I haven't seen any. I can't do a comparison of Kylo Ren, I never got the Black Series version. I do have two Black Series First Order Storm Troopers so I can do those, however I'd imagine if you wait a week or so they'll have a review plus comparison up on The Fwoosh. One of the guys there gets all of the figures, even the Bandai model kits that fit together like the Gundam models do, he already compared the Black Series, Bandai Model Kit and Figuarts versions of Vader and the Storm Troopers so I imagine he'll do one for the new Stormtroopers as well.

If you're curious about scale the Figuarts Kylo Ren is posed next to the Figuarts First Order Stormtrooper and Figuarts Vader. I can tell you that the Figuarts Vader is undersized and is about as tall as a Black Series Stormtrooper. Kylo Ren is the same size as that Figuarts Vader so it's safe to assume he's undersized too as the Black Series original and First Order Stormtroopers stand at about the same height. The Black Series First Order Stormtroopers will stand quite a bit taller than the Figuarts ones given the Figuart FO Stormtrooper is shorter than both Vader and Kylo in that picture as well.

hmm well i have Figuarts Vader and he is short...like BS stormtrooper height. kylo being as tall as figuarts vader....sounds lik ea good thing though. i don't think Ren is the towering giant vader is supposed to be. Ren is probably abou the height of a trooper so that'd work for me. i have a few FO troopers but havent' deboxed them yet. i do mix figuarts and BS troopers from the OT. gives soem variation. works well enough for me. i am using mafex vader right now which has a godo seze.

hmm well i have Figuarts Vader and he is short...like BS stormtrooper height. kylo being as tall as figuarts vader....sounds lik ea good thing though. i don't think Ren is the towering giant vader is supposed to be. Ren is probably abou the height of a trooper so that'd work for me. i have a few FO troopers but havent' deboxed them yet. i do mix figuarts and BS troopers from the OT. gives soem variation. works well enough for me. i am using mafex vader right now which has a godo seze.

I think size to style-wise Mafex has the best version of Vader out there. The sad thing about the Figuarts Vader is that they couldn't even keep it in scale with their RotJ Luke. Luke is taller than Vader is. Vader is supposed to be ~6'6". That being said Adam Driver is 6'3" so not that far off, but he should be a tad shorter than Vader is. I think somebody at Bandai screwed up and undersized Vader, like he was supposed to be in scale with the Avengers line instead of the Star Wars line or something.

So Figuarts Stormtroopers and the Death Star Version Movie Realization Vader arrived today.

Advantages to the Figuarts Stormtrooper. Actually poseable, unlike the horrible, not-even-able-to-bend-their-arms-at-fifty-degrees Hasbro Versions. Sculpt looks great. Armor all around works just like the clone troopers as far as I can tell. Downside, only comes with the blaster rifle, unlike the Hasbro one which also has a little pistol sidearm. Also, the blaster cannot be mounted on the leg armor like the Hasbro version can. But there is a fold down stock on the rifle, no doubt to be used with Snowtroopers, etc. Also, the feet don't appear to be completely flat. There's a slight curvature upward as you move towards the front of the foot that makes the figure want to fall forward. Such an odd thing to include.

Vader. Okay, this mold has more differences than I realized. It basically looks like the right hand has the gauntlet removed and looks more steam-punk/cyborg mechanical underneath. it's very cool looking. Obviously it has an additional holder for the second sword/scabbard on the belt. The giant Death Star thing on his forehead is a separate piece and slides on to an INCREDIBLY tiny bit of plastic on the front of the helmet. If this thing takes a nose dive off a shelf expect it to break. Odd decision to make considering the helmet is so dark you could have included a larger hole for the death star to peg into and you couldn't notice. Otherwise it's pretty much the same figure. If I had to choose I'd say this Vader looks far more interesting and the giant Death Star crest on his forehead pops out much more than the tiny, dark Imperial logo from the first release. I'd recommend the Death Star Version.

After getting home I compared the Figuarts Stormtrooper to the Hasbro one. While the troopers are shown to be different sizes, etc... in the movie. The difference in scale makes the two figures look different standing next to each other. I'm not sure they would mix.

Looking at the two versions of Movie Realization Vader there are LOTS of other differences. The Mask overall is different. I don't know what those bits are called that come down on the sides but the Imperial Vader has much longer one's and his mask has a look of a wide open mouth. The Death Star Vader mask overall more resembles Darth Vaders actual mask while the Imperial Vader has what is closer to a traditional Samurai mask.

If you want an unopen collectible some items of the black series seem to jump in price faster, but I personally like the figuarts versions and they do make hero figures now and then. The faces on the black series usually seem a bit off for the human characters.

Do you have any pics comparing the two storm troopers ? I'm considering picking up the SWTFA Hero's in the Black Series since Figuarts hasn't announced any of them.

Classic STs? There were a bunch of comparo-pics at TFW forum, but can't find them right now.

For the First Order STs, haven't seen any pic-comparos just yet.

fwiw, you should just switch over to Meisho Samurai SW figs, tho. Mucho better. :bump:

Edited by treatment

For the First Order STs, haven't seen any pic-comparos just yet.

fwiw, you should just switch over to Meisho Samurai SW figs, tho. Mucho better. :bump:

The FO ST's. Mommars got both so I figured I'd ask. I find it very strange that Bandai hasn't announced Kylos rival(Rey not Finn) yet. In Doctor Who terms Finns the tin dog. :p

And nope! Those aren't the Star Wars figures I'm looking for.

Here's Black Series on the left ans Figuarts on the right. Note while the heights are slmost identical the Figuarts is still sized a bit smaller, the white is more crisp and it doesn't look like he's holding his rifle away from his chest because the elvows can bend more than forty five dgrees.

post-12020-0-02910200-1451102316_thumb.jpg

Thanks. So if I get Black Series 6inch they should scale almost correctly with each other? Rey Poe and Finn hunting time begins....now! I've no faith Figuarts will release these TFA guys anytime soon as they've still got to release the OT and PT figures they've already announced.

Just received an email from N-Y indicating that the SH Figuarts Hulkbuster will be released on 01/25/16 vs. the initial release date of 01/31/16.

Suits me just fine since we had to pay for it extra early.

-b.

I love the bit at the end. "If your order isn't paid yet you will receive the deadline notification close to the release." F**k you NY.

Edited by Mommar

I love the bit at the end. "If your order isn't paid yet you will receive the deadline notification close to the release." F**k you NY.

Ha ha, right!

Would be annoyed by that little bit considering that they made us pay up extra early, but at this point I'm over it. 'Over it' to the point that I have not ordered any other Bandai exclusives beyond what I already had an order for.

Money talks. :ph34r:

-b.

Well, as far as I can tell it's only NY who is making us pay for the Bandai Exclusives up front. I'm still willing to buy them, just not from NY.

Sorry, should have clarified, I mean from N-Y not the actual Bandai exclusive items.

-b.

Picked up some BS 6inch figures to fill in the gaps for my figuarts collection. They just aren't on the same level. Sure the BS stuff looks good but the jointed articulation just isn't there. They're good to act as filler and great for the price and it's cheaper to army build with them. All in all for what they are BS are nice but I ain't keeping the packaging for these toys. Just need a Rey now and I've considered getting the Elite Series Rey but the aftermarket price is nuts.

As it stands Figuarts Kylo and his army are going to out articulate and beat the crap out of my BS Finna me Poe. Poes deserves it for stealing the Riot Troopers baton. I'm going to need to send in the Ultra Brothers to save their ass....maybe.

post-93-0-33570000-1451454484_thumb.jpeg

^ Personally, I think they both look horrible; if anything, to my eyes, the masked head looks worse... as in comically bad.

Yeah I was going to comment on the masked head too, compared to my AOU version, it looks super derpy and off as well. I mean, this could and probably is still an early prototype, but damn, the head on this thing looks awful no matter how you slice it. I think it's in the mouth and cheeks, he just looks terrible either way, not sure what happened here, just repaint and if you absolutely have to, slightly retool the AOU Cap, he was perfectly fine. This new Cap looks laughably bad, like something went very wrong, I'm baffled at the people saying they'll be upgrading to this version JUST for the head. Really? THAT head? To each their own I guess.