need is you as a cameo in it. Anything with agent one would be so awsome they would need to redefine the word awsome just to describe it.

338048[/snapback]

Hey thats why we all come to MW baby. :D

338011[/snapback]

338017[/snapback]

338048[/snapback]

Hey thats why we all come to MW baby. :D

338049[/snapback]

i can arrange it. lol. well I can try rofl. Agent 1 cameo in rt comic. man it will sell out.

ps. go on im. i got some news.

Cause the Invid would have been extinct otherwise. The Zentraedi caused the collapse of the original Robotech Republic by smashing the crap out of everything. Reference: Khyron's Revenge.

Honest question, what does rampaging Zents destroying the Republic have to do with whether or not the Invid are powerful? They must be more powerful than the Masters right, I mean, the Masters are clearly afraid of them once the Zents are gone and The Invid swoop in and conquer Earth easily whereas the Masters just floated around in space.

'The shadow of the Robotech Masters has been allowed to rule this planet for too long. Now it must end.' - The Regiss eps. #85 Symphony of Light

Doesn't get any more self-explanatory than that.

Okay, so because the Regis mentions the Masters and the word "shadow" in the same sentence this is the definitive proof that shadow technology is directly related to the Masters? Again, maybe I'm just too imaginative. Are their more quotes that support this?

The Tv series is canon, period. As for the Invid being powerful, hah. Please, explain why the Regiss states that the Invid had to flee to another galaxy twice in their recorded history.

1) They might have had to flee because they were not as powerful as A) the Zents, and B) the mysterious Shadow villains that might be coming up. Either that or the Zents kicked their butts twice. Weren't the Invid the threat that created the need for the Zents in the first place? That must make them powerful right?

Plus, if they were so all friggin powerul, how come they could not even take over the entire Earth? There were large pockets of land they could not control. There was also the fact that they could not drive the UEEF from the Moon. Hardly sounds like a powerful race.

You're totally confusing apathy for weakness. They took over all of the Earth they needed. The series never show them failing at anything. We don't see an episode where a base on Earth successfully repels an attack. Why would they bother attacking the moon also? There was nothing there they wanted, they fully expected humanity to get over the loss of the planet and move on... not keep fighting for it. They also knew they were strong enough that no matter what they threw at them they would easily repel them.

Honest question, what does rampaging Zents destroying the Republic have to do with whether or not the Invid are powerful?

Zor finds the protoculture and beats the sh!t out of the Invid to gain it. They are summarily forced to leave their homeworld (stated by the Regiss). The Zentraedi in turn kick the sh!t out of the original Robotech Masters. Do the friggin math.

They must be more powerful than the Masters right

Only in Jack McKinney-land.

I mean, the Masters are clearly afraid of them once the Zents are gone

Wrong! The Masters are concerned about the Invid because they are fighting a protracted war over the Earth. Their expenditure of resources is far outweighing their possibility of assured victory against the Invid. They are worried about them because of their war with the Southern Cross, as stated in the Tv series. The only person among the Masters who is afraid of the Invid is Musica, a civilian. Her views on military matters doesn't mean squat.

The Invid swoop in and conquer Earth easily whereas the Masters just floated around in space.

Were you born a moron, or did you mom drop you repeatedly on your head as a child? That has to be, bar none, the most asinine attempt at brushing off The Masters War I've seen in a long time. Whats more, its patently wrong.

Okay, so because the Regis mentions the Masters and the word "shadow" in the same sentence this is the definitive proof that shadow technology is directly related to the Masters?

You missed the point entirely. The new comics are claiming that the term Shadow, as in the forces of the shadow that engulfed the ancient Invid, are some new aliens and not the Masters, which is patently un-canon.

What's more, the simple fact is that the Shadow technology can easily be shown to be reverse engieneered Tirolian ECM & ECCM technology courtesy of Dana's Story, Half Moon and Clone Chamber. How else can you explain the Masters landing a 510m long ship what may be as close as 150km (if not closer) to Monument City? Don't you think a half-kilometer long ship would arouse some suspicion?

Further, the Masters' ability to control what looks suspiciously like dimensional energies in The Trap and Catastrophe fits perfectly with the 4-dimensional cloaking mumbo jumbo Sue Graham spews in eps. #83 Reflex Point.

The Invid, for their part, seem to have adapted a great number of technologies from the Tirolians during the course of The New Generation, such as The Protoculture Sensor and The Broadcast Towers.

1) They might have had to flee because they were not as powerful as A) the Zents

Except that the Zentraedi don't mention them to their erstwhile new allies, the UEF. Otherwise, why would no one in the 2nd Robotech War know who the Invid are?

B) the mysterious Shadow villains that might be coming up.

Which is all the more stupid....

Either that or the Zents kicked their butts twice.

Good possibility, more on that in a second....

Weren't the Invid the threat that created the need for the Zents in the first place?

WRONG! The Zentraedi were created as an interstellar police force. Later, the Masters used them against their true enemy: The Disciples of Zor, as mentioned in eps. #29 The Robotech Masters. A group, I might add, that is capable, according to the Masters, of opening up offensives against the 5.8 million warship strong Zentraedi under Dolza's command.

You're totally confusing apathy for weakness.

Not so. Care to explain Point K, a powerful UEF base that existed before the REF knew what the Invid were?

They took over all of the Earth they needed.

Wrong. They took over what they could because of their lack of, thats right, resources, specifically the Flower of Life. Why else would the Regiss state that the harvest of the FoL had reached a critical phase in eps. #72 The Fortress, a time right before she starts mass transmutation of the Invid to human form.

The series never show them failing at anything.

Wrong. I do believe that in Robotech, the Regiss leaves after being conivinced that the REF is going to slaughter them due to their numerical advantage (as stated by Sera in Symphony of Light.)

We don't see an episode where a base on Earth successfully repels an attack.

Then how did Point K survive for years on end?

Why would they bother attacking the moon also?

I dunno, maybe to prevent the humans from launching more attacks against them, as they did in the Tv series. Ya know, those three pesky moon bases caused so much trouble for the Invid. You would imagine, if they were as all powerful as you claim, they could have easily swatted aside the UEEF.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

I think 1st Border Red Devil means, with the 'shadow' comment that it appears that Harmony Gold is trying to tie the Regis' statements about 'the shadow' to this as yet unseen and newly created 'shadow universe'.

It's possible that it is unrelated, that HG will not try to tie this new shadow gimmick to the already established series in that way.

At least I'm assuming so, as I haven't read the comic itself. If they explicitly connect this shadow universe to the Regis' statements, 1st Border Red Devil is quite justified in his complaint.

In another thread regarding DYRL, someone says that a character states (in M+):  "So, you remembered" and that not only constitutes a definite reference to Macross:  Do You Remember Love?, but also firmly establishes the "movie within the continuity" nature of DYRL.

These leaps of "logic" are always fun.  :lol:

H

338018[/snapback]

Don't blame me if you can't put 2 & 2 together :)

1st Border, I am soooo happy that HG cares nothing about your misguided opinions. Not that I hold all that much faith in the new series being any good... but I'm fairly certain the things you feel are fact will be easily refuted.

You think the Invid are weak.... yet we are already hearing that they are a terror to be dealt with. So, what are you going to say when the new series shows them as being powerful? "It conflicts with the old series so the new series isn't canon!" No, I think you're just wrong and refusing to own up to it.

Wrong! The Masters are concerned about the Invid because they are fighting a protracted war over the Earth.

How protracted was the Invid war with Earth? Um, not at all. Was it because The Masters had done so much damage to the ASC? Okay, it's a nice thought, but the Invid destroy all the remaining army, at least three massive reclamation strikes, and then the remaining REF reclamation force upon its return. Was the ASC more powerful than all of that??? The animation does not support that.

What's more, the simple fact is that the Shadow technology can easily be shown to be reverse engieneered Tirolian ECM & ECCM technology courtesy of Dana's Story, Half Moon and Clone Chamber. How else can you explain the Masters landing a 510m long ship what may be as close as 150km (if not closer) to Monument City?

Leonard is a moron, he was probably gorging on donuts and ignored someone telling him there was a big ship landing on Earth. Your suppositions are no more valid than anyone else's.

Wrong. I do believe that in Robotech, the Regiss leaves after being conivinced that the REF is going to slaughter them due to their numerical advantage (as stated by Sera in Symphony of Light.)

The Regis never states why she is leaving. You are supposing it is because she feels her defeat is inevitable. Her actions don't really support that though. Scott and Lancer tell her she's gonna be defeated and she scoffs. Sera tells her she will be defeated and she scoffs. She's a Goddess, she knows she's not going to be defeated. It's only when she senses that more damage than good will come from the battle that she packs up her bags and defeats those who would damage Earth in the process. Yeah, it's truer to MOSPEADA's line of thought but it plays out the same in RT without any direct evidence to the contrary.

Then how did Point K survive for years on end?

You tell me. I missed that part of the animation. Oh wait, it's not in the animation. In fact, no history of it is in the animation at all. Point K is also, clearly, not a base, it's a gathering point. When enough people gathered there the Invid wiped them out. I can pick a "point' on a map and label it, it can remain labeled that for an eternity, that doesn't mean anything. All you can do is suppose, and again, your suppositions don't mean more than my own.

Except that the Zentraedi don't mention them to their erstwhile new allies, the UEF. Otherwise, why would no one in the 2nd Robotech War know who the Invid are?

Can you please tell me what in the animation proves that no one on Earth knew of the Invid? Besides, it's possible the Invid were a huge threat at one point and then beaten off a planet and disappeared with the Zents thinking they were gone forever... only to have the emerge even more powerful than before.

WRONG! The Zentraedi were created as an interstellar police force. Later, the Masters used them against their true enemy: The Disciples of Zor, as mentioned in eps. #29 The Robotech Masters. A group, I might add, that is capable, according to the Masters, of opening up offensives against the 5.8 million warship strong Zentraedi under Dolza's command.

Again, you lack imagination, the Disciples of Zor could have been anything, including an alliance that included the Invid. So, by your own logic, the Invid would be powerful.

I dunno, maybe to prevent the humans from launching more attacks against them, as they did in the Tv series. Ya know, those three pesky moon bases caused so much trouble for the Invid. You would imagine, if they were as all powerful as you claim, they could have easily swatted aside the UEEF.

Again, I think you prove my point, the Invid are so powerful they don't feel the need to worry about humans trying to reclaim Earth. They don't want the moon base and if the humans are stupid enough to attack from it they'll just wipe 'em all out. After all, it's easier to defend than to attack.