Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I didn't really need another Hikaru VF-1J but for only 80 bucks I couldn't pass it up!

Love the old canopy tint. Wish Arcadia would include those on their "premium" finish version!

VF-1J Jan 2017.jpg

Nice find!  Great price!

5 hours ago, spanner said:

are there any issues with it at all? how are the shoulders on it?

One of the shoulders has a crack, which isn't surprising for these earlier units. Other than that, item looks new, or as new as a 10 year old toy can look. It uses the older Yamato white from 2008, which is less gleaming white but also has no pink hue. No missing accessories and canopy tint is intact. :)

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

One of the shoulders has a crack, which isn't surprising for these earlier units. Other than that, item looks new, or as new as a 10 year old toy can look. It uses the older Yamato white from 2008, which is less gleaming white but also has no pink hue. No missing accessories and canopy tint is intact. :)

that's still a pretty amazing deal even if one shoulder is cracked.. well one crack is better than two cracks I guess! And the fact it looks new as you said for a near 10 year old toy!

you did well, very well! B))

On 26/1/2017 at 6:56 PM, spanner said:

great stuff Mr Bomber! 

I was only thinking the other day that I might sell my MPP-10.. and the other Transformers I got.. I wonder what kind of interest I'd get for them in here?

Ive seem a lot of transformers for sale on the sales thread, i guess you can sell them pretty quick.

Now, i opene my vf 25g michael VF100s, damn the 1/100 scale toys have come a longway.

It was a rare find i had on hlj, didnt even heard over the line, feels more like a robot damashi spirits, all floppy but its so light weight that it dosent affect poseability.

I looked the transfornation and pretty much have to strip and switch out most of the parts,  made me realize the hi metals we have now have improved worlds since this releases.

20170128_152819.jpg

20170128_153716.jpg

20170128_153726.jpg

20170128_153703.jpg

Intresting enough, on the top of the box you can see all lines that were supposed to be released, and a yf-24? I dont even remember seing that one.

Edited by Mr Bomber

39 minutes ago, spanner said:

I decided against getting a 3rd CF VF-171 for now and bought that model car I'd been umming and ahhing about. Besides it was quite a bit cheaper including postage than the Valkyrie was without!

Lamborghini Murcielago SV LP-670-4..

should look great with my other cars! B))

lp670sv.jpg

That thing looks sweet! So these models are completed and everything? How much do they cost? 

Yes, they come complete out of the box.  Depending on the make and model, the price varies greatly, and older releases are hard to come by and expensive.  I have the Autoart LP670-4 SV in dark grey with the orange stripes, it's one of my favorites, and imho one of AutoArts best last before the composite bodies era cars. Thing weighs a ton! 

Edited by derex3592

not really new, but just got the chance to open up this guy. been sitting in its box for almost a year (lol).

...and man, putting a pilot in the cockpit was A LOT of work! Had an extremely tight canopy, but luckily found a workaround from the 17 thread.

IMG_20170129_213409.jpgIMG_20170129_213539.jpg

I purchased, or should I say, tried to purchase a VF-1A TV Max V2 on Ebay.

The sellers name is Yankyshoulders. After paying and not getting a tracking number for a couple weeks, I contacted him, and this was the response:

"thanks for purchase. The item has been returned to me from custom. it is strange.When i check it, i found that the legs was broken. This is my last item."

Although this sounds suspiciously like he was trying to set me up, he did refund me.

Can anyone recommend a more reliable option ? 

56 minutes ago, arbit said:

I purchased, or should I say, tried to purchase a VF-1A TV Max V2 on Ebay.

The sellers name is Yankyshoulders. After paying and not getting a tracking number for a couple weeks, I contacted him, and this was the response:

"thanks for purchase. The item has been returned to me from custom. it is strange.When i check it, i found that the legs was broken. This is my last item."

Although this sounds suspiciously like he was trying to set me up, he did refund me.

Can anyone recommend a more reliable option ? 

gee that's a tough one.. there aren't many of these for sale anywhere that I can see other than on ebay.. here's one I found doing a quick search but I have seen them go for cheaper elsewhere in the past. Sorry if this isn't any help.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMATO-MACROSS-VF-1A-1-60-PREFECT-MAX-TYPE-TV-VER-FIGURE-v2-2-SDFM-robotech-/262822446584?hash=item3d317045f8:g:veQAAOSw4DJYiFZ3

AutoArt... AutoArt... Now I'm browsing AutoArt too... Have to blame Spanner for this. :aggressive:

Spanner, any recommendation for a Porsche car? Would love to have a Porsche 959 Rothmans. :rolleyes:

porsche-959-rally-02.jpg

Anyone, have this one yet? I know it's OT, but it looks gorgeous. :wub:

18116_1.jpg

aa18107.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

Hehe! I'll happily wear the blame Noel! 

Im not sure Autoart ever did a Rothmans livery 959.. but I'd have to check. I had a silver road car 959 by AA in my former collection and was in fact eyeballing getting one again! There are plenty of other very nice Porsche models, 911 for example out there available.

I did briefly consider one of those Redbull concept cars but decided against it in favor of something else. They are ok I guess but im not a huge fan of concept cars. I'd rather have actual production models in my collection. 

Is there anything else you're considering?

Just got this beauty in the mail from MH Toyshop. 20170130_132739.jpg

This is my second figma, my first was Guyver 1 and I am very impressed by the finish of these figures. Great paint, sculpt, and articulation. 

And I would also recommend MHtoyshop.com. $8.00 flat rate and the packaging is top notch. Tissue paper around the figure itself, then bubble wrap, and packaging paper. 

39 minutes ago, spanner said:

Hehe! I'll happily wear the blame Noel! 

Im not sure Autoart ever did a Rothmans livery 959.. but I'd have to check. I had a silver road car 959 by AA in my former collection and was in fact eyeballing getting one again! There are plenty of other very nice Porsche models, 911 for example out there available.

I did briefly consider one of those Redbull concept cars but decided against it in favor of something else. They are ok I guess but im not a huge fan of concept cars. I'd rather have actual production models in my collection. 

Is there anything else you're considering?

You're entire Macross collection for FREE! :yahoo:

1 minute ago, General Rasp said:

And I would also recommend MHtoyshop.com. $8.00 flat rate and the packaging is top notch. Tissue paper around the figure itself, then bubble wrap, and packaging paper. 

Do they carry Macross stuff? If not, pass. Hehehe. j/k :lol:

1 hour ago, spanner said:

sure thing Noel! :p :lol:

but the only thing free will be the shipping.. but the rest will cost you $50,000 USD! :D

C'mon?! You're not serious, right? :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

So who coined the term 'spannerized'? :lol:

31J x4.jpg

Moi! :rolleyes:

Are you sure 4 is not enough? ;) 

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So who coined the term 'spannerized'? :lol:

you can just imagine! :rolleyes: :lol:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

C'mon?! You're not serious, right? :lol: 

Moi! :rolleyes:

Are you sure 4 is not enough? ;) 

yeah! 100 Valkyries at $500 each which covers cost of replacing each one with shipping. That is a rough average and includes appreciation of Valkyrie pricing over the last few years. Hey I gotta cover myself appropriately! ^_^

Oh and enough is never enough! even 4 of.. :D

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

4 is enough. For now... :ph34r:

Ha! You sure?! :ph34r:

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

I thought my PC froze as I scrolled down the page. :p

Freeze Frame! :lol:

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Some Chogokin Ladies and the final Macross Delta Box, only two more volumes to go! ^_^

Art on the 3rd Delta box sure is nice

F06540E6-1932-4442-81D1-C822E8170893.jpg

10B8B787-8B39-45B0-86FF-CD9803A08E26.jpg

I have to say if there's members here who supports Arcadia inspite of their lack of releases, QC problems, wrong color choices, repaints, and reissues, there's also members here who supports Macross Delta inspite of its issues.  ^_^

No offense meant, Anubis. Great hauls by the way. Too bad they put the stickers over Makina. ;)

I'm just pointing out to people that you don't need to rub anything of/against everyone's picks and choices. :rolleyes:

WE ARE the reason why this people still have business. ^_^ 

Now back to our regular programming.

Edited by no3Ljm

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ha! You sure?! :ph34r:

Freeze Frame! :lol:

I have to say if there's members here who supports Arcadia inspite of their lack of releases, QC problems, wrong color choices, repaints, and reissues, there's also members here who supports Macross Delta inspite of its issues.  ^_^

No offense meant, Anubis. Great hauls by the way. Too bad they put the stickers over Makina. ;)

I'm just pointing out to people that you don't need to rub anything of/against everyone's picks and choices. :rolleyes:

WE ARE the reason why this people still have business. ^_^ 

Now back to our regular programming.

Yup I disliked Delta but its a release that has subs and I support that. Im voting with my wallet, and I want more Macross with subs ^_^ So far I have SDF, DYRL (Bootleg I think), Macross Plus, the Frontier movies, and Delta all with English subs. ^_^ The sticker comes off, Amazon puts them on but i didnt bother taking it off for the pic :lol:

....Screw Harmony Gold BTW :lol:

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Some Chogokin Ladies and the final Macross Delta Box, only two more volumes to go! ^_^

65CFB5BB-4A9B-4664-951A-4C0D04A39810.jpg

Art on the 3rd Delta box sure is nice

how do you like the Downbeat? is the rear bumper really detached in alt mode? all the preview images from behind have like the white part of his rear bumper way below normal, not sure if its Jazz's shins or was a mis transformation.. I like Maketoys more than Toyworld.. but hesitant on purchasing either of them...

4 minutes ago, VX31 said:

how do you like the Downbeat? is the rear bumper really detached in alt mode? all the preview images from behind have like the white part of his rear bumper way below normal, not sure if its Jazz's shins or was a mis transformation.. I like Maketoys more than Toyworld.. but hesitant on purchasing either of them...

I asked the same thing a few posts back. Nothing changed, it still has the ugly rear. That was the deal breaker for me or I would have been all over this Jazz release.

Edited by Slave IV

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I asked the same thing a few posts back. Nothing changed, it still has the ugly rear. That was the deal breaker for me or I would have been all over this Jazz release.

ugh. boo.. thanks for the quick response-

well, I guess can either wait for if/when official Takara release or just always keep him in Bot mode. I saw the online Chinese review of him, I thought it was really well done but they purposely didn't show the rear!

also. who needs four VF-31Js?! I cant even get one. sheesh.

Yea the back bumper or whatever it wants to be just hangs out the back. I really dont mind it, MP Sideswipe has similar junk hanging in the back as well as Tracks. Compromises had to be made but it is the only disappointing thing about Downbeat. Robot mode though he is perfect IMO :wub:

F78E0CFD-563F-4D61-8668-9F43D83B19DE.jpg

215A73CC-6594-47B4-A310-03F5154B7A54.jpg

18FC5994-1178-4EC0-AF5B-7CE78386A8B0.jpg

25 minutes ago, VX31 said:

also. who needs four VF-31Js?! I cant even get one. sheesh.

Apparently some member does. It's either they have a lot of money to burn. :rolleyes: Or they just want to display it in all forms and have extra. ^_^ Uhm, what's that term again? Oh... SPANNERIZED! :lol: 

21 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Yea the back bumper or whatever it wants to be just hangs out the back. I really dont mind it, MP Sideswipe has similar junk hanging in the back as well as Tracks. Compromises had to be made but it is the only disappointing thing about Downbeat. Robot mode though he is perfect IMO :wub:

F78E0CFD-563F-4D61-8668-9F43D83B19DE.jpg

215A73CC-6594-47B4-A310-03F5154B7A54.jpg

18FC5994-1178-4EC0-AF5B-7CE78386A8B0.jpg

Ok. What's the deal again on the rear bumper on Jazz (Downbeat) figure? Sorry, I don't have a clue on every 3P Transformers items.