1:48 Hasegawa YF-19

tetsujin

So over at Hobbyfanatics, KOG posted this...

This is the first I've heard of this - and at present I can't really verify the news either... I would have thought this is where any such news would appear first...

Anyway, it's exciting news, if it's true...

If this is true, I too would pay less than $40.00 for one these if Hasegawa made one.

It's just a mistake.

4,200 yen for a 1/48 Hasegawa kit sounds a little low to me. even more so considering it's a Macross kit.

if this is accurate, very nice. although I wouldn't want to go and order now.

Wow, totally unexpected ^_^ 4200 yen is a pretty good price for 1/48 YF-19 about 39cm long.

At 1/72, it was 2400 yen and 26cm long. So this is very affordable as fighter kit, compares to Bandai transformable type.

I forsee the variants or YF-21 & VF-11 in the future, if this do well in the hobby market. BTW, Hasegawa also going to make the "Minmay 2009 Special"

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088439

Edited by Major Tom

Is Hasegawa kit harder or easier to build compare to Bandai? Might get this one just for the size :D

Bandai and Hasegawa make very different types of kits, but both are quite easy to build, for what they are.

With Bandai kits, You can usually expect to simply snap the pre-colored parts together, and you've basicly built your own toy. Hasegawa kits, on the other hand, aren't snap-fit, so the parts need to be glued. They're usually molded in the color of the plane's base color, and decals are usually provided for most of the colored sections, like the tailfins. So you can build it the lazy way if you want to. But as always, it will look 100x better if you paint it B))

I picked up a copy of the 1/48 resin kit that was around several years ago, it's actually on my art desk now partially assembled. I am at the office but I would guess that th 1/48 is a little over a foot long. it is a pretty nice size, not tooooooo big, but definitely not a little thing :)

I picked up a copy of the 1/48 resin kit that was around several years ago, it's actually on my art desk now partially assembled. I am at the office but I would guess that th 1/48 is a little over a foot long. it is a pretty nice size, not tooooooo big, but definitely not a little thing :)

The Hobby Search listing says "full length 390mm"

That's 15.3 inches for all us non-metric heathens.

The Hobby Search listing says "full length 390mm"

That's 15.3 inches for all us non-metric heathens.

I suspect you've got the heathen thing backwards :) I was going to post both standard and metric but since I was guessing there wasn't any reason to be that specific. "A foot" is pretty universally understood right? I'd like to think that most Americans can tell you the rough equivalent of a Meter, at least in terms of a few of the generic measurements..

It will be interesting to see if this is just dipping a toe into the pool or if Hasgawa has plans to jump into the 1/48th scale market, they may be willing to tackle the VF-1 Two Seaters where Yamato did not, that would be kinda nice. I might consider ditching some of my Yammies if Hasegawa did some great model representations.

I suspect you've got the heathen thing backwards :)

Really? Are you saying the metric folks are the heathens?

In case it wasn't clear, I was talking about "Non-metric" heathens, not non-"metric heathens"... I love me some metric system, though trying to use it in the US gets awkward.

This thing's 25% longer than a foot. I felt like an extra 25% was worth being specific about. :)

Edited by tetsujin

In case it wasn't clear, I was talking about "Non-metric" heathens, not non-"metric heathens"... I love me some metric system, though trying to use it in the US gets awkward.

This thing's 25% longer than a foot. I felt like an extra 25% was worth being specific about. :)

I'm also fan of metric system. It's painful to find a drill bit size of '9/64 inch'... :blink: How the heck can you imagine actual size of the thing....? :ph34r:

Anyways, Someone please fix the order link at HLJ alreaday! It's still broken!!!

I completely misread your post, sorry :) I was taking a jab at myself on the "standard" units of measure.

Oh My God! :lol:

This is what i've been after, hopefully all of the VF's get done in this scale cause that's gonna be awesome!

Now i'm dreaming of a big VF-1D/VT-1, and can you imagine if hasegawa did a battroid in 1/48!?! goodbye yamato hello hasegawa! ^_^

I had a look for more info on the Hasegawa main site and they have nothing listed about the YF-19 but i did find a new SF3D kit coming, the 'stingray'

Good job Hasegawa if this proves to be true

I don't wanna get my hopes up, something tells me it might've been a typo...

But if we find out this is legit.. I'm gonna drop an epic brick.

See.. what's great about 1/48.. it's huge. Which means, there's probably plenty of room to pull off an epic custom perfect transformation. ^_^ Heck, you could strip down an old 1/48th yammie (provided you want to sacrifice one) and probably transplant the joints straight into it. Model+ratcheting joints= pure awesome.

Well, It Is true. Hasegawa did mention this 1/48 scale macross during one of the interviews earlier.

I just thought they gonna start with VF-1 since it has many variations. YF-19 would be awesome choice for first one though.

I think HLJ just listed without deep thoughts on Early Bird. Last time they did exactly same with first 1/72 VF-25 Alto. It went stright to regular sale without early bird i believe.

True indeed! I believe I've just found proof

http://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp/j/HAS09041417/

The text reads:

1/48 スケールが登場; 1/48 series introduction

マクロス シリーズ新展開!; Macross series new expansion!

完全新金型; Perfect new tooling (metal mold)

7月発売予定; July scheduled release

Wow, that was a good kanji workout for me!

Now, who wants to buy a 1/60 Yamato YF-19? B))

Edited by Valkyrie

Oh, fkdmn. I just bought one of the hideous Yamato Angel Birds VF-1 1/48s to convert. It's half price at HLJ. It's still half again what a Hase 1/48 VF-1 will cost. Bugger!

I'll console myself with the thought of maybe a 1/48 VF-0 coming up. Oh, please God!

Anyone wanna buy a virgin Hase Super Elint or D? :)

Well, It Is true. Hasegawa did mention this 1/48 scale macross during one of the interviews earlier.

I just thought they gonna start with VF-1 since it has many variations. YF-19 would be awesome choice for first one though.

I think HLJ just listed without deep thoughts on Early Bird. Last time they did exactly same with first 1/72 VF-25 Alto. It went stright to regular sale without early bird i believe.

It's back on "Early Bird" and they've got a Product Page now.

It's back on "Early Bird" and they've got a Product Page now.

Got it! - Pre-Order! - Done!

Wait! They also listed Armored Core Vangurad OverBoost! Gotta have that for White Glint as well! Pre-Order! - Done!

Now I gotta wait 3 months.........................

Got it! - Pre-Order! - Done!

Wait! They also listed Armored Core Vangurad OverBoost! Gotta have that for White Glint as well! Pre-Order! - Done!

Now I gotta wait 3 months.........................

Don't you want to know what the actual model looks like before pre-ordering. :lol:

Don't you want to know what the actual model looks like before pre-ordering. :lol:

I've built most of Hasegawa Macross fighter models, so I trust them to do a good job.

Also the reason I use HLJ over Hobby Search is ease of cancellation process. If I see the prototype images and find it really disappointing (even thou I doubt it), I can cancel it. :ph34r: However, I'm 99% sure it will be a fantastic model. I wish they release some photo-etching detail-up parts to go with it at the same time. B))