BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

I've never seen the Flat Top in an episode, but its on the website. Maybe its in some deep background shots that go by real quickly.

363930[/snapback]

The Flat top has been shown in a couple of episodes I cant remember which but Im sure it was season 1 and possibly the Miniseries

Heres another oddity from the Production Art section. Not sure if these are the weapons batteries above the flight tubes or something else altogether.

363930[/snapback]

AS for the weapon batteries they look kinda like the TOS Galacticas Turbo laser turrets.

Edited by big F

Larger shot of the Flat Top here.

http://www.galacticastation.com/Galactica%.../hephaestus.htm

Can't tell if those two turrets on the deck are weapons or something else. Would seem reasonable for non passenger vessels to have some kind of defense. If those are guns, curious if there was piracy or a consistent threat of piracy in known shipping lanes. ( Be interesting to see Galactica run into some pirates)

Huh?! 

Expanded what?!

363963[/snapback]

Still no idea what the '3-inch 2004 Scout ship vehicle' on that list is. It's not the Raptor as that is already listed.

Anyway, I'm hoping that list is wrong, as there is no Viper MKII listed. The MKVII is listed, but I want a MKII more. Heck, it's the main fighter of the show. How can you make a toy line without the main fighter. Grrrrrrr! :angry:

Graham

Maybe they figure we've already got the Joyride Studios edition Viper MkII, so fans don't need another version?

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD FOR EP 16/18-20 ***

(Actor chosen for new Cyclon)

http://scifipulse.net/battlestarnews/Stock...alaneyOnBG.html

Dana Delaney & Dean Stockwell To Guest On Galactica

Source TGL

30 December 2005

By Ian M. Cullen

The Great link has reported that Dean Stockwell and Dana Delaney will make somewhat prominent guest starring roles in the final two episodes of the 2 nd season of Ron Moore’s re-imagining of the Classic 70’s series Battlestar Galactica.

TGL quoted from two reports, which originated at The Hollywood North Report and the Subject2Discussion Internet talk show.

Dean Stockwell who is much loved by Genre fans for his role as Al in the Classic TV show Quantum Leap will be portraying one of the new Cylon roles in the series. Stockwell will play Brother Cavel in the two-part season finale of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, titled ‘Lay down your Burdens’. Brother Cavel is believed to be part of the Cylon religious order.

Apparently Boomer Cylon and Number Six will play a key role in the episode as the two Cylon representatives who petition the colonial fleet for peace.

Dana Delaney best know for (CHINA BEACH) will guest star in episode 2/16 ‘Sacrifice’ as a terrorist.

Also, the latest issue of TV Guide Magazine reveals details of Episode 2x18, ‘Downloaded’, in which we'll see how the Cylon consciousness is downloaded into another version of Number Six as they die.

Baltar will also apparently become a temp president of the fleet in the final few episodes while Laura Roslin recovers from her Cancer.

Maybe they figure we've already got the Joyride Studios edition Viper MkII, so fans don't need another version?

364329[/snapback]

The Joyride Studios Viper toy is the 1978 TOS version, not the new 2004 MKII.

As of this moment, there is no MKII toy, just some resin garage kits.

Graham

I for one am really glad they are making a MK VII since there are currently NO kits or anything of it.....there is a 1/24 model on the way but god only knows how long it will take to be ready!......and there are at last count 4 Mk II kits available in various scales!

That being said I Would like a MK II also with the MK VII not instead of. Maybe the scout ship is refering to the blackbird. Graham, how can they make a toy line with out the title vessel...the GALACTICA! Personally I could do without Colonial 1.

Chris

364329[/snapback]

The Joyride Studios Viper toy is the 1978 TOS version, not the new 2004 MKII.

As of this moment, there is no MKII toy, just some resin garage kits.

Graham

364349[/snapback]

Wow. I had no idea that they were different Vipers. What are the main differences?

The main differences are the canopy and the shapes of the wings. The new canopies are a little more realisticaly shaped. The wings new look sleeker, untill you realize they're thick flat edged slabs, with no better aerodynamics than the originals.

There are also a few subtle differences in minor details, and some gentle curves introduced in a few places.

That's just plain odd then, that they wouldn't release a "new" MKII to go along with the rest of the lineup. Ah who cares, it's the MK7 that I want to hold in my hands...

I like Colonial 1. Reminds me of old school Strontium Dog, somehow.

364420[/snapback]

As in the Strontium Dog from 2000AD? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he a character?

364673[/snapback]

That's the one. Mutant bounty hunter Johnny Alpha.

Graham

what's the difference between the joyride, silver and blue versions?

364677[/snapback]

The Blue squadron has a more white finish, compared to the first release Joyride Viper which was overall grey.

The Silver-Spar Squadron is white, but with very heavy weathering. Also has a Silver-Spur badge and kill markings.

Graham

Guest Bromgrev
I like Colonial 1. Reminds me of old school Strontium Dog, somehow.

364420[/snapback]

As in the Strontium Dog from 2000AD? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he a character?

364673[/snapback]

That's the one. Mutant bounty hunter Johnny Alpha.

364679[/snapback]

I guess the ship does look a little bit like his helmet and armor.

364684[/snapback]

Ok, ok, I'll clarify: I was referring to the name of the comic strip which starred Johnny Alpha. By 'old school' I mean 'as drawn by Carlos Ezquerra'. Whenever I see Colonial 1 on screen, I am reminded of Ezquerra's spaceships in Strontium Dog. There - clear as mud! :blink:

Now go and buy the comic! B))

Ok. Lee just shot up a whole bunch of points in my book. This guy's human after all, not the idealistic "ARMY OF ONE" poster boy of duty and honor that the show originally painted him to be. From the looks of the preview of next week's episode, it looks like its Starbuck's turn to fall apart even further...

I don't get why Kat is going to be the next/new hotshot pilot....didn't she just learn to fly a viper like a few months earlier in their timeline? I got now problem with her becoming a great pilot, but wouldn't one of the legacy pilots that the Galactica still has or one of the Pegasus pilots be challenging her for "top stick" position not some newbie?

Chris

They picked 'Kat because fans have unofficially declared her as being "annoying," or otherwise unlikeable. Much like 'Lucas and the creators of 'Eva, this is BSG's way of screwing with the fans.

-I know I wouldn't mind seeing her buy the farm...

Edited by myk

I don't get why Kat is going to be the next/new hotshot pilot....didn't she just learn to fly a viper like a few months earlier in their timeline? I got now problem with her becoming a great pilot, but wouldn't one of the legacy pilots that the Galactica still has or one of the Pegasus pilots be challenging her for "top stick" position not some newbie?

Chris

364876[/snapback]

Max Jenius ring a bill?

Max still had more time, I believe, than Kat. I'm with you MYK she annoys me too. I didn't ming her at first but after that stupid "dance" or whatever she did to the news woman I was like ok that is a little annoying, but then in resurection ship pt1 she was Galacticas flight leader!? WTF! Very annnoying voice!!! "Galactica request weapons free!" "FRACK!"

Chris

It happens all the time...you always find some new rookie that has some crazy skills whether it be shooting, martial arts, sports, or pilots. She was a pilot before the Viper training so it's not totally that far fetched.

I actually like the episode, mainly cause it was more advancement for Apollo which I think had been lacking recently. Not to mention the whole dark side of the fleet. Makes him more human I feel and I might be wrong I see him becoming somewhat more like Adama in this episode, especially at the end where the President clearly wasn't happy with either of them due to Lee's decision on the Black Market and with Adama backing his son on his decision. The show of trust between of them was nice to see.

Kinda reminded me of more of the original BG episodes were you had Apollo and Starbuck out doing other things beside flying. I'd actually like to see more of Lee in non-flying situations.

It wasn't so much the Lee-ness of the episode. Nor was the view of the fleet. I liked those aspects of it.

It just seemed very 'un BSG' like in that it followed like an episode of CSI or something. Especially with Bill Duke (not that he wasn't great) as a "mob boss" type person.

Ok.  Lee just shot up a whole bunch of points in my book.  This guy's human after all, not the idealistic "ARMY OF ONE" poster boy of duty and honor that the show originally painted him to be.  From the looks of the preview of next week's episode, it looks like its Starbuck's turn to fall apart even further...

364874[/snapback]

I also like Lee a lot more. He was just a whiney brat, then came a near death experience and now he's kind of a brooding tough guy. I got a lot more respect for Lee now.