More Shadow Force news

Lisa is supposed to be older than Rick... but it looks like she has aged MUCH more gracefully.  I'm not saying Rick looks haggard or anything but Lisa looks all of about 25...

333726[/snapback]

And she's not fluorescent pink.

So she's still Lisa Hayes and not Lisa Hunter or has the whole Rick/Lisa relationship been dropped or after this long time they are still not married?

I thought the long wait in the Sentinel movie was stupid but this is even longer if they still aren't married and still in a relationship. Though if they aren't anymore then it would make sense.

As for the her design. I don't even care if she doesn't looke like the original version, this new version on it's own, she doesn't look that good I feel. Maybe had they kept her with longer hair and dropped the bun. Add a scar or two on her face that resulted from a console blowing up or being injured on a mission. I always looked at Lisa as the type of person that wouldn't mind getting down and dirty in a fight or getting injured to do her job for some reason.

Edited by Effect

And here is a pic of the new version of Lisa Hayes. I will say she looks far better than her Sentinels incarnation.

lisap.jpg

333709[/snapback]

That looks like it's from the animation, while the Rick Hunter pic is from the comic. Am I right?

As for the her design. I don't even care if she doesn't looke like the original version, this new version on it's own, she doesn't look that good I feel. Maybe had they kept her with longer hair and dropped the bun.

333731[/snapback]

I'm just glad she looks semi-pretty and of legal age, unlike the girls in 90% of new anime.

As for the her design. I don't even care if she doesn't looke like the original version, this new version on it's own, she doesn't look that good I feel. Maybe had they kept her with longer hair and dropped the bun.

333731[/snapback]

I'm just glad she looks semi-pretty and of legal age, unlike the girls in 90% of new anime.

333737[/snapback]

This is true. That is one thing I'm looking forward to about the new show. The adult characters in important positions instead of another show filled with teens. This is one of the things I enjoyed about both Macross and Robotech and all their versions. The characters always seemed range from late teens to 20s and above. That and the actual chain of command in the different shows. At least I can always count on that.

What isn't, however, is the creators' refusal to invite new readers and fans into this world.

That certainly is a good point. The same thing could be said of many established franchises.

I won't buy the comic. I have become a throw on your bookshelf, graphic novel weanie.......

Personally, i think she looks too good to be Lisa and y'all are bashing her for looking bad... I find the idea that a character needs to be designed by Mikimoto to be downright laughable and I'm not even an RT fanatic (although I do admit that I hope this series will turn out good... I need some new anime to come out that I can like again).

I think the idea of facial scars is interesting but I'm kinda glad it didn't happen as she might turn out looking like some space pirate or just not very feminine. I think what she's missing is a wrinkle or two... how old is she supposed to be??

She doesn't look good because she's not designed by Mikimoto, not because she's aged... she's a cartoon character for crissake... look at Millia.  Mikimoto designed her to age well.

333748[/snapback]

I'm not saying they should... I'm just saying that saying that the fact that saying she "aged" is ridiculous.

Okay when people told me about MGREXX being a stupid little annoying bitch that needs to be banned. I told them just ingore the dick then.

I think I agree with these people now, however I find it very funny as well. Maybe once the funs end so will he but as of now I'm getting a kick out of this fool. He reminds me a Banky but retard.

Lisa is supposed to be older than Rick... but it looks like she has aged MUCH more gracefully.  I'm not saying Rick looks haggard or anything but Lisa looks all of about 25...

333726[/snapback]

333729[/snapback]

"Eeryone's pink on the inside."

But wow, that is a huge stretch, I don't see Misa at all there, and when you combine that design with the robotech voice actress.... what the hell were they thinking?

333726[/snapback]

333729[/snapback]

"Eeryone's pink on the inside."

But wow, that is a huge stretch, I don't see Misa at all there, and when you combine that design with the robotech voice actress.... what the hell were they thinking?

333775[/snapback]

I think that the Robosuck voice actress( I can't remember her name) would fit the new Lisa Hayes to a tee,considering how mature she sounds(voice-wise).

However,the voice didn't fit the original too well.

That's just it, the design doesn't look old enough for her "20 years ago" too old to play misa voice. I actually can't wait to see what they do with Milia now too, maybe she's the one who will be pink :)

Man... Lisa is the hottest 57 year old EVER. What the heck? Rick could possibly look 50-ish but that Lisa drawing looks no where near 55+. They shoulda given her gray hair too. Then again, maybe in the 2040s anti-aging pills are all the rage.

Well, that Janice Em portrait looks okay at least.

333792[/snapback]

'cept for the fact that she left the hairdresser after only getting half her hair done... :p:lol:

So where's Granny Minmay?

Edited by >EXO<

Hmm....

had not checked, but there are also pics of Rick:

rickp.jpg

and Janice Em:

Janice.jpg

333785[/snapback]

Well, Rick's face isn't pink and he doesn't look bad. But forget how they look in the comic, every artist draws differently. I've seen hundreds of versions of things so established as Wolverine or Spider-man going from classic to manga knockoff (like in this comic) and everything in between. The things you might recognize in the future animation are the hairstyles and even these can change from comic to cartoon. Uniforms can also end up looking differently in the animation (remember that comic artists tend to draw spandex by nature).

Well, that Janice Em portrait looks okay at least.

333792[/snapback]

'cept for the fact that she left the hairdresser after only getting half her hair done... :p:lol:

So where's Granny Minmay?

333809[/snapback]

Probably going senile and trying to learn japanese from old j-pop tapes.

I'm digging the new Lisa character design. Of course, I think it's a good thing when they're different from the old Macross designs, since this isn't Macross.

Man... Lisa is the hottest 57 year old EVER.  What the heck?  Rick could possibly look 50-ish but that Lisa drawing looks no where near 55+.  They shoulda given her gray hair too.  Then again, maybe in the 2040s anti-aging pills are all the rage.

333794[/snapback]

Or, they got a dose of Mikimoto's "Age is just a state of mind" philosophy and flubbed it...

Also, IIRC from the miniscule knowledge I have of The Sentinuhls, wasn't that Janice character an android or something, and therefore immune to aging unless she wanted to?

Okay when people told me about MGREXX being a stupid little annoying bitch that needs to be banned.  I told them just ingore the dick then.

I think I agree with these people now, however I find it very funny as well.  Maybe once the funs end so will he but as of now I'm getting a kick out of this fool.  He reminds me a Banky but retard.

333759[/snapback]

Fuk yeah! Kick that guy out and I won't have any one else to wipe my ass with.

Also, IIRC from the miniscule knowledge I have of The Sentinuhls, wasn't that Janice character an android or something, and therefore immune to aging unless she wanted to?

333882[/snapback]

Correct, but I'm expecting HG to ret-con a fair amount of the Sentinels, given how wacky it was originally.

333882[/snapback]

Correct, but I'm expecting HG to ret-con a fair amount of the Sentinels, given how wacky it was originally.

333928[/snapback]

Thats the way it seems to me.

Shadow Force! To the rescue!

Kid1: Look we're under attack!

Kid2 swoops in with SDF3 playset: Choo! choo! choo!

Kid1: Admiral Hunter and the SDF3!

Kid2 (pulls out Admiral Hunter figure): I'm pink!

Kid1: WTF? :huh:

Geritol! To the rescue!

Admiral Lisa Hayes Hunter: Hi! I'm Lisa Hayes... lately when I walk to the SDF-3 bridge I can't help but feel a little exhausted, after all my lodge is a couple of miles away from here. That's why I take Geritol. It contains every vitamin and mineral established as essential in human nutrition. Geritol contains all of its vitamins A, C, and E in the antioxidant form. Geritol contains no artificial sweeteners or starch.

Geritol... If Claudia was here... she'd use it too... ;)

333934[/snapback]

Shadow Forrrrrrce! To the res-cue!!!!

333934[/snapback]

Shadow Forrrrrrce! To the res-cue!!!!

333939[/snapback]

ROFL :lol:

Well Lisa looks better then Sentinals for sure...however I thought she had green eyes? Rick doesnt look any better the Scott...which is crap imo...

As for MCRAPX....yeah somethings never change.

Awww hell, I go to work for two days and I happen to miss the fun. :p

Homotech: Shadowfarce is only good for those pathetic fanboys like MGTroll who would pay hordes of money to get a sneak preview only to realize there is nothing to see. Only after then will the Troll here realize Homotech is a joke, just like himself. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah right, we all secretly "love" Homotech because we bash it. It is just like you then who keeps coming back to MacrossWorld even after the members tell you to go fly a kite or climb a mountain and get yourself lost in the enchanted forest. Deep down inside you love this place! You are nothing more than a Macross fan in hiding! C'mon, don't be shy, admit it. I'm sure if you say you like M7, AgentOne will let you polish his doorknobs more often than now. Unless, of course, you are beyond hope and redemption and is just another damn Homotech fag waiting to be fed into the sun.

It's MACROSSWorld you brainless doorknob polishing, Dick Hunter fondling, Carl Macek sucking whore, NOT HomotechWorld! Once again, it is MACROSS. M-A-C-R-O-S-S. There, I've spelled it for you. Satisfied now? Next time, get your own forum elsewhere and call it MGREXX's Beach House or something so that we Macross purists can vent their hatred in full hardcore form.

Thank you.

It's MACROSSWorld you brainless doorknob polishing, Dick Hunter fondling, Carl Macek sucking whore, NOT HomotechWorld! Once again, it is MACROSS. M-A-C-R-O-S-S. There, I've spelled it for you. Satisfied now? Next time, get your own forum elsewhere and call it MGREXX's Beach House or something so that we Macross purists can vent their hatred in full hardcore form.

333955[/snapback]

For a guy with a bouncing 14 year old cartoon girl as his avatar, you sure do act like a badass.