Jump to content
TMBounty_Hunter

Aoshima VFG

Recommended Posts

On 11/6/2017 at 4:34 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

I am unsure how to feel about this.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, slide said:

+1

+1

 

It's up on HLJ now. Don't know if I want to pre-order or not. I am not a Delta fan and wish it was a DYRL or M+ valk I would probably jump on it. Hmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't understand why they couldn't have used... like, actual Delta characters. This would be way more interesting with Freyja or Mirage or literally anyone from Walkure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im getting 2 thats for sure.... can remake one of them for any of the leads...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

I still don't understand why they couldn't have used... like, actual Delta characters. This would be way more interesting with Freyja or Mirage or literally anyone from Walkure.

Agreed; I don’t understand :huh:

Would be an instabuy if it was a character from any Macross series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not supposed to be a character from the show, its the soul of the mecha..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... is this pre-painted like the tomytec kit? Or you need to do everything yourself? I'm kinda tempting to get 1 for the only reason of having a smaller scaled 31J to put near my PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

So... is this pre-painted like the tomytec kit? Or you need to do everything yourself? I'm kinda tempting to get 1 for the only reason of having a smaller scaled 31J to put near my PC.

It’s highly doubtful that it’s pre-painted for the price that it’s going for. HLJ’s item description states it’s molded in color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

So... is this pre-painted like the tomytec kit? Or you need to do everything yourself? I'm kinda tempting to get 1 for the only reason of having a smaller scaled 31J to put near my PC.

I'd suggest getting one of the Tomytec ones next HLJ sale, or possibly through Mandarake. Much more reasonable prices than retail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested by how much parts-forming this will involve. I guess removing the wing-folding mechanisms (apart from the inner-most pivot) simplifies that area at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, so much for my interpretation of the translation that these would look OK-ish unpainted. Thanks for the pics, no3l!

All the better for making a 31C version, I guess :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bit the bullet and ordered two, one to keep stock and level-up my painting skills on, and one to try and turn into Mirage to pose with my armoured Klan Klang :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 100% going to repaint mine. For one thing she's getting some pants (at least shorts), for another going low-vis on the Valk.

I have 0 idea why all the mecha-girls have to be wearing swimsuits or leotards with thigh-highs.

Edited by Sanity is Optional
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I am 100% going to repaint mine. For one thing she's getting some pants (at least shorts), for another going low-vis on the Valk.

I have 0 idea why all the mecha-girls have to be wearing swimsuits or leotards with thigh-highs.

THANK YOU.

SO MUCH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 3:08 AM, Nyankodevice said:

its not supposed to be a character from the show, its the soul of the mecha..

Maybe the panties of the mecha...

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I am 100% going to repaint mine. For one thing she's getting some pants (at least shorts), for another going low-vis on the Valk.

I have 0 idea why all the mecha-girls have to be wearing swimsuits or leotards with thigh-highs.

Not my thing, but I would be interested in seeing some classic SDF repaints.

Maybe have her as one of the bridge bunnies. That would be cool!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, arbit said:

Not my thing, but I would be interested in seeing some classic SDF repaints.

Maybe have her as one of the bridge bunnies. That would be cool!!!

I'm not enough of a painter/custom model guy to do anything more than re-paint existing sections of the plastic. I'll settle for having it look more like a cool robot/vehicle thing and less like a fanservicey fetish thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to get two of these, one to build as is the other to mod, not sure how yet though.

On that note does anyone know what scale the valk is? I want to see about supping it up.

Edited by Focslain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Focslain said:

Going to get two of these, one to build as is the other to mod, not sure how yet though.

On that note does anyone know what scale the valk is? I want to see about supping it up.

As per HobbySearch info:
- Scale: Non-Scale
- Size: Overall length of the aircraft: approx. 205 mm Frame height: approximately 155 mm

The Frame height is the figure since most shop says the figure stands at 15.5cm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

As per HobbySearch info:
- Scale: Non-Scale
- Size: Overall length of the aircraft: approx. 205 mm Frame height: approximately 155 mm

The Frame height is the figure since most shop says the figure stands at 15.5cm.

So that places it around.. *does mathing* 1/91 scale. Well since I'll have the 1/72 kit prior I can check to see how it looks, worst case I'll look at a 1/100 weapon pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×