BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

One thing to consider about Kat is almost all her Viper time was in combat conditions. Given Galacticas shortage of pilots, particularly after Hand Of God, shes probably always up in the air as well. That has got to accelerate her learning curve alot. If there hasn't been a war in 40 years and no internal conflict between humans like Macross had, then I'd guess no one outside of the nearly retired like Tigh and Adama have seen actual combat. I guess its gotten to the point where the unskilled and the unlucky have been weeded out already, no matter how much formal training they have. Kat was probably fortunate enough to be lucky in the early stages when she probably wasn't very good.

I thought Apollo shooting Bill Duke was interesting, but like the previous two episodes, it feels like they are jam packing the episodes with material that could probably play out over half a season. And I think the show misses the Helo/Boomer on Caprica angle. There really isn't much for Boomer to do anymore than cry in her cell while Helo is holding the big black plastic phone.

I think its becoming more clear that the writers really don't know where to take the Lee Adama character. At first it just seemed he was idealistic and a little naive around Bastille Day, now hes just a headcase. Maybe Moore thinks a complete about face from the TOS characters will give them their own identities. Works with Starbuck to a degree. But taking the TOS Apollo , who was almost too carbon copy perfect to believe, to this doubting metrosexual Lee Adama is kind of a stretch. I guess making Lee the whipping boy for most of Season 1 is going to make it hard to see him as anything else. I think Hand Of God was a good episode, not just because of the combat, but because Apollo was redeemed as a character. Then they have him turn his gun on Tigh and turn on his father and its been downhill ever since.

Again its humorous to see how Roslin develops. Shes a classic manipulator who will use anyone to get ahead. Theres nothing really redeeming or positive about her character anymore. The reveal that shows she was banging Adar only makes her less likeable. What I don't get is how Roslin is portrayed as such a lackluster human being but the show keeps pushing her as some kind of hero. The Blackbird should have been named 'Bill' not 'Laura' and how Adama ever forgave her is beyond comprehension. Its interesting the show never makes an open issue of feminism but Moore shortchanges all the male characters like Apollo, which IMHO makes the show weaker. At least Baltar is openly a selfish jerk, Roslin tries to hide her agenda behind her 'I'm just a schoolteacher' schtick. The magic blood cure was a cop out. Roslin should have died. Not because shes an unsympathetic character because it would have the honest way to handle the character without hitting the Big Red Magic Reset Button.

Shows still good, the last few episodes kind of buckled though IMO.

I had a bunch of feelings about this episode that got lost during the site downtime. At this time, I'm pretty much just feeling that I liked it cause it did something that was severely lacking, and that was seeing what was going on in the fleet itself. We need more of this.

It happens all the time...you always find some new rookie that has some crazy skills whether it be shooting, martial arts, sports, or pilots.  She was a pilot before the Viper training so it's not totally that far fetched.

364894[/snapback]

Kinda like a certain VF1-D Minmay loving future Skull leader we all know.

Seeing that Lee Adama has a life out side of his flight suit was great we need to see more of this type of episode. I agree they sometimes seem to be trying to cramm to much into every epispode.

OMG there are more than 3 ships in the fleet.

Well to all you Roslin haters just remember she can still die (hopefully) once her agenda has been revealed. She seems to have a big picture plan up her sleave and knows much more than her school teacher apperance lets on.

Maybe the nanos will get her or she will be turned into a Cylon........

It happens all the time...you always find some new rookie that has some crazy skills whether it be shooting, martial arts, sports, or pilots.  She was a pilot before the Viper training so it's not totally that far fetched.

364894[/snapback]

Seeing that Lee Adama has a life out side of his flight suit was great we need to see more of this type of episode. I agree they sometimes seem to be trying to cramm to much into every epispode.

Well to all you Roslin haters just remember she can still die (hopefully) once her agenda has been revealed. She seems to have a big picture plan up her sleave and knows much more than her school teacher apperance lets on.

365236[/snapback]

i'm glad to see Lee doing more but he's no Apollo.

and i think Baltar's anouncement that he wants

power will be Roslyns undoing, which i'm ready to see.

364894[/snapback]

365236[/snapback]

and i think Baltar's anouncement that he wants

power will be Roslyns undoing, which i'm ready to see.

365332[/snapback]

Oh she's going to die, I'm still holding out for a cheap shot that make me LMAO instead of go Oh Noes!

Baltar's too jacked up in the head to be a figurehead. He wants Roslyn to be a screen for him, so he can act with minimun blame and have few people question him.

365236[/snapback]

365236[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, that's what's so GREAT about Jamie Bambier's character...

Edited by myk

After the premiere episode, I seriously thought that he and Boomer would hook up for a little 'statutory action...

After the premiere episode, I seriously thought that he and Boomer would hook up for a little 'statutory action...

365438[/snapback]

That could have been another plan by the Cylons.

First seduce unstable genius and get secret security codes.

Second have love triangle with pilot and chief engineer and get pregnant.

Third go "Mary Kay Laterno" with refugee boy. :blink:

I like how the Prometheus looks a bit like Armor 1 . Ok its a stretch, but we all see what we wanna see, lol.

post-366-1138817781_thumb.jpg

Will Boxxie ever show up again?

365434[/snapback]

Yeah anyway, I figure they'll work Boxy back into the story in a way that pokes fun at the original BSG. As it stands though, there really isn't much room for an orphaned kid with everything that's going on; the Admiral's son is dating hookers, for christ's sake!!!

I dug it. Nice to see some Viper combat. I do have a problem (of course). The whole cliched act Kat put on for the episode. Is that the best the writers could come up with?

Good to see another fleet episode coming up next week.

Well, at some point they're going to have a "focal" episode on the majority of the characters, this evening's belonged to Starbuck. I enjoy these focal episodes as they're finally showing greater depth into the characters, giving us something more to think about other than just being "the Admiral's son, the hotshot pilot, etc." Kat's character was cliched, and ultimately proved more annoying than I originally decided.

I'm just glad that the MK7 is getting more screen time-they need to retire the MK2 along with Dirk Benedict...

Well Dirk, you used to be the hottest stick in showbiz. Now, you're just a.......

Hikuro, isn't there an encore presentation later this evening? I heard there's another one on Monday, also. Unless of course, your job sucks MAJOR ass and you'll miss that one too...

Edited by myk

Dirk has been burning that bridge with some of his comments.

366640[/snapback]

Its my understanding that that's long past. He's actually done a sit down and had been a part of an interview with Katee Sackhoff (new Starbuck). You can find pictures of the two of them smoking cigars together online. Also, I am fairly certain that it was made public that at one point they had Dirk slated to play the Cylon God, but instead went with the baby angle on Kobol.

Dirk has been burning that bridge with some of his comments.

366640[/snapback]

Its my understanding that that's long past. He's actually done a sit down and had been a part of an interview with Katee Sackhoff (new Starbuck). You can find pictures of the two of them smoking cigars together online. Also, I am fairly certain that it was made public that at one point they had Dirk slated to play the Cylon God, but instead went with the baby angle on Kobol.

366647[/snapback]

If it was the "Starbucks at Starbuck's" thing back a couple years ago, Sackhoff mentioned in a recent interview that Benedict was nice on camera but off he kept bad mouthing them and the new show. Unless they got together again to smoke cigars, that was the only time I had heard of them together for the promo.

Edited by Gaijin

Dirk. There's nothing more pathetic than a bitter has-been-that-never-really-was...

I enjoyed the aborted love scene with Apollo and Starbuck, the entire situation was played out very well. I only hope the producers don't dangle this potential hook-up like the Mulder and Scully thing.

I get the feeling that this Kat character is an attempt at a "street" type of character, trademarked by her mannerisms and choice of words, for example: "Starbuck, where you at?" Lol...how frakking annoying-I hope she winds up in one of those Cylon forced-reproduction machines...

Edited by myk

Yup, last night just reinforced my dislike of Kat. My wife was even like "why is she SO annoying!" It did give...some....insite into her and why she is a complete *$&@, but I don't know why they are out starbucking starbuck? That's the point of the character, I thought, to be the hot as poo, rebel type, pilot. Now, the took that away.

Loved how the MK VII was front in center in this episode, agree with you MYK that it's about time. I do wonder if the MK II's are slowly being phased out by attrition and MK VII's are the ones that are being produced.

spoiler about last nights episode:

KAT doesn't deserve that cup, Starbuck gave it to her.

Chris

The episode was okay....But the one thing that's starting to annoy me is the "running the episode in reverse" storytelling. That's 2 weeks in a row now. It's fine if they run it for Apollo-only episodes, but really, it's starting to get repetative now. Can't we just to a linear storytelling episode. <_<

Non linear editing is just fine. I thougt that the show might play better if they didn't tell you exactly when the flashback are happening. They should have let us figure out the proper timeline on our own.

It's kind of like the narration on Blade Runner. It's put in there for those who don't care to pay close attention to what they are watching.