BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

I definitely enjoyed this episode. What particularly did it for me is the notion that Raiders "learn" from their mistakes when they are reborn. I wish they had brought this up much earlier! I do find it interesting that the Pegasus has the ability to produce new Vipers. I wonder what else it's capable of? Against all odds, I sincerely hope that it doesn't meet an unfortunate demise...

It's funny, I'm really pulling for Starbuck to get back to her guy now. I know what it's like when you get "hung up" on someone you really care for, and it's all you can do to stay focused because you think about that person so much. (Tom Arnold: "Women. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em." :lol: )

Been dabbling around in spoilers. We're pretty much coming to the end of any resemblence to the original show.The end of this season should be... interesting. Third season stuff should be entirely new territory for the new show.

Too late, Moore already ripped off 1980.

Act of Contrition/You Can't Go Home Again was partially derived from the Return Of Starbuck episode from Galactica 1980.

Only in the minds of TOS lovers. The original writers of that episode (You Can't Go Home) were surprised at the reference having not seen that '80 episode.

Act of Contrition I would say had nothing in common with that Galactica 80 episode except showing her plummeting to the planet she would be stuck on.

We're pretty much coming to the end of any resemblence to the original show.The end of this season should be... interesting. Third season stuff should be entirely new territory for the new show.

366833[/snapback]

If I wanted the old show, I'd watch the old show. Besides, there was only one season to resemble anyways. :lol:

Non linear editing is just fine. 

366783[/snapback]

They've been hanging around Tarantino, or something...

Well Dirk, you used to be the hottest stick in showbiz. Now, you're just a.......

Hikuro, isn't there an encore presentation later this evening? I heard there's another one on Monday, also. Unless of course, your job sucks MAJOR ass and you'll miss that one too...

The way my satillite is set up is when a show starts here in pacific time, it shows up 3 hours early for me.....so like take for instance, a show starts at 10 PM, I get to watch it at 7, in which I think BSG starts at 10PM, so I watch it at 7. When the encore airs, its 10 PM or something. Either way I don't get home till 11-midnight and its going to be like that next week too....so I'll miss this weeks also, unless I somehow convince my folks to record it so I don't miss it.

Hell I'm even gonna miss the super bowel tomorrow, and that really sucks cause my old man makes ALOT of food.

Maybe with all those new resources from the asteroids, the fleet can start building Mk VIII Vipers with stealth abilities like the prototype Blackbird.

This episode kinda reminded me of Space Above and Beyond with a "Chig" ace pilot taking out the humans.

366824[/snapback]

Me too

Toaster von Richthofen

This backwards episode thing is like fastforwarding the tape of the show and Randomly stopping it and watching 10 secconds and then fastforwarding again. I wish they would stop it. save that sort of thing for the end of season flashback episode.

What happened to Starbucks Cylon Raider I cant remember.

Edited by big F

366930[/snapback]

Sharon stole it on Caprica......."Bitch stole my ride.", never found out what happened after that. But it was probably dead after Starbuck ripped its brain out in "Act of Contrition"

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Why are they making such a big deal about the loss of the Resurrection ship anyway? You can't tell me that was the only one of its kind...

Non linear editing is just fine. 

366783[/snapback]

They've been hanging around Tarantino, or something...

366874[/snapback]

When I watched the first non-linear episode, I immediately thought the staff were fans of LOST.
So was the reincarnated Scar the raider that Starbuck gutted to get off the planet?  It seemed to allude to the fact that it was...

366948[/snapback]

<Sings like The Might Mighty Bosstones>

That's the impression that I get.

<End singing>

:D

ok so i just started Netflixing this serise. i got :

Battlestar Galactica: Season 1: Disc 2 (Disc 1 of Season 1 Content).

Problem is it's not the first episode ???

what am i supposed to get to start this show from the begining?

(PLEASE forgive me for not searching through this thread, i'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum for myself.)

Anyway, anyone knows what the name of the disc the first episodes are on please let me know because i don't know what to search for.

for refrence the episodes i have are "33" "water" "bastille day" and "act of contrition"

thanks again

ok so i just started Netflixing this serise.  i got :

(PLEASE forgive me for not searching through this thread, i'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum for myself.)

Anyway, anyone knows what the name of the disc the first episodes are on please let me know because i don't know what to search for.

for refrence the episodes i have are "33" "water"  "bastille day" and "act of contrition"

thanks again

367015[/snapback]

DONT WATCH THAT FIRST EPISODE YET!!!

did you already?

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?moviei...id=10147850_3_0

rent that quick!

Did anyone else notice Starbuck's scar on her abdomen? I had completely forgotten about that. Wonder what it's eventual significance - if any - will be?

367006[/snapback]

**SPOILERS**

This will come up big time at the end of this season. Starbuck's missing ovaries are the major plot point for season 3.

Interesting theory DeathHammer, but the child ccnnot be entirely human, as was shown in the episode where its blood saved roslin. Also Sharron showed early signs of pregnancy prior to Starbucks return. If you knew your anatomy you would know that most women do not start showing until at least the third month and in some cases the fourth. I am sure though that Starbucks Ovaries will have some impact on the rest of the plot. Thing is did they ever say that the Ovaries themselve were removed? YOu would think that after rejoining the fleet and being debriefed that Dr Cotal would have performed an examination on Starbuck to say whether or not they were still there.

ok so i just started Netflixing this serise.  i got :

for refrence the episodes i have are "33" "water"  "bastille day" and "act of contrition"

thanks again

367015[/snapback]

Technically you have the 1st episodes of season one. As mentioned, there was a mini series that started it all off.

It would go:

Mini series

Water

Bastille Day

Act of Contrition...etc etc.

So was the reincarnated Scar the raider that Starbuck gutted to get off the planet?  It seemed to allude to the fact that it was...

366948[/snapback]

Hmm...I missed any allusions to that notion, as I was being distracted by Kat's supremacy at being annoying. What indications were there that lead us to believe Scar is the same fighter?

The "Previously On.." clip at the start of the show had a short segment from the You Cant Go Home Again episode where Starbuck initially finds the downed Raider.

Its unclear if the point of that clip is to imply that Scar is the same Raider reincarnated or the show wanted to point out that the Raiders bleed/are not purely mechanical ( i.e. to reinforce Boomers later point about the Raiders being sentient. ) From what I remember, I don't think the podcast clarifies that point as well.

367254[/snapback]

Hmm, ok. I think I'll go with the latter part of your post then, as I still don't see any direct indication this is the exact same fighter...

366930[/snapback]

Sharon stole it on Caprica......."Bitch stole my ride.", never found out what happened after that. But it was probably dead after Starbuck ripped its brain out in "Act of Contrition"

Chris

366941[/snapback]

She never said that. She said "Bitch took my ride."

Everyone changes it...it's just like "Hello Clarice", "Play it again Sam", and "Luke, I am your father". :lol:

The "Previously On.." clip at the start of the show had a short segment from the You Cant Go Home Again episode where Starbuck initially finds the downed Raider.

Its unclear if the point of that clip is to imply that Scar is the same Raider reincarnated or the show wanted to point out that the Raiders bleed/are not purely mechanical ( i.e. to reinforce Boomers later point about the Raiders being sentient. ) From what I remember, I don't think the podcast clarifies that point as well.

367254[/snapback]

Hmm, ok. I think I'll go with the latter part of your post then, as I still don't see any direct indication this is the exact same fighter...

367343[/snapback]

I believe that Starbuck's raider was indeed leaking green goo from a wound on it's "face" in the same vicinity of Scar's scar. You could see it in the hangar when the Chief is looking it over and the first Boomer comes up and sticks her fingers in it.

Also, if the cylons stole Starbuck's ovaries then they'ed better get her on some estrogen injections pronto before she starts growing a 'stache.

I believe that Starbuck's raider was indeed leaking green goo from a wound on it's "face" in the same vicinity of Scar's scar. You could see it in the hangar when the Chief is looking it over and the first Boomer comes up and sticks her fingers in it.

I didn't think about that. What made me think it could've been was Boomer mentioning Scar's hatred of Starbuck. And in all his other kills, he comes out of hiding long enough for the kill shot and then vanishes. Seemed he was so intent on killing Starbuck that he threw caution to the wind and faced her head on and then let her lead him into a trap. Could just be the usual Cylon hatred or disdain for humanity, or just that Cylons are smart enough to take out the ace fighters, but it almost seemed personal. Maybe I am reading too much into it though.

>exo< and Gaijin:

I'm typing this with my eyes coverd so as not to spoil the suprises, so sorry if somethings misspelled.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i think i'm going to enjoy this serise.

I would conclude that the leaking wounds on the Cylon fighters are merely a coincidence; if a Cylon is destroyed aren't they reborn into a new body? Supposively, Scar has been shot down many times and it wouldn't make sense for this fighter to reappear with the same battle scarred body...

I would conclude that the leaking wounds on the Cylon fighters are merely a coincidence; if a Cylon is destroyed aren't they reborn into a new body?  Supposively, Scar has been shot down many times and it wouldn't make sense for this fighter to reappear with the same battle scarred body...

367456[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't see that being the connection. I didn't even remember a similar wound, it was the other things I mentioned that made me think Scar was Starbuck's Raider. Now that I think about it though, the Cylon Raiders may just hate her because she killed another member of their "pack" in a pretty nasty way.

I also believe that Starbuck should be credited with Scar's final kill; I doubt that Kat would have been victorious if it had not been for Starbuck allowing Scar to give chase to her, placing Kat in the perfect kill-spot...