Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

As great as it is I am not sure if I can bring myself to buy another one when I already have a VF-1J v.2 and a GBP in 1/48th scale

That really depend on each individual.

If you have the budget then get both lines. 1/48 for the sizes but incomplete schemes. 1/60 for the complete schemes and better proportion, articulation, and features you don't have in 1/48.

If you don't, then stick with one line if the toy scale does affect you. Apparently 1/60 V2 is the best line I have ever devoted to because I like the vf-1 design so much and I want to have all schemes in one scale.

by the way, I don't even have any 1/48.

The 1/48 has superior detail, more features, and a correctly placed head. Those are huge pluses. There are also some cool 1/48 non-canon schemes. The 1/48 GBP is a marvel to behold but it does have a bit of wonkiness as far as proportions are concerned. The 1/60V2 VF-1 toy has much better proportions, less of a crotch at the expense of a misplaced head, and less features that many people felt were useless on the 1/48. It will be interesting to see if the 1/60V2 GBP can top the 1/48. I'm eagerly looking forward to doing a comparison.

That really depend on each individual.

If you have the budget then get both lines. 1/48 for the sizes but incomplete schemes. 1/60 for the complete schemes and better proportion, articulation, and features you don't have in 1/48.

If you don't, then stick with one line if the toy scale does affect you. Apparently 1/60 V2 is the best line I have ever devoted to because I like the vf-1 design so much and I want to have all schemes in one scale.

by the way, I don't even have any 1/48.

Oh don't get me wrong I have a lot of v.2 1/60 valks that I also had in 1/48th scale, just until i read a review I don't see the v.2 armor being drastically different from the 1/48 and thus I am not sure if i want to buy it though i do have the funds to do so.

I'm really having trouble deciding if I want this or not...I've only got ONE 1:48 VF-1S and the GBP armor, but I also have the Strike armor for it. And I already have a 1:60 ver.2 VF-1J. So do I buy a 1:48 VF-1J?? or just bail on the 1:48's and get this??? Everything else I own is 1:60....... :blink::blink::blink:

Lookin at those side by side comparison shots...still not hating the bulkiness of the 1:48.......

Edited by derex3592

Does anybody know what the turn around time from Over-Drive is if you've pre-ordered something there? I've had one of these waiting since September and am getting anxious to know when I'll be receiving mine (considering I paid for it four months ago.)

based on the pics from hobby search, tampo printing looks the same as the first release VF-1J... and it looks like they still missed putting that triangle danger thingy on the sides right below the cockpit... unfortunately, they don't have any pics of the underside, as i am also eager to know if it does have the new crotch...

btw, it definitely is disappointing that it has the same styled fixed posed hands for use w/ the armor parts... they should have changed it up.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Just called the toy shop whom i ordered from and paid deposit, such frustrating answer..

They will only ship in when all orders are consolidated, and there is no dates yet, They will only ship in earliest is Jan ( first 2 weeks), latest with no dates... i am so mad with their business handling... and i have to called everywhere to get someone to answer my question.

it taught me a lesson, never pay for preorders, and never order from local shops... :angry:

Just called the toy shop whom i ordered from and paid deposit, such frustrating answer..

They will only ship in when all orders are consolidated, and there is no dates yet, They will only ship in earliest is Jan ( first 2 weeks), latest with no dates... i am so mad with their business handling... and i have to called everywhere to get someone to answer my question.

it taught me a lesson, never pay for preorders, and never order from local shops... :angry:

Well they hv to consolidate to ship everything together inorder to save shpg costs, as all the coming release dates like the M&M VF-22S & GBP-1 are so close apart each other.

Hm... I was going to call them(not the birdshop but ground floor Csc) and see if there is any chance that they can arrive by tomorrow, but I guess I have the answer ...

When they come it will bs another 1/2 grand in sgd gone...

Incidentally, it did not take pre- orders for the blank 1s... Wierd.... About a month ago, I kept asking them if they were going to bring it in, but I did not get any definite ans... And after 3 weeks of probing, nothing... Sheesh !

Anyway, I eagerly await this baby and the vf-22s(s) to arrive... Soon I hope

Edited by BlueMax

I previously spoken to that shop you mentioned & understand they will bring in only M&M 22S (after Max is released) as they thought that GBP-1 will not be out that soon, until I told them tdy that its already released. So I doubt all 3 items can arrive on time tomorrow?

Oh yes...half a grand will be gone this week if it did arrive ...

Edited by Javabean

Wish I had time to head over to Ins Point in Yau Ma Tei after work to see if they have the GBP, but alas, have to head straight home tonight.

Graham

Yes they have both the GBP and the Max 22S at In's Point. B)) Or at least they did last night.

Somebody said that the wholesaler is already out of GBP, but I cannot verify the news.

Edited by ff95gj

I previously spoken to that shop you mentioned & understand they will bring in only M&M 22S (after Max is released) as they thought that GBP-1 will not be out that soon, until I told them tdy that its already released. So I doubt all 3 items can arrive on time tomorrow?

Oh yes...half a grand will be gone this week if it did arrive ...

Well i really do not know what are they thinking about waiting waiting and waiting.. seems like forever, but then maybe it's the last time i will get from them.. after paying half the amount and not having item arrive in time, and price wise, everyshop roughly the same..

Previously i asked the shop and they said the GBP-1S & VF-22S gamlin will be releasing on 29th Dec, but as i called today i had the worst replies on not able to get it in due to consolidation of shipment and depending if their boss wants to ship it in or not., earliest is by first two weeks of Jan, and latest date is infinite.

I am so damn bloodymad, pardon the expressive language here.

And their staff do not know anything at all.. not even bother to ask other things like particulars and details.

And kept saying that they are the staff only , not boss.. :( some sort of shop staff eh?

Edited by eyesonme78

OD is pissing me off with their late response to questions. After having my set with 2 SS parts on order since November it's BS that they can't update their "new" site successfully as my account info is not there, yet on their "old" site it is still active and shows my order as pending. HLJ may be a little more expensive but at least they know how to run their website a lot smoother. It's disappointing after getting other orders shipped without a hitch. <_<