Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 hours ago, abbadon said:

Nice haul, Noel!

Congrats on the VT-1!

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent haul No3Ljm.

Thank you sirs! ;)

6 hours ago, barurutor said:

congrats noel, what other grails are you expecting next week?

VF-1D (first release) and Fan Racer. ^_^ Too bad the Fan Racer White Kit didn't come with a pilot figure. :( 

2 hours ago, ZorClone said:

HLJ replied.  They can't get parts for Figma, but they offered a full replacement and reimbursement on shipping the broken Hulk back.

That's great news, ZorClone. ;) 

45 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oooh grats on the VT-1 noel!

And welcome to the VT-1 club! Here you'll find that the air is fresher, food tastes better, children less annoying. It's wonderful! :D

What's special about the VF-1D first release?

Thanks for the warm VT-1 club welcome. ;)

Nothing special on the first release though. It's just a Hikaru Valk and I went outside my Red, Black, White/Tan only Valks just to complete his. And I was hoping for a 30th Anniversary version but the first release was the only available MIB at that time when I went and bid for it. :) 

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for the warm VT-1 club welcome. ;)

Nothing special on the first release though. It's just a Hikaru Valk and I went outside my Red, Black, White/Tan only Valks just to complete his. And I was hoping for a 30th Anniversary version but the first release was the only available MIB at that time when I went and bid for it. :) 

First release is awesome too!!! Great valk!!

Welcome to the VF-1D club too;) 

12 hours ago, abbadon said:

Another epic haul, anubis!

Can't wait to get my Voltron! Just a few more days...

I havent gotten a chance to open it. Think i'll open it tomorrow so i can peacefully mess with each lion and combine Voltron ^_^

7 hours ago, erizai said:

It's just me? I find the VF-31J packaging lousy... :vava:

The packaging itself I think is great, even better than the old DX. Its the battroid mode pic that they used on the front of the box that I find lousy. It looks like he just realized he stepped on dog crap :lol:

On 1/5/2017 at 0:16 AM, no3Ljm said:

I love the new box design. :wub: But sad to say even if I paid Nippon-Yasan for that extra requested Y800 additional shipping cost, I didn't get enough protection. :( As far as I recall, AmiAmi is still the best when it comes to packing boxes.

IMG_6955_zps3jvfsqms.jpg

Surprisingly the 2 I got from NY that were shipped through SAL came bubble wrapped in separate boxes and in perfect condition.

Haven't had time to take many pics since the holidays but I got a couple quick phone shots of my Transformer figure of the year (GigaPower Slag for 2016):

A19B2E71-D1C6-4E34-9C2D-3BE735FC9780_zps

29E7DEB3-42C3-45EC-BA6D-D6553DC24729_zps

Got tons of other loot and hopefully get some pictures up soon.

Also scored DX VF-1F and HMR Spartan last night!

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Surprisingly the 2 I got from NY that were shipped through SAL came bubble wrapped in separate boxes and in perfect condition.

Actually it was bubble wrapped. But it's the kind of 'small' blue bubble wrap instead of the 'big' ones. And it's just in one layer, one sheet wrap. There's not enough clearance from the box. So basically, once the box got dented or wasn't handled properly, the package box inside will get affected by it. The reason why I was upset is that I've seen NY packed packages before and it was great even for small items. To think that I already bought 3-4 DX Valks from them already and every one of them was packed nicely. It just so happened that this time I was asked to extra Y800 from the initial shipping cost upon ordering which is already high compared when I bought the VF-19 Advance which IMHO the box was heavier than the VF-31J and they still didn't packed it carefully.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haven't had time to take many pics since the holidays but I got a couple quick phone shots of my Transformer figure of the year (GigaPower Slag for 2016):

A19B2E71-D1C6-4E34-9C2D-3BE735FC9780_zps

29E7DEB3-42C3-45EC-BA6D-D6553DC24729_zps

Got tons of other loot and hopefully get some pictures up soon.

Also scored DX VF-1F and HMR Spartan last night!

Transformers Dinobots and 1/1 Perfect Grade Baby. What more do you want, right? ;) Congrats!

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually it was bubble wrapped. But it's the kind of 'small' blue bubble wrap instead of the 'big' ones. And it's just in one layer, one sheet wrap. There's not enough clearance from the box. So basically, once the box got dented or wasn't handled properly, the package box inside will get affected by it. The reason why I was upset is that I've seen NY packed packages before and it was great even for small items. To think that I already bought 3-4 DX Valks from them already and every one of them was packed nicely. It just so happened that this time I was asked to extra Y800 from the initial shipping cost upon ordering which is already high compared when I bought the VF-19 Advance which IMHO the box was heavier than the VF-31J and they still didn't packed it carefully.

Transformers Dinobots and 1/1 Perfect Grade Baby. What more do you want, right? ;) Congrats!

Yep, thanks!:D

I had a problem with NY packing a while ago but it was nothing too serious...just a concern of what could have happened like you say. No issues since that one time though...I'm happy with them as one of my top two (HLJ is the other) goto shops these days.

11 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Many thanks to @MikeRoz for the DX Koenig Monster. I needed a Monster and the HMR was out of the question for me. Plus the Sheryl itasha makes it alot better :wub::lol:

*snip*

But you have to admit the original Destroid Monster looks even better without the Sheryl Itasha marking. :rolleyes:

Congrats by the way. ;)

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Preordered a DX VF-31F and HMR Spartans last night.  The Spartans are going to look great next to the other HMR Destroids, CF's, and Monster.

Hey! Take that back! It's not even considered as a 'purchase'. It's just an 'unpaid' preorder. Take it back! Hahaha! :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

This arrived yesterday. Its an AMAZING figure, look is spot on and pairs excellent with my batman.

20170106_040538.jpg

"Never rub another man's rhubarb." ;)

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey! Take that back! It's not even considered as a 'purchase'. It's just an 'unpaid' preorder. Take it back! Hahaha! :lol: 

The 31F and one of the Spartans were already paid for.  :D:p

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

The 31F and one of the Spartans were already paid for.  :D:p

yeah, but it's still a preorder.  can you image everyone posting here with their preorder? :blink:

it's best to keep it with items you received since you will be posting photos too which will tempt others to spend more money.:lol:

1 hour ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Love that valk. Where you get it?....and how much?.

Hey Pedro. There's more at Jungle for Y24840+. All Class A. Few days ago sil80jdm was selling his for $250. And looks like it was already sold since it's not in his listing anymore. 

Good luck!