BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

I could care less about the production time so much as the budget - I don't want to hear shortages being the problem of the series.

379092[/snapback]

You should listen to the podcasts.....I think Moore has cited the budget once every other episode. Just last week, (as noted previously), they were planning on using the Cylon Heavy Raider for the jumping sequence but they didn't have money to build a set for it. He even responded to a question about the Marines equipment they use on his blog. Why do the Marines use the same equipment each time we see them? Because of the budget. They can't afford to rent or buy new equipment so they reuse stuff every time. Why not more shots of the Centurions? Can't afford it. They try to fit in more shots but I don't think they have the money for it. I'm sure there would be more shots of various ships...if they could afford it.

379098[/snapback]

It's sad that BSG is so limited on budget. Reminds me of how Babylon 5 had to fight for funding, one reason why I thought season 5 truly sucked was that they had to wait until the last minute for TNT to jump in. And of course TNT killed the show. You would think that NBC has learned the lesson about sci fi by now given the examples like star trek, the old BSG, and even watching through the struggles that B5 went thru. It's truly sad.

The new BSG had a good storyline, and definitely worthy of more attention, but I bet if the makers of the original mindless sitcoms had anything to say about it, BSG will eventually get moved over to NBC and get killed. Which is too bad. I almost hoped that BSG could've been funded like the stargate shows.

Well, I gotta say, I have no clue where they are going with this. Everything I had read had me thinking Cylon civil war, a la Macross. Well, looks like the are all on the same page to me. Now we have to wait 7 months to find out where this is all going. :(

Thank God The Sopranos is coming back this weekend. :)

Edited by Duke Togo

Well, I gotta say, I have no clue where they are going with this. Everything I had read had me thinking Cylon civil war, a la Macross. Well, looks like the are all on the same page to me. Now we have to wait 7 months to find out where this is all going. :(

Thank God The Sopranos is coming back this weekend. :)

379184[/snapback]

I can see why now they seemed to rush through storylines this season. Everything changes in the last half hour. Hope you guys on the westcoast enjoy it, I won't spoil anything. :p

I'm on the west coast and have already seen it. For some reason SciFi on Charter Cable shows it at 7pm and then again at 10pm (or 10:30pm in tonights case).

I'm with you guys, I have no idea where this series is going but it sure is one hell of a ride.

same with memnon, I get to see the show few hours before its actual air time......love dish network sometimes.

I liked the episode, very conclusive for season 2, short as hell in my opinion but still rather good.

Course, what happens to Baltar in my opinion was so predictable......so very VERY predictable.

AAAH-HA-HA-HAAAA! AHH-HA-HA-HAAAAAA!!! AAAAAAA-HAaaa!!!!

Those fools! What the frak were they thinking?!

Le Spoiler alert!

Well, I love how Gaius ends up being responsible for the defeat of mankind yet AGAIN! What a great way to remind us of his original treachery.

I find it odd though, that Adama would suddenly just acquiesce to the demands of President Baltar, considering he spent the majority of season 1 challenging Roslyn at every possible turn.

I really don't see how mankind is going to pull out of this one. The only possibility is that the rumored fraction of Cylons seeking peaceful co-existence end up supporting a human resistance of some sort.

I was actually moved by the scene that took place between Cally and Tyrol at the beginning. You gotta' love a girl that takes a beating from you and keeps on fraking you-HAAAA!!!! Ultimately, the best thing I loved about this particular episode is that someone finally got to pork that sweet little Cally-lol...

I could care less about the production time so much as the budget - I don't want to hear shortages being the problem of the series.

379092[/snapback]

You should listen to the podcasts.....I think Moore has cited the budget once every other episode. Just last week, (as noted previously), they were planning on using the Cylon Heavy Raider for the jumping sequence but they didn't have money to build a set for it. He even responded to a question about the Marines equipment they use on his blog. Why do the Marines use the same equipment each time we see them? Because of the budget. They can't afford to rent or buy new equipment so they reuse stuff every time. Why not more shots of the Centurions? Can't afford it. They try to fit in more shots but I don't think they have the money for it. I'm sure there would be more shots of various ships...if they could afford it.

379098[/snapback]

That's what I'm trying to say - give them the money so they shut up about it already.

OK I officially hate Roslin now - she even knowingly riggs the elections just to get Baltar out of the way, and he didn't even think she was that bad. He may be an idiot, but she's just a bitch, really.

Is it just me, or is one-year-later Dualla just hot! Just letting her hair down and a few more changes went a long way!

I think the guy I feel worse for is Tigh - yeah he's a scumbag for rigging the election too, but to get kicked off the Galactica the day they get overrun, damn, doesn't that suck! :(

I think they're trying the whole Caprica formula again (maybe that's why they called it "New Caprica"? ;) ). Season 3 will be about the main cast working under Cylon control while the Adamas fing some mystical-type force to help them get everyone off the planet and back on the path to Earth.

Rigging the election would have been in the best interests of the survivors. I so desperately wished that the conspirators had pulled that off. If Roslyn had won and had her way, they would still be on the run but at least be out from under Cylon tyranny. I look at this episode as another political statement/philosophy which states that mankind is incapable of governing itself or choosing in its own, best interests. Hail to the ultimate power of government over you! LOL. Now, after all they've been through, the survivors have finally become the pets of the Cylons. Losers!!! :p

Rigging the election would have been in the best interests of the survivors.  I so desperately wished that the conspirators had pulled that off.  If Roslyn had won and had her way, they would still be on the run but at least be out from under Cylon tyranny.  I look at this episode as another political statement/philosophy which states that mankind is incapable of governing itself or choosing in its own, best interests.  Hail to the ultimate power of government over you!  LOL.  Now, after all they've been through, the survivors have finally become the pets of the Cylons.  Losers!!! :p

379249[/snapback]

Just as Roslin told Gaius. So he's basically screwed humanity not once (the mini), not twice (the nuke), but three times!! :lol:

Stands with a Fist is retarded. If she knew Baltar was a traitor, she should have used it in the election. How could she not? I certainly can't see the old man turning the other cheek, especially after the nuke explosion.

I found it most preposterous that anyone would rather live in the shanty town rather than one of the Battlestars. Especially from the military crews.

Starbuckette looks nasty with long hair, too. Fighter Jock to trailor trash. :lol:

This nasty rag tag dregs of humanity almost deserves Cylon oppression...

Stands with a Fist-LOL...Well, anything she would have said during the latter part of the election would have been shrugged off by the planet-hungry people, seen as a desperation move by a losing presidency.

As for living in a ship or on terra-firma, I guess we'd have to ask anyone who's served in the Navy in a ship or a 'sub or something. Even Harlem might seem like paradise-who knows, I sure as heck don't know.

In regards to Starbuck, I think that she, Sanders and 'Kat should all get together and live as a happy threesome.

Finally, I agree with the possibility of the survivor's lives being better under Cylon rule. After all, they obviously couldn't make decisions in their best interest even in the face of a pending Cylon attack at any given moment before their settlement, so these people need some sort of guidance-what better than the way of the machine?

Interesting article about the prospects of S3. I didn't expect the occupation story arc would end that quickly....I was figuring most of the season! That's cool though. The Battlestars comming back to get the rest of the colonials might be the way the Pegasus geyts offed....if it does. Moore said that it would be around into season 3, but not indefinately. He probably hasn't decided yet.

Personally, I don't get what the hoopla is about. Just seems like another twist in the shows drama. I didn't think this was a radical idea....especially if this arc is resolved in around 4 episodes in season 3. But that's just me. Great Show though!!

Chris

“It’s also sort of, in a different way, part of the plan of moving Baltar to a darker place and making him into more of an antagonist,†says Moore.

Not that we’re ever going to see Baltar sitting up in that high chair, living among the Cylons, like in the original series… right?

“I wouldn’t be so quick to say that,†chuckles Moore. “I don’t know… That’s still a possibility.â€

Well, this is only what I have been begging for since season 1, LOL.

One of the things [we’ve discovered] in the latter half of this season is that there are different points of view even within the Cylon world.

You know, I still don't see how this doesn't end up with some sort of civil war. Whether it is Human & Cylon vs Cylon, or Human & Cylon vs Human & Cylon, it has seemeed to me that there is where they were taking it. I guess we shall see.

Stands with a Fist is retarded. If she knew Baltar was a traitor, she should have used it in the election. How could she not?

Like Adama said, she had no real proof of him being a traitor.

I'm betting there will be a lot more than 12 Cylon models in the future.

Why not mention something BEFORE the whole freaking election?! That's when she remembered and everything. Proof or not, it gives something to be mindfull of to Adama. Again, that's the running theme of the show, does humanity deserve to survive?

Let's get a running lists of the human-based Cyclons we know, I'm getting confused:

Reporter-woman

Smuggler-guy

Leoben

Number 6

Doctor-guy

Number 8 - Sharon

Preacher-guy

Am I forgeting anyone?

Like Adama said, she had no real proof of him being a traitor.

379295[/snapback]

They also had no real proof of Kobol or of the Tomb of Athena, as Stands with a Fist stated in that episode. Then poof, look what appears. Adama believed her when she told him about Baltar, IMO. If Baltar was not so high up the political chain and therefore in the public eye, I think Adama would have had him thrown out of the airlock and blamed his death as an accident. But then, we can't kill Baltar, he's going to rule the Cylons one day...

Reporter-woman

Smuggler-guy

Leoben

Number 6

Doctor-guy

Number 8 - Sharon

Preacher-guy

Reporter = D'Anna Biers

Galactica Press liason = Doral

Smuggler = Leoben

Baltar's lover = Six/Shelley/Gina

Doctor = Simon

Preacher = Cavil

Galactica pilot = Sharon

It was definitely a WTF? episode (in a good way). Like everyone here's been saying, it'll be interesting to see how they go from this.

It was still a bit of a trip to jump an entire year later. But let's face it: one TV season of watching them settling a colony would've probably been bland. Within a few minutes after the year-jump, you get a fairly basic understanding of what's happened to our characters. You don't get the details but you get the general gist of it.

I don't agree with the complaints about Adama and Roslin pulling away from rigging the election. Ever since the middle of Season 2, Adama's been thinking hard about the "It's not enough to survive" principles and his speech in the mini about the sins of humanity.

Looking at his recent actions (reuniting the fleet at Kobol, pulling back from assassinating Cain, just being willing to talk to Sharon), it makes sense that he wouldn't allow the election rigging or try to pull a coup.

Now this is my own little pet theory I'm throwing up here. But it'd be interesting to see if Moore's got the balls to throw in some real-world parallels at the start of Season 3: you got the Cylons occupying the human's home, the Cylons having the superior military might, and the Cylons trying to "encourage" (or impose) their will on humanity for the "betterment" of humanity.

Hopefully, they can take this idea and muddy up all the issues, making it so that neither the humans or the Cylons are completely in the right on this.

P.S.--Seven, I love your avatar!! German engineering in tha' HAWSSSS!!! :lol:

To tell you the truth, the one year leap isn't really such an incredible thing. What did you want to watch, a 10 episode arc of them unpacking and constructing a shantytown?

Mog - Holding it down on the engineering tip, yaaaa! :lol:

Edited by Seven

Hey, Adama and Roslin are just giving the people what they want. And guess what, they're all fraked. At least now till probably sometime next season.

Till October comes...

Edited by azrael

WOW! What a helluva season finale! Goes to show ya what a POS Baltar is. However, I didn't think Gaeta would still be sucking his ass. Personally, I like the Beast sticking around (Pegasus). It should add to one helluva fight when the new season begins in October. Till then... enjoy the summer!

My wait for the new season will not be that bad. I have the new seasons of Doctor Who to look forward to, and I have not seen any of it. It will be a great filler while I wait for October. And what a great birthday present. My b-day is in October.

The shows lack of budget is really starting to show. I guess at some point, no matter how creative you are with your money, sometimes you just need more of it to do things.

I was about to start donating to this forum to help out Shawn and Graham with costs. Instead, I'll just forward my efforts to BSG and it's poor crew...

I for one realy liked the finale and can't wait for next season. If they're setting this up as some kind of allegory to World War II France, it should be interesting. I want to see what roles the de-mob'ed military, including Gaeta, are gonna take in the resistance. Can't wait until they get the fleet back together. Dee sure looked good in her uniform, i wonder if she got a promotion to an officers rank (perhaps her and Helo are now XO's of the ships??). Should be awesome.

Speaking about the budget, now that a good chunk of the new season will be planetside, I suppose we'll be seeing a whole lot of Canadian forests again, huh? That's one thing that always seemed funny to me is how any planetside scenes always were in the forest or downtown. And since New Caprica is supposedly uninhabited, the only scenes we'll be seeing is shantytown or forests.

Personally, I like the Beast sticking around (Pegasus). It should add to one helluva fight when the new season begins in October.

379433[/snapback]

That would have been the saddest excuse of a scene ever...Pegasus would be pwned before I finish this sentence....It won't even be laughable. Considering the skeleton crews on each ship, the time it took for them to just be combat ready, and the useless effort it would have been for them to launch fighters....

Speaking about the budget, now that a good chunk of the new season will be planetside, I suppose we'll be seeing a whole lot of Canadian forests again, huh? That's one thing that always seemed funny to me is how any planetside scenes always were in the forest or downtown. And since New Caprica is supposedly uninhabited, the only scenes we'll be seeing is shantytown or forests.

Well, now we know where most of the budget for next year will go.... Location shots are even worst than set shots. They also cost more money. If Moore didn't complain about the budget enough this season, I can't wait till next season where I'll hear it in every podcast.