More Shadow Force news

Too bad it doesn't actually LOOK like L/Misa at all....

333736[/snapback]

Well, to be fair, Misa doesn't look like Misa half the time in the SDF Macross episodes animated by AnimeFriend. :lol:

Edited by Hurin

Awww hell, I go to work for two days and I happen to miss the fun.  :p

Homotech: Shadowfarce is only good for those pathetic fanboys like MGTroll who would pay hordes of money to get a sneak preview only to realize there is nothing to see. Only after then will the Troll here realize Homotech is a joke, just like himself. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah right, we all secretly "love" Homotech because we bash it. It is just like you then who keeps coming back to MacrossWorld even after the members tell you to go fly a kite or climb a mountain and get yourself lost in the enchanted forest. Deep down inside you love this place! You are nothing more than a Macross fan in hiding! C'mon, don't be shy, admit it. I'm sure if you say you like M7, AgentOne will let you polish his doorknobs more often than now. Unless, of course, you are beyond hope and redemption and is just another damn Homotech fag waiting to be fed into the sun.

It's MACROSSWorld you brainless doorknob polishing, Dick Hunter fondling, Carl Macek sucking whore, NOT HomotechWorld! Once again, it is MACROSS. M-A-C-R-O-S-S. There, I've spelled it for you. Satisfied now? Next time, get your own forum elsewhere and call it MGREXX's Beach House or something so that we Macross purists can vent their hatred in full hardcore form.

Thank you.

333955[/snapback]

Why? If the Robosuck fansies didn't show up once and a while,who would we vent our hatred of all things Robosuck to? Having THEM around just makes things more interesting!

Why? If the Robosuck fansies didn't show up once and a while,who would we vent our hatred of all things Robosuck to? Having THEM around just makes things more interesting!

333985[/snapback]

If you feel that strongly about a 20 year old cartoon series, I might suggest you look into something called a "life." SHut the computer down and go outside, it's pretty cool. There's this thing called a "sun"...

333985[/snapback]

If you feel that strongly about a 20 year old cartoon series, I might suggest you look into something called a "life." SHut the computer down and go outside, it's pretty cool. There's this thing called a "sun"...

333986[/snapback]

No duh,smart ass. ;)

I was, for the most part, being humorous.

And yes, I hate Robosuck. I hate Harmony Ghoul's attitude and the "elitist" snobbery of the various fans of the show I have encountered over the years. Especially,when they find out that I am a Macross "purist".

Their "elitist" attitude is even more of a mystery considering it's over a "dumbed-down", "kiddie cartoon" and not the Ultimate,Uber-Science Fiction Saga they make it out to be. Therfore,it is not a simple matter of "feeling strongly over a twenty year old cartoon."

Macross,on the other hand, is a true "Space Opera" of a sort.

And since when is having a strong opinion on a subject a sign of "not having a life?" Explain that one to me, O All Wise One. :rolleyes:

I DO have a life, amigo. Just thought I'd share that with you,since you like to make assumptions based on limited info.

As my old philosophy instructor used to be fond of saying: "Assume Nothing."

It's MACROSSWorld you brainless doorknob polishing, Dick Hunter fondling, Carl Macek sucking whore, NOT HomotechWorld! Once again, it is MACROSS. M-A-C-R-O-S-S. There, I've spelled it for you. Satisfied now? Next time, get your own forum elsewhere and call it MGREXX's Beach House or something so that we Macross purists can vent their hatred in full hardcore form.

333955[/snapback]

For a guy with a bouncing 14 year old cartoon girl as his avatar, you sure do act like a badass.

333971[/snapback]

Thank you. You are the first to comment on my avatar.

Correction: I AM a badass. Except when it comes to A1 of course. B))

Shadow Force! To the rescue!

Kid1: Look we're under attack!

Kid2 swoops in with SDF3 playset: Choo! choo! choo!

Kid1: Admiral Hunter and the SDF3!

Kid2 (pulls out Admiral Hunter figure): I'm pink!

Kid1: WTF? :huh:

333934[/snapback]

EmoticonROFL.gifEmoticonROFL.gifEmoticonROFL.gifEmoticonROFL.gifEmoticonROFL.gif

Project Phoenix = BADASS!!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

Maybe a too long exposure to protoculture radiations or something makes human skin turns pink. This would explain, at least in the RT universe, why zentrans have weird skin colors sometimes...  :p

333481[/snapback]

In Robotech, protoculture is a flower isn't it? Does that make it a radioactive flower? Perhaps the sap is pink and that's what they rub on their skin?

Graham

In Robotech, protoculture is a flower isn't it?

Sorry Graham, no it is not. Protoculture is a substance derived from the Flower of Life. It has something to do with energy generation, but we don't know what as that is never (thankfully) explained nor is it necessary.

Does that make it a radioactive flower? Perhaps the sap is pink and that's what they rub on their skin?

334092[/snapback]

No, but prolonged exposure to the pollen will likely render a human sterile (why else would the Masters need to clone themselves?).

Does that make it a radioactive flower? Perhaps the sap is pink and that's what they rub on their skin?

334092[/snapback]

No, but prolonged exposure to the pollen will likely render a human sterile (why else would the Masters need to clone themselves?).

334103[/snapback]

Not to mention nausia, dizziness, and possible pre- and post-cognitive hallucinations :)

Edited by CoryHolmes

334092[/snapback]

334103[/snapback]

Not to mention nausia, dizziness, and possible pre- and post-cognitive hallucinations :)

334110[/snapback]

And sniffing, sneezing, stuffy head, fever.

334092[/snapback]

334103[/snapback]

334110[/snapback]

And sniffing, sneezing, stuffy head, fever.

334149[/snapback]

Nyquil! To the rescue!

334092[/snapback]

334103[/snapback]

334110[/snapback]

That explains the pink: Lick Hunter OD'd on Pepto Bismol. Pepto Bismol To The Rescue!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by phoenix01

Sorry Graham, no it is not. Protoculture is a substance derived from the Flower of Life. It has something to do with energy generation, but we don't know what as that is never (thankfully) explained nor is it necessary. 

Actually, it was explained in the Graphic Novel, however un-canon that is. The Flower of Life's life force is so strong that when its seed is contained in a stasis field, its attempt to germinate and resist the field produces vast quantities of heat and energy that can be harnessed to power, say, giant mecha.

Of course if such a seed was actually properly applying that energy towards growth and germination, then a stasis field capable of containing it would require as much external energy as the seed was generating, with a net gain of zero.

-Al

Actually, it was explained in the Graphic Novel, however un-canon that is.  The Flower of Life's life force is so strong that when its seed is contained in a stasis field, its attempt to germinate and resist the field produces vast quantities of heat and energy that can be harnessed to power, say, giant mecha.

Of course if such a seed was actually properly applying that energy towards growth and germination, then a stasis field capable of containing it would require as much external energy as the seed was generating, with a net gain of zero.

334205[/snapback]

Which is all gobbledegook. Its also bad technobabble. Protoculture is not a process, as you elaborate from The Graphic Novel, its apparent in the Tv series its a substance of some kind. Its used in power generation, but we also know that its not the actual fuel itself, since that would be impossible. Its also not a reaction mass.

Whats more, by the time of the 2nd Robotech War, its usage in civilian sectors is evident because they have a hover-roadster (Sean Phillip's car in Love Song) and borne out later in Curtain Call when the cola van driver says he gets a ration of protoculture, obviously use in his van.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

But he did write the graphic novel, as an official publication. So how can it be so easily disregarded? From what I've seen, many of the characters & concepts of the aborted Sentimentals has been retconned into the "new" continuity, and I recall people telling me that they too were non-canon Macek malarkey. To me this would seem to be the same thing.

Some Prelude Issue #1 Spoilers

- The SDF-3 looks like the Sentinals version at first until it's battle with the Regent's Carrier which nearly destroys it.

- Lisa Hayes Hunter is wounded in said battle and loses her and Rick's child.

- Rick Hunter looks like wanna be Agent-One.

- TR Edwards steals a new SDF class ship.

- MCRAPX still sucks golf balls.

Wait you mean she is in her mid-fifties and preggers? Sheesh they've had twenty years to have kids by this point, why did they wait, and heck mid-fifties she'd be practically menapausal.

Shadow Force! To the rescue!

Kid1: Look we're under attack!

Kid2 swoops in with SDF3 playset: Choo! choo! choo!

Kid1: Admiral Hunter and the SDF3!

Kid2 (pulls out Admiral Hunter figure): I'm pink!

Kid1: WTF? :huh:

333934[/snapback]

post-25-1077316877.jpg

you need to use this.

Wait you mean she is in her mid-fifties and preggers?  Sheesh they've had twenty years to have kids by this point, why did they wait, and heck mid-fifties she'd be practically menapausal.

334274[/snapback]

Yep, this is one of those whopper continuity issues. Hunter and Hayes should have had a kid by then, cause if he was shooting blanks for that many years, she would have demanded en-vitro fertilization.

But he did write the graphic novel, as an official publication. So how can it be so easily disregarded? From what I've seen, many of the characters & concepts of the aborted Sentimentals has been retconned into the "new" continuity, and I recall people telling me that they too were non-canon Macek malarkey. To me this would seem to be the same thing.

334232[/snapback]

Lets put it this way, Macek was under the delusion that The Masters War took place in 2024 and that The New Generation happened in 2030. Funny, Dana Sterling looks kinda grown up for someone that would be all of 11 yrs old in 2024. His original intent doesn't mean didilly. The new comics dont mean diddilly until a new version of The Sentinels is animated.

I will say, in the defense of Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles, that at least the aliens got a decent retcon design. The Karbarrans look like an ursinoid species, the Garudans are coloured and shaped more like vulpines while the Haydonites gave me this creepy Babylon 5 Kosh-like vibe. The main problem with PtShC is its not going to please anyone. Too much of it relies on the old McKinney novel Rubicon mixed in with some stuff that simply is baffling.

Actually, it was explained in the Graphic Novel, however un-canon that is.  The Flower of Life's life force is so strong that when its seed is contained in a stasis field, its attempt to germinate and resist the field produces vast quantities of heat and energy that can be harnessed to power, say, giant mecha.

334205[/snapback]

And all these years I thought the Veritechs were powered by stuffing leaves and flowers into the fuel tank :p

Graham

Wait a minute - Robotech...in West Hollywood? Now we know who HG is catering to...

334090[/snapback]

Hey my grand parents lived in West Hollywood for years!

When ever we visted (staying up to a couple of weeks to months a stay) I was confined in doors most time on fears that I a little boy would be kidnapped and recruited by the locals. Yet they allowed me to watch Robotech!!! I would have been safer if they allowed me out doors! :lol::lol:

Yep, this is one of those whopper continuity issues. Hunter and Hayes should have had a kid by then, cause if he was shooting blanks for that many years, she would have demanded en-vitro fertilization.

334294[/snapback]

You must have missed the part about her being so frigid that she accidentally went into a 20 year cryo-freeze, at which time lick hunter's constant cumshots unto her lifeless body managed to seep in and germinate.. With help from his protoculture milkshakes that is.

You must have missed the part about her being so frigid that she accidentally went into a 20 year cryo-freeze, at which time lick hunter's constant cumshots unto her lifeless body managed to seep in and germinate.. With help from his protoculture milkshakes that is.

334398[/snapback]

I'm guessing you skipped sex-ed class in high school...?

334398[/snapback]

I'm guessing you skipped sex-ed class in high school...?

334400[/snapback]

No, you're just underestimating the power of protoculture milkshake powered cum-shots.

Go ahead and continue to bash ROBOTECH.

You KNOW secretly love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

334399[/snapback]

MGREXX, you jackass, stop being a wanker. Don't give me any of this 'love Robotech' crap cause you're just a closet Macross fan who is an attention whore. Stop being part of the problem!

aef.jpg

333679[/snapback]

haha, even you're fellow RT fans hate you. Plus you're the one that secretly prefers Macross. Jackass!

If Lick Hunter now has robo-hips, does he also have a robo-dick?

And is it protoculture powered?

Graham

334403[/snapback]

You mean is it pink? Ummm... don't want to know...

damn I just took this book home from the store... haven't read it but the only thing I liked is the alpha/leggios drawings... everything else is kinda crappy.

They show Minmay's from the back, I think it's meant to be a suprise and we're not suppose to know who that is. But it seems pretty predictable... like I said I haven't even read it yet... lol.