1/60 VF-1D "Virgin Road"

Priss!

I was looking at yamato's website now, and I found an interesting link to some "NEWS". then I found this picture of the 1/60's pilotes... and looking it carefully i saw the M&M wedding dress pilots xDDD

So this is really cool! a really good year for been a Macross fan..

PS : there is a third pilot i could not identiffy... i hope you could guys!

post-2094-1240932237_thumb.jpg

Edited by David Hingtgen

I had the credit card company flag me today on all my purchases from Japan! I think I need to stop for a while and maybe this will be the one I stop on.

Should be Gamlin alright... as for the other fully white pilot....can't tell... Can't remember anyone with a full white flight suit.

edit: I stand corrected. Should be pilot figure from 25th anniversary vf/yf 19 as pointed out by Omegad3k

Edited by BlueMax

Why are people all hyped up from pics of tiny pilots!?

I'm not convinced until I actually see sketches or pics much like the VT-1 and VE-1. Come on people, are you all that navie. I mean, all this stuff coming out at once seems illogical to me. Especaially, in this economy.

I'm not convinced until I actually see sketches or pics much like the VT-1 and VE-1. Come on people, are you all that navie. I mean, all this stuff coming out at once seems illogical to me. Especaially, in this economy.

wow, talk about a wet blanket <_<

i cant wait!

Why would Yamato tool up all new pilots of Milia and Max in wedding attire if they aren't going to use them? That's a waste of money. Considering that Yamato:

A-likes to sell repaints like any other company to recoup the costs of making the mold

B-The VF-1D has yet to be repainted and this is ample opportunity to make a canon repaint that actually appeared in the show

C-is releasing a ton of VF-1 variants in their 1/60 line that only had either a few appearances in DYRL? or the TV series, but appeared onscreen nonetheless

D-is keeping up with their output of having consistent VF-1 releases.

The guys who are excited are not naive at all. Yamato already started making obscure variants and fan favorites that made their appearance for the first time in this new 1/60 line. Virgin Road doesn't surprise me in the least. In this economy, repaints from any company are easy money. That's not illogical at all. It costs more to tool up all new molds than it does to just repaint an existing toy in different colors.

Oooh, you're soooo smart Ninja Boy! I could have told you that too. But I'm just not convinced until I see actual CADs, sketches, test shots, etc.

Hmm, CADs, sketches and test shots of a mold that already exists, try looking in the two seaters thread and you will see all that. What you want to see in order to gain confirmation is a painted prototype, sjo.

Edited by Knight26

I mean, all this stuff coming out at once seems illogical to me. Especaially, in this economy.

Yeah, looking at things logically. But look at how many Macross releases there have been from Yamato in the last few months, it's like they've gone nuts. They've already proven that they are willing and able to release a zillion toys at once. I'm just curious to see how long they can keep it up. :lol:

Yeah, looking at things logically. But look at how many Macross releases there have been from Yamato in the last few months, it's like they've gone nuts. They've already proven that they are willing and able to release a zillion toys at once. I'm just curious to see how long they can keep it up. :lol:

I'm curious to know has Yamato ever been on a roll like this in the past with releasing so many toys so quickly? :blink:

Oooh, you're soooo smart Ninja Boy! I could have told you that too. But I'm just not convinced until I see actual CADs, sketches, test shots, etc.
No you already said what you what have told me and you're not convinced.

Yeah, looking at things logically.
Repaints are easy money, that's the most logical thing about a Virgin Road release. Undoubtedly Yamato wanted to repaint the VF-1D eventually, and Virgin Road is a canon scheme and the only other VF-1D scheme shown in the series. I think it was only a matter of time.
They've already proven that they are willing and able to release a zillion toys at once. I'm just curious to see how long they can keep it up.
I think they are going to keep going until they have released every paint scheme shown in DYRL? and the TV series, then branch out into offscreen stuff, like lowviz. I think they will hold off on Angel birds for a while, because the 1/48 version is still readily available for cheap, and not exactly flying off of shelves.

I predict the midnight blue VF-1A from the ARMD-1 carriers to be one of the next unveiled releases.

Hmm, CADs, sketches and test shots of a mold that already exists, try looking in the two seaters thread and you will see all that. What you want to see in order to gain confirmation is a painted prototype, sjo.
No, not just the already existing molds. That's already understood. But I want to see the actual final production toy with the little figure in their wedding attire in the cockpits.