BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Perhaps it's something as simple as the Cylons' "bargaining strategy for peace" would allow the Colonials to return to Caprica before they settle on the new planet so that they can extract the people left behind (the resistance)?

Now there's a complex sentence.

Well, it certainly seems that those Cylons directly exposed to humans for extended periods of time and that have formed bonds with said humans have a different agenda than the others.

370908[/snapback]

I'm anxious to see what other Human-Cylon relationships will come up. The more cross relationships there are, the more complex the story will get as opposed to just one side fighting the other for survival.

I got it, Dualla as Minmay. She looked pretty good last episode. Hikaru of course is Apollo. :D

Dualla hasn't looked that good since Colonial Day, but I still say the cast needs some uber-cuteness in it; someone that you'd find in the O.C., Laguna Beach, or Buffy or something...

Well, it certainly seems that those Cylons directly exposed to humans for extended periods of time and that have formed bonds with said humans have a different agenda than the others.

370908[/snapback]

I'm anxious to see what other Human-Cylon relationships will come up. The more cross relationships there are, the more complex the story will get as opposed to just one side fighting the other for survival.

I got it, Dualla as Minmay. She looked pretty good last episode. Hikaru of course is Apollo. :D

Dualla hasn't looked that good since Colonial Day, but I still say the cast needs some uber-cuteness in it; someone that you'd find in the O.C., Laguna Beach, or Buffy or something...

370934[/snapback]

Have Elisha Cuthbert show up as the president's long lost daughter?

370938[/snapback]

i'm waiting for the femalel version of Boxy and her pet Muffet, Lee's adopted daughter and her loyal sidekick :):p

**POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR 2X19/20***

**SPOILERS**

http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/news/20...pandedto9.shtml

"BATTLESTAR GALACTICA NEWS

Season Two finale expanded to 90 minutes

WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2006

The second season finale of Battlestar Galactica will be the show's biggest episode yet, with The SCI FI Channel today announcing that it will air "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2" as a 90-minute special.

The episode will air Friday, March 10 from 10 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Eastern and Pacific time.

Beware of spoilers for the 2-part season finale below! Here's how the network describes the action:

"With the presidential campaigning in full swing, the election's outcome hinges upon a core debate -- whether or not to abandon the search for Earth when the Galactica crew discovers a habitable planet. When the election begins to swing in favor of Baltar (James Callis) -- a man whom Roslin is convinced is a Cylon collaborator -- the incumbent president must decide whether or not to take drastic measures for the greater good.

"Things become even further complicated when the Cylons, led by Caprica Six (Tricia Helfer) and Sharon (Grace Park), find the planet and offer humanity a stunning proposal of peace." "

-------------------

Edit**

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3170/2/

"“On Caprica, the reincarnated Number Six (Tricia Helfer) and Sharon (Grace Park) are hailed as Heroes of the Cylon for the key roles they played in the near-destruction of the human race. But these are tortured heroes. Number Six’s thoughts are haunted by Baltar (James Callis), just as she haunts his thoughts on Galactica. And Sharon has so fervently embraced her love for Tyrol (Aaron Douglas) and the fake human life the Cylons created for her undercover mission that the Cylon leadership – D’Anna (Lucy Lawless) and Doral (Matthew Bennett) – are thinking of ‘boxing’ her (putting her consciousness into cold storage). Meanwhile, the human resistance – under the leadership of Kara’s lover, Samuel Anders (Michael Trucco) – is preparing to strike a savage blow, however futile, against the Cylon occupation.

“On Galactica, the captive Sharon gives premature birth to Hera, the child she conceived with Helo (Tahmoh Penikett). As the infant fights for life, she becomes the focus of intrigue, as President Roslin (Mary McDonnell) and the Cylons hidden amongst the fleet fight to gain control of this newborn symbol of hope… or harbinger of human extinction.†"

--------------------------------

If BSG hits syndication later on, curious how they will handle a 90 minute episode. Well at least its a longer episode.

Well looks like the 'Anders Strikes Back' situation took a turn for the odd. If theres a habitable planet in the RTF's path and Starbuck runs into Anders based on photo spoilers earlier, it means either A) Anders is a Cylon and hes got a copy on this other habitable world or B) The Cylons rounded up human survivors, knew what path the RTF was traveling, then dumped all their prisoners/hostages on this other habitable world as a negotiating ploy/medical experiments. Or C) Starbuck, Helo and some Marines jump back to Caprica for Anders in another ship, avoiding a mass of Cylons who are holding the 12 Colonies, and the habitable world issue is a different matter.

Good job Sackoff, bringing back your 3 hour jock love interest not only killed the entire long running Zak Adama backstory but looks like its going to take a forced plot unfriendly explanation to get Anders back to you.

370630[/snapback]

You bring up an interesting point here in the last 2 paragraphs, it seem as though their either trying close some of the loose ends with Zak, really its more like they just want forget that it ever happened, which is probably for the best since there's kind of a consensus about plot points that dont go aywhere. Just aswell since it never really got developed fullly.

Going to have to wait and see this deal with Anders either I can see them/Starbuck asking ot go back to save the rebels from Cylon control or maybe the initial talks of Peace allow for a quick venture back to take the people there and maybe a few cylons unknown faces to htis new planet in the hopes that they can all start fresh together. Again just going to have ot wait and see this all happen.

The question was asked in the series, does the human race deserve to survive? NO, because they are all really stupid.

Ok, outside of the absurd premise of this weeks episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I still haven't decided whether I'm ready to depart into uncharted territory with season 3, or will I be stuck in my old BSG thinking?

Edited by Duke Togo

I seriously want to kick Apollo in the balls. THE GUY GETS EVERYTHING - the women(including others'), has gotten line promoted THREE TIMES, and now his own battlestar. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's the lead in an anime. :angry:

I hope the combat needy fans were satisfied in this episode, then again I wasn't, so...

I'm not entirely sure about a jump from CAG to Commander though; is that even possible? It must be then, although placing an inexperienced Commander in charge of a crew that certainly hates Lee for the sake of who he is and where he's from is a bad move that's certain to fail-Pegasus is a pirate ship, after all.

Nevertheless, let's hear it for mah boy Lee Adama!

3332396989492b9063de10749cb579b6.th.jpg

The "Beast" Hell ya!!! Great Episode!! Long live Commander Adama!!

I don't see what the big deal is over Lee becomming Cmdr of the Pegasus. I don't think there are any other Col. left in the fleet to promote.....at least useful ones ;) That would leave the Majors an the Capt.s Lee helped pull the pegasus out of a bad situation that Trammel put them in. I think Lee earned thier respect and was a logical choice for command. You gotta remember that the military is very short on senior ranks right now.

Chris

Lee is the logical choice for several reasons. One, we know from experience that you can't send Tigh over there because he'll just screw everything up. Two, you can't have that ship commanded by rotating guest commanders, so you have to have one of the established cast members do it.

Great episode. I think Lee as commander is a logical choice. I think that the Pegasus crew will respect him because it was under his watch that got them out of the proverbial frying pan. I've always thought Tigh would've been a logical choice to lead the Pegasus as well. He's shown that its the civilian matters or peace time scenarios are his weaknesses. Putting him in charge of a battleship (while Adama is still around looking over his shoulder) would remove those situations from him.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode - significantly more so than the last two. One of the things which interested me the most was that we finally did get to see that the Pegasus has stacked decks, and one of them is for inverted landings. Something which I am now very curious about is whether or not the Pegasus will still meet an untimely demise now that Lee is in command. I believe that it's going to end badly for it sooner or later, but now I have the hope that it's a little more "protected" with a major cast member at its helm.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode - significantly more so than the last two. One of the things which interested me the most was that we finally did get to see that the Pegasus has stacked decks, and one of them is for inverted landings. Something which I am now very curious about is whether or not the Pegasus will still meet an untimely demise now that Lee is in command. I believe that it's going to end badly for it sooner or later, but now I have the hope that it's a little more "protected" with a major cast member at its helm.

371446[/snapback]

I don't know that it will help the Pegasus with or without Lee. I just think that somehow we'll be back to a single ship protecting the rest of the refugees.

Also that was a well played move on Baltar's part. I'm tired of Roslyn's Presidential style. And ready for some more political manuevering. The Fleet going to start truning against her more and more the way she's going.

And now that Billy's out of the pic, how convenient (need a shoulder ot cry on D?) for Lee to rekindle the old flame.

Well, besides Moore saying he intends to go against the cliche and keep the Pegasus around (one of the reasons being that everyone expected them to get rid of it), I don't think promoting Lee to Commander and then having him go back to being CAG on the Galactica would work.

Remember, the third season is going to be the real departure from the original show. Its being set up by events unfolding before us now at the end of the second. Everything that you might be expecting to happen might not turn out the way you think (or so says Moore and company).

Edited by Duke Togo

I don't think many people other than TOS fanatics are expecting the show to emulate the old one in many ways.  In fact, after the mini, I was pretty sure this wasn't my father's Galactica.

371460[/snapback]

No no, you are right, but they still had echos of the original series in it. They were still working off a bit of the old show.

I honestly don't see why they made Apollo commander of the Pegasus and I'm certain that it's going to be an issue. Lee gets crap for being a daddy's boy as it is (or has by many a former pegasus commander). If Adama wants someone he can trust, just throw Tigh in there. At least on Pegasus he won't have to deal with with the element on Galactica he dislikes, namely Starbuck and her unpredictableness. The Beast seems much more rigid and therefore more his style. Or maybe they're just gonna kill off Lee, make Pegasus go 4 for 4.