1/60 VF-1D "Virgin Road"

Priss!

That's just a mistake. You can see the animators swapped the VF-1A and VF-1D heads. They also traced the lineart a lot for those poorly animated episodes and the only Valkyrie with enough different views is the VF-1A. Even Roy's VF-1S turned into a VF-1A in those poorly animated episodes.

That going to stop a manufacturer from bringing out a "custom"?

Anime accurate is good, but having a wider selection is better. I've seen so many repeats of Max/ Miriya/ Roy/ Hikaru over the years in various scale that it's getting stale. Bring on customs! Skull-1Js, CF-1S, Minmay Guard-1A, Elint Angel Bird Seeker <-- ok, that's going to be a bit odd...

That going to stop a manufacturer from bringing out a "custom"?

Well obviously it didn't stop HG/Toynami from doing the VF-1R. Obviously Yamato isn't either of those companies but it could potentially stop them if they need the licensors to sign off on the products they release?

Well obviously it didn't stop HG/Toynami from doing the VF-1R. Obviously Yamato isn't either of those companies but it could potentially stop them if they need the licensors to sign off on the products they release?

Maybe. It also depends on the circumstances. Is it of benefit to both Yamato and the licensors to have some customs on the market? Imagine if they release a 1/60 Thunderhammer, or a Minmay Guard squadron. Would there be buyers? I would think so. Would it make Macross more visible to the general public? Possibly, or it can raise awareness. It all depends on the motivation and sales pitch.

Technically, they already have a precedence. The CF-1J is a narrowband Valk, appearing only for tiny portions of the show. This might or might not be an animation error -- nothing really to say it isn't a CF-1D right? At the moment just our assumptions and we can argue back and forth about it. So why not? The only real question is how many can be sold. Probably not -- a CF-1S would probably outsell a CF-1D.

I'm really not trying to dig against you. I'm just saying, there's really no reason not to create such "customs" other than whether people would buy them, and whether the licensors feel that such sales would benefit them. A CF box with 1A, 1J and 1S heads, maybe interchangable 1D head and front plate, might sell at the right price point. Anime-accurate is important for some reasons (getting the basic design right, or for a specific character), but after that, the sky's the limit.

That is what the blank 1S valk is for! A canvas for folks who are willing to customise their valks to whatever scheme they like!

But of course, this is going off tangent as far as this thread is concerned... non-canon valks discussion should go to the relevant thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sticker sheet is a fail! (Edit: Opps! Sorry I missed them. They are on the bottom right of the sheet) :angry: It's the exact same as the VF-1D so there are no pilot names for Max or Mira....... just Student Meat, Capt. Dagger and Lieut. K Wahammer. <_<

It's not a total loss though. I was able to find the decals I needed from the VF-1S and J (I think) :unsure: . One of those had the pilot decals I needed.

post-9075-1258048670_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Sticker sheet is a fail! :angry: It's the exact same as the VF-1D so there are no pilot names for Max or Mira....... just Student Meat, Capt. Dagger and Lieut. K Wahammer. <_<

It's not a total loss though. I was able to find the decals I needed from the VF-1S and J (I think) :unsure: . One of those had the pilot decals I needed.

bummer.

I was hoping it comes with custom decals like Hasegawa did, but oh well.... gotta look for after market decal sheet....

calcaskp5.jpg

Sticker sheet is a fail! :angry: It's the exact same as the VF-1D so there are no pilot names for Max or Mira....... just Student Meat, Capt. Dagger and Lieut. K Wahammer. <_<

Check the bottom right corner, decals 59 and 60 look good to me. :) They just didn't get stuck near the other pilot names.

Ah sh*T! Totally missed them! Oh well I retract the statement then. Still I wish they had included something like Vi-RS mentioned with the Has models.

I do want to get at least one VF-1D, but I'll get the trainer first. This'll look just like my Max 1J on the shelf (since they'll probably be displayed in fighter mode), so I'd rather have more unique valks.

I may go completist one day, but for now I'm just picking up the iconic TV designs.

Edited by Chronocidal

That is what the blank 1S valk is for! A canvas for folks who are willing to customise their valks to whatever scheme they like!

But of course, this is going off tangent as far as this thread is concerned... non-canon valks discussion should go to the relevant thread :)

the blank VF-1S could be painted as angle colors or trainer or stealth like in the battle cry game either way it will be awesome and yes I know battle cry is robotech but it's still a good color scheme

Just got mine yesterday (came SAL). Haven't had a chance to open it yet but the box art isn't too shabby :lol:

Cant wait to put some FPs on it!

mine came in the mail yesterday cant open till christmas

mine came in the mail yesterday cant open till christmas

<_<

That's really too bad.

I opened mine today. Is it just me or was the packaging on this release extremely tight? I tried to pull the tray apart and it took so much force everything just about flew out! M&M wedding figures are pretty well done considering the scale and Miria isn't too squished IMO. Anyone try to put the 1J M&M in the 1D yet?