Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

So I just got two emails saying my SOC Voltron and Metal Build Gundam Blue Frame just came in. :lol:

So much for being productive at work. :D

Little late to the party with mine, as I shipped my PW early to get my 31J last month.

Hope it doesn't use lead paint like the one I had back in the 80s. :lol:

golion.jpg

21 hours ago, spanner said:

good stuff 505! B))

Thanks spanner! At the rate Yamato 1/48's are going for I figure I'll have an impressive 1/48 fleet down the road. I have two M&M kits as well. :D

Just got my SOC Voltron yesterday. I absolutely love it! I knew it would have a good amount of metal in it but the heft it has when fully assembled was still unexpected. I thought for sure that I would always have it displayed assembled. But I have been having so much fun posing all of the lions in different ways that I don't know when I would ever get around to putting it together again. If only I could afford to have two of them. First world problems I guess.

I am still waiting for Anime Island to get the SOC Voltron. Come on man! How you guys like it?

Got a ton of goodies in the last couple of days, an HLJ private warehouse shipment and another big box of love from amiami.

20170111_184510.jpg

I already got Badcube Speedbump, I assumed he would be my MP Trailbreaker, but MMC/Ocular Max Terraegis is awesome! I've seen some have issues with him, but my copy is mint and I think he looks phenomenal, I doubt an official Takara version could sway me, but I will give them a fair look when they announce their version. MonsterArts Godzilla is a bit disappointing, his paint is fairly meh, and he's got a loose leg, so loose he has a hard time holding up the weight of his 30lbs. tail. I've been aching to get my hands on the new Doom by Fantasy Flight games, I had the original version in college but sold it like a dipshit and pretty much immediately regretted it. New game is amazing, plays fast, it's fun, playing as Demon or Marine is a blast, highly recommended if you're looking for a great quickie tabletop game with beautiful mini figures. Figuarts are always nice, I even got Obi-Wan with a new hat! Missed out on D-Arts Charizard, very glad I didn't have to pay $250+ for one. I've got 7 Figuarts Hall of Armors on order, so I'm in need of some 1/12 or 6" Iron Man armors, plenty of suggestions from others in this thread are probably going to lead to many of my new armor acquisitions. I'm dying for my Chogokin Voltron, I'm waiting on BBTS to get the US Bluefin stock in. I'm baffled there's people having issues with it not being "toon accurate" enough. Apparently Bandai should have figured out a way to hide the red and green lion legs in bot mode to appease literally everyone. What they made works for me, looks gorgeous, and I can't remember a single transforming, combining Voltron/Golion that was able to hide the green and red legs in combined bot mode.

Glad I'm not a fan of Voltron. I always found his battles way too lame (he'd immediately form his blazing sword after combining and then kill the robeast in one blow) and he sometimes used weapons that came out of nowhere, never to be used again (knee beams).

But the SOC toy looks good for what it is. I just never liked the aesthetic of Voltron (lion heads for hands and feet).

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Glad I'm not a fan of Voltron. I always found his battles way too lame (he'd immediately form his blazing sword after combining and then kill the robeast in one blow) and he sometimes used weapons that came out of nowhere, never to be used again (knee beams).

But the SOC toy looks good for what it is. I just never liked the aesthetic of Voltron (lion heads for hands and feet).

Blasphemy and nonsense!

As a kid I loved the show... Grew up and tried watching it again and it put me to sleep :lol: But i do love the toys and the design. 

22 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Blasphemy and nonsense!

Hey man, those are facts lol. :p

But one thing I find funny is how current day SJWs will never let a show like Voltron air because Lothor acts like a stalker/rapist/kidnapper always preying on the princess.

Edited by ArchieNov

I haven't watched Voltron in decades, and I don't plan to. But I still love that giant robot!

I need a bigger backdrop!

golion 02.jpg

i'm also very interested to hear impressions on Voltron.  IDK if I want to spend that much money on one... yet :blink:

Meanwhile, Figuarts K2-SO is nicely detailed and has excellent articulation

i3VZ7vp.png

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Little late to the party with mine, as I shipped my PW early to get my 31J last month.

golion.jpg

12 hours ago, abbadon said:

This guy finally arrived! :wub:

IMG_1279.JPG

No no no no, Abbadon! You won't get away with this. You just grabbed Lolicon's photo. Retouched the washed out highlight portion of the image (sword). Darken and desaturated the photo a little bit. Changed the background. And claimed that you have a copy. Bah! The only way to make me believe is that if you straighten out the box. You guys even have the same angle. You can't fool me. Hahaha! :lol: 

But kidding aside, congrats guys on the GoLion figure. ;) 

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

That's because you watched THE Voltron Cartoon and not THE GoLion Anime. :lol:

As if I know, right? I've watched Voltron too when it was being aired at IBC13 or RPN9, I think. Anyways, I forgot which one. Hahaha! :lol: 

58 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

i'm also very interested to hear impressions on Voltron.  IDK if I want to spend that much money on one... yet :blink:

Meanwhile, Figuarts K2-SO is nicely detailed and has excellent articulation

i3VZ7vp.png

Now it's time to buy this... :drinks:

images.jpeg

The toy does come with two different plaques. One is the original Japanese GoLion logo, and the other is the English Voltron logo.

Voltron was of course heavily edited to meet 1980s censorship in the States (damned backwards country). I've been meaning to watch GoLion to see all the changes, but since I haven't seen Voltron in so long, I don't really remember anything and I would have to watch that again, and that definitely isn't going to happen. :lol:

DAMMIT you guys! STOP posting pics of that Voltron! I do NOT need to buy that thing right now!:wub:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

The toy does come with two different plaques. One is the original Japanese GoLion logo, and the other is the English Voltron logo.

Voltron was of course heavily edited to meet 1980s censorship in the States (damned backwards country). I've been meaning to watch GoLion to see all the changes, but since I haven't seen Voltron in so long, I don't really remember anything and I would have to watch that again, and that definitely isn't going to happen. :lol:

What do you mean by two plaques? Do you mean the blue base thing that holds all of the weapons? All I read was that the US Bluefin versions would come with an extra Voltron sleeve over the main box because this guy's obviously more recognizable in the West as Voltron instead of Golion, maybe I'm confused about what you are referring to. Either way I want mine, he's coming in with the newly re-issued MP Soundwave Asia release with all of the cassettes in one box, I can't wait to get those guys in!

Haha, I was never a big fan of Voltron either...Mainly because I grew up watching Mazinger and other giant robot stuff that I liked a lot more. I love Lion robots but just the ones that end up with the beast face on the chest of the combined bot (Daltanious, GGG...). But I do love seeing all the pics of Voltron so keep them coming so I can enjoy seeing what you guys have and save that money for bots I really love.

As for SHF K2-S0, looks great but isn't he a little short to be a security droid?:D I have one ordered too and I also have a Black Series and Elite version. A lot of people are saying the Black Series is better than the SHF in this rare case. I'm thinking I'll just open my Elite version since I think those are best for droids anyway (nothing like having a metal droid figure) and it will tower like it should over most other figs. 

Edited by Slave IV

What's the Elite version?  Nevermind, found it.  Woah, pretty cool looking.  And inexpensive @ ~$15.  Hmm...

Edited by ZorClone

Just now, ZorClone said:

What's the Elite version?

Disney store exclusive die-cast figures.

6101047620489?$yetidetail$

Looks like they are on sale right now for a great price too!

25 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

What do you mean by two plaques? Do you mean the blue base thing that holds all of the weapons? All I read was that the US Bluefin versions would come with an extra Voltron sleeve over the main box because this guy's obviously more recognizable in the West as Voltron instead of Golion, maybe I'm confused about what you are referring to. Either way I want mine, he's coming in with the newly re-issued MP Soundwave Asia release with all of the cassettes in one box, I can't wait to get those guys in!

Yes, the blue base gives you the option of displaying different nameplates. One for Golion and one for Voltron. I really appreciate that they were thinking of us westerners and gave us that option.

Ha, now that i think about it, K-2SO should come with his Gun. I got the Disney Elite version on sale at the Disney store. I got it since it is metal, and a lil' bigger. It should come with his "gift" gun. I am sure they will release it with his gun later on.... maybe battle damaged too. 

56 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Yes, the blue base gives you the option of displaying different nameplates. One for Golion and one for Voltron. I really appreciate that they were thinking of us westerners and gave us that option.

We just got lucky with Voltron since it's not 'owned' by Harmony Gold. See what you did there, HG. :lol:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No no no no, Abbadon! You won't get away with this. You just grabbed Lolicon's photo. Retouched the washed out highlight portion of the image (sword). Darken and desaturated the photo a little bit. Changed the background. And claimed that you have a copy. Bah! The only way to make me believe is that if you straighten out the box. You guys even have the same angle. You can't fool me. Hahaha! :lol: 

Rats! And I almost got away with it too! :ph34r::lol:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

But kidding aside, congrats guys on the GoLion figure. ;) 

That's because you watched THE Voltron Cartoon and not THE GoLion Anime. :lol:

One plus one... plus one... plus one... plus one... Golion! :D

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Disney store exclusive die-cast figures.

6101047620489?$yetidetail$

Looks like they are on sale right now for a great price too!

I have this figure, as well as the C2-B5 from Disney store.. overall impressions: Eh. display is fine, playability suffers due to articulation limitation from being die-cast and the joints.  the C2-B5 can seriously be used as a weapon if $hit hit the fan as it is so heavy and dense, you can throw it at someone since it weighs like 3#.

22 minutes ago, VX31 said:

I have this figure, as well as the C2-B5 from Disney store.. overall impressions: Eh. display is fine, playability suffers due to articulation limitation from being die-cast and the joints.  the C2-B5 can seriously be used as a weapon if $hit hit the fan as it is so heavy and dense, you can throw it at someone since it weighs like 3#.

Yep, the appeal is that they are die-cast, look good and are slightly larger than Black Series or SHF but still scale well with all of them in the same display. They have enough articulation to pose in about as many positions as the droids or bulky characters were seen in. I don't recommend them for anyone wanting extremely dynamically posable figures. That's what SHF is for.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:03 AM, sh9000 said:

IMG_2175.JPG

I've seen these go well with 1/60 Valkyries.

Seems like it will! Was planning to stick the extra isamu figure in there, but havent had the chance to. Thanks for the heads up

PhotoGrid_1484276375888~3.png

It fits Yang figure from Arcadia's 19

IMG_20170112_224323.jpg

Edited by aaajin

20 hours ago, abbadon said:

Rats! And I almost got away with it too! :ph34r::lol:

One plus one... plus one... plus one... plus one... Golion! :D

Good catch, right?! :lol:

21 hours ago, aaajin said:

Seems like it will! Was planning to stick the extra isamu figure in there, but havent had the chance to. Thanks for the heads up

PhotoGrid_1484276375888~3.png

It fits Yang figure from Arcadia's 19

IMG_20170112_224323.jpg

Yeah they're pretty cool.

On 1/11/2017 at 11:45 AM, Lolicon said:

golion.jpg

On 1/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, abbadon said:

This guy finally arrived! :wub:

IMG_1279.JPG

NICE Lolicon and Abbadon! My GX-71 should be arriving next week, I'll add a my pic to this photo series. :D

15 minutes ago, Saburo said:

NICE Lolicon and Abbadon! My GX-71 should be arriving next week, I'll add a my pic to this photo series. :D

Hey Saburo. Just so you know that one of them 'hacks' the other guy's purchase. :ph34r:

:lol:

Saburo, just cut and paste Lolicon's photo to one of your nice black polycarbonate backgrounds and it should be good to go! :lol::rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That's pretty cool! I'll have to pick some up if I ever see them. 

Did not see any locally (while doing groceries etc2), so I just bought two off ebay, $6-ish shipped. Saves gas & time.

Edited by aaajin

After scoring the Truforce SDCC Mega Man at Barnes & Noble i had to track down the other 2. I was lucky and threw in low best offers under what i thought i was gonna get them on ebay and surprisingly the seller accepted. Now i finally have all color variants of this amazing figure ^_^

0492DDC1-ABA7-48D0-AFE2-62CDE214DF67.jpg