BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

But Caprica Boomer seemed to have Galactica Boomer's memories of the chief, Tirol, and Adama.....or at least some of them.

374570[/snapback]

Yes Caprica Boomer had some of the galactica Boomers memories, but only the ones she had before Callie killed her. Remeber she was the one that grew up believing she was human and member of the galactica's family If they continued to share memories after her death, then she surely would have known about Galactica Boomers pregnancy(Which would be a gigantic deal to the Cylons), and the humans search for Earth. When Caprica 6 meets Caprica Boomer in Boomers Apt, Boomer never mentioned falling in love with Helo. Boomers big hangup is her guilt in betraying the crew of the galactica (Shooting Adama).

I was thinking about how Baltar survived the nuclear blast.  He simply wasn't there.  The Baltar in the blast was probably the Baltar that exist in Caprica 6's mind.  The real Baltar probably  knew of the impending attack and made his escape from the city.  The 6 in Baltars mind probably told him of the attack so he hightailed it from the city.

Then, who was on Boomer's Raptor when Helo gave up his seat in the series premiere?

I was thinking about how Baltar survived the nuclear blast.  He simply wasn't there.  The Baltar in the blast was probably the Baltar that exist in Caprica 6's mind.  The real Baltar probably  knew of the impending attack and made his escape from the city.   The 6 in Baltars mind probably told him of the attack so he hightailed it from the city.

Then, who was on Boomer's Raptor when Helo gave up his seat in the series premiere?

374609[/snapback]

See, it's just this sort of garbage that has convinced me that Moore & Co. really have had no idea about what they're doing and how they're going to do it, right from the start. These last few episodes, while individually entertaining, have been so disjointed and unrelated that it's hard to follow who's doing what and where and why and how.

I'm starting to see BSG go the way of X-Files and Lost, where everything is so convoluted and bent backwards on itself that nothing makes sense any more.

In the Downloaded Pod cast, Ron Moore said each version of the same model is different because they are shaped by thier personal expeiences but that they will share certain personlity traits that will be common in each model. Makes sense, but I agree with trueblue, Helo's boomer had memories of the chief.....she shouldn't, chiefs Boomer was the one that left Helo on Caprica and returned to the fleet and later shot Adama. So maybe they can give some memories to multiple versions.

What I don't buy is the imaginary baltar and Six being only imaginary. I told my wife that, because Ron Moore said they were in the same podcast, and my wife said that that doesn't make sense because how would Baltar have known about the Baby comming before Boomer ever returned to the fleet. Plus we now know that the Six he new, Caprica Six, shouldn't know about the Baby either, hell, she didn't even know Baltar was alive. All the other stuff he knew "could" be rationalized away but that CAN NOT!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I was thinking about how Baltar survived the nuclear blast.  He simply wasn't there.  The Baltar in the blast was probably the Baltar that exist in Caprica 6's mind.  The real Baltar probably  knew of the impending attack and made his escape from the city.   The 6 in Baltars mind probably told him of the attack so he hightailed it from the city.

374609[/snapback]

See, it's just this sort of garbage that has convinced me that Moore & Co. really have had no idea about what they're doing and how they're going to do it, right from the start. These last few episodes, while individually entertaining, have been so disjointed and unrelated that it's hard to follow who's doing what and where and why and how.

I'm starting to see BSG go the way of X-Files and Lost, where everything is so convoluted and bent backwards on itself that nothing makes sense any more.

374699[/snapback]

I'm starting to agree with you Cory, I still love this show, but (at the risk of becoming too fan boyish :huh: ) these are starting to become BIG plot wholes, unless there are more suprises in store :) .

Chris

374609[/snapback]

That was probably the real Baltar. I assumed that the site where the Raptor picked up the survivors was far enough outside the city to surivive the impending attack.

You could even assume that the Apt that is shown blowing up with 6 and Baltar in it simply existed in both their minds. The Apt was physically destroyed in the attack, but we do know that it also exist in Baltars mind as a refuge for him to retreat to when things in the real world get too difficult to deal with. So the war was brought to this subconscious haven of theirs and seemingly destroyed it. But it wasn't destroyed since Baltar and now Caprica 6 just reimagined it (Its just a figment of their imaginations).

The only problem with that, is when Six woke up in the tank Baltar had to tell her that he wasn't really there and that nobody else could see him. If she was already seeing him before then he wouldn't have to explain himself to her then. He was also warning her during the episode to be careful when she started talking to him too much in others presence.

Chris

I think we are meant to assume that Baltar and Caprica Six were in Baltar's home at the time of the attack. Baltar flinches in pain at the flash of a bomb going off in the distance, and Six shields him from the shockwave that apparently kills her (she is between his crouching body and the glass windows). The next time we see Baltar is on the field of refugees, and already at that moment he starts having visions of Six (he sees her in the crowd)

Although I'm certain that is the intent, I find is ludicrous for someone to survive that much flying debris by hiding behind a skinny woman. However, this is fiction, after all.

Edited by mechaninac

I think we are meant to assume that Baltar and Caprica Six were in Baltar's home at the time of the attack.  Baltar flinches in pain at the flash of a bomb going off in the distance, and Six shields him from the shockwave that apparently kills her (she is between his crouching body and the glass windows).  The next time we see Baltar is on the field of refugees, and already at that moment he starts having visions of Six (he sees her in the crowd)

Although I'm certain that is the intent, I find is ludicrous for someone to survive that much flying debris by hiding behind a skinny woman.  However, this is fiction, after all.

374752[/snapback]

I agree that its ludicrous that someone could surivive such an attack, so thats why I went with the assumption that it was the subconscious Baltar seen in the exploding Apt. You'd think that he'd atleast have open wounds and cuts from all the debris and shrapnel from the blast.

You'd think that he'd atleast have open wounds and cuts from all the debris and shrapnel from the blast.

374773[/snapback]

He did have a few cuts and scrapes If I remember.

But yes in the real world Baltar and Six would have been sliced and diced. I ve seen the mess a glass window can do to you. Im my experience it was a low speed impact which threw the shattered glass over everyone in front of it. There were a lot of small cuts and fragment wounds. Compare that to a high presure sonic blast then they should have recived fatal wounds

Edited by big F

Ugh. There are too many plot holes and possibilities as a result-what a headache. I'm off to read my She-Ra hentai comic...

Well, one thing we do now know for certain... the Pegasus will be around through season 3, and most likely beyond. From the sound of it, I doubt we'll ever see Lee behind the stick of a Viper ever again.

Well, one thing we do now know for certain... the Pegasus will be around through season 3, and most likely beyond. From the sound of it, I doubt we'll ever see Lee behind the stick of a Viper ever again.

375338[/snapback]

We don't know that for certain at all. I think the Pegasus is going to get blown up by terrorists.

375338[/snapback]

We don't know that for certain at all. I think the Pegasus is going to get blown up by terrorists.

375356[/snapback]

Nope. Moore stated in the podcast for episode 17 that the Pegasus would be sticking around through season 3 and beyond, with Lee at the helm. He is of the mind that there is no reason to keep characters in the roles we expect them to be in forever, and, as stated before, the end of season 2 and the coming season 3 is where the new BSG will truly seperate itself from the old show.

It is not written in stone though that Lee will never see stick time again, lets face it he is a great pilot. However, after some of the injuries he has sustained of late he may be on limited flying duty no matter what.

It is not written in stone though that Lee will never see stick time again, lets face it he is a great pilot.  However, after some of the injuries he has sustained of late he may be on limited flying duty no matter what.

375365[/snapback]

He's the Commander of a Battlestar... I could be wrong, but they don't go flying out into combat.

But you're right, they could do pretty much whatever they wanted to with the characters, who knows how long the series runs, but... Moore seemed pretty adamant about shaking up our expectations, not keeping the story or the characters in the roles you expect them to be in.

Very interesting!!! As for Lee and the Pegasus. Duke is partially coorect. RDM stated that Lee would be commander of Pegasus for the rest of this season and into next season, nothing about all the way through though. That may just be because they haven't written the rest of the season yet too. I personally DO hope that it stays around indeffinately and am glad that Jamie is getting better oppurtunites with the character and RDM is finally giving him some props.

Chris

Found another pic of Cally. Looks like she is about to get the crap kicked out of her in this episode. What the hell did she do to Tyrol. Could be that whole "blowing Sharon away thing"...

Here's a link to more images. I like the one of Six and Zarek. http://pics.livejournal.com/ravenclawdrew/...Burdens+Part+1/

0cally.gif

Found another pic of Cally. Looks like she is about to get the crap kicked out of her in this episode. What the hell did she do to Tyrol. Could be that whole "blowing Sharon away thing"...

So that's Tyrol getting ready to "lay the smack down" on sweet little Cally? Or is it someone else trying to finish her rape from season 1...

Edited by myk

WTF?  Spoiler freakin warnings anyone???  :angry:

375558[/snapback]

The warnings are all over the place - besides, I've seen all of them and not once have they really "given away" anything drastic. Settle down.

Pegasus not being destroyed = YAY!!! This makes me extremely happy, for some reason.

Cally being brutalized = BOO!!! I hope she is OK... I really don't want her to wind up dead.

I am looking very much forward to the finale! Thanks for the plot summary! (I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like to know what's going to happen.)

I realized a few days ago that as this season of Galactica ends next week, the new season of The Sopranos starts. The only two shows on TV that I never miss, for anything. All that, and spring training games to watch, starting today. :D

ugh I'm just gonna have to start downloading the episodes, theres no chance in hell I'm ever gonna be watching it on TV unless I get a day off on Tuesday........cccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppp

Like people said, how the show is going in a radically new direction next year, maybe the battlestars will split up. Galactica continuing it's journey to find Earth and Pegasus staying trying to help those that either stayed or were left behind on the new planet, this way the can still have the plit storlines like they had in season 1.

Also, if Baltar becomes pres. and suggests to his people to make "peace" with the cylons and settle the planet, and then they are betrayed by them, that might set Baltar up really well to become the overlord, if you will, of the humans. Working for the Cylons and getting to rule the humans as "payment".

Chirs

Edited by Dobber

And thrown into that, 2 Cylons who have come to love the humans. Cylon civil war! Its Macross all over again!

375680[/snapback]

O.K So when does the Galactica transform into a giant robot ?? :p

I don't know how I feel about this episode. It probably would look better shown with Part 2, as I don't think it stands well on its own.

The whole Chief Tyrol with the Cylon Priest, well... that was more of that "where the hell did that come from" kinda stuff that we saw with Apollo floating in the water. It really didn't work for me.

I have high hopes for next week, it looks as if we may finally have a plot line or two cleaned up.

The whole Chief Tyrol with the Cylon Priest, well... that was more of that "where the hell did that come from" kinda stuff that we saw with Apollo floating in the water. It really didn't work for me.

376440[/snapback]

It was funny as hell though right? :lol: I always liked that actor, he knows how to handle humor well. Wasn't someone spoiling about him being the Cylon religious head? That's why I don't worry about them here - because they always seem to be off the mark. ;)

But from the preview, it seems like Baltar's the new prez, huh? Didn't think they'd set him up that high just yet, which is good, they're not dragging their feet as much now.