Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Yeah baby!!! :D Side Covers!! The proportions on the 1/60 V.2 GBP look great. Don't get me wrong the 1/48 GBPs were very detailed, but they gave the sleek and sexy valks the proportions of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. These new GBPs will give the V2s some serious muscle. B)) A definite buy!

Yeah baby!!! :D Side Covers!! The proportions on the 1/60 V.2 GBP look great. Don't get me wrong the 1/48 GBPs were very detailed, but they gave the sleek and sexy valks the proportions of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. These new GBPs will give the V2s some serious muscle. B)) A definite buy!

Yes, the side cover looks so sweet.

If my limited japanese correct, in the text, they 'joke' about having 'side cover' for all the valks from now on.

sell what? a 1D fitting GBP? It was kind of a hail mary to even think it would fit as the chest piece on the 1D is different from the regual VF-1 models. Besides, such a combo is never shown in the anime.

It looks like if someone really wanted to they could cut appropriate slots out of the chest piece to accomodate the 1D chest plate thoug.

Side and neck covers DO look awesome. I absolutely need a pack of 8 sets, in white and light gray for my v.2 valks.

This GBP looks so good there will be NO waiting for sales . . . (too anxious)

Click here for Custom side covers :D

I can't wait to get my hands on the new sides and neck covers...

And it looks like it won't fit the 1D chest plate either.

Judging from the pics, it does look like the new 1/60 GBP-1S chest can fit on the VF-1D. If you look closely, the chest has an open curve where it rests on the chest of the VF-1J. While on it's counterpart 1/48 GBP-1S the same chest are is linear and does not accomodate the chest.

Take a look at the pics and you'll see what I mean.

----

Note to self - I am soooooo getting this. ^_^

Judging from the pics, it does look like the new 1/60 GBP-1S chest can fit on the VF-1D. If you look closely, the chest has an open curve where it rests on the chest of the VF-1J. While on it's counterpart 1/48 GBP-1S the same chest are is linear and does not accomodate the chest.

Take a look at the pics and you'll see what I mean.

----

Note to self - I am soooooo getting this. ^_^

Hmm, i dunno...

post-19-1248804960_thumb.png

it looks like the GBP chest piece conforms to the neck divet in the regular VF-1 chests to me. Look at the way it cuts across and around the curve of the fuselage while being level with it. On the 1D the chest piece covers that little bit of fuselage so for the GBP to work with it, it would have to go *over* the chest piece.

Click here for Custom side covers :D

I can't wait to get my hands on the new sides and neck covers...

Dyno, it will only makes sense to me if the side covers are molded in dark gray color. Should have the side covers extend until shoulder instead of making a hole for the upper arm.

I'm totally sold with Yamato V2 side covers. :lol:

This is awesome! I really wish they had included the side covers and neck piece with all the Valkyries. I hope one of you guys can recast these parts. I don't want to buy multiple sets of the armor just for for these extra parts.

Beats me too, why they didn't do it.

Most of us where moaning about this already half a year before the line kicked off with the Roy VF-1S.

Maybe Graham could share some light into this?!

Beats me too, why they didn't do it.

Most of us where moaning about this already half a year before the line kicked off with the Roy VF-1S.

Maybe Graham could share some light into this?!

On top of that, they should have made the gun strap for the gun pod, I do see pre drilled slots for the gun strap.

Anyway, I've made some for my bad boys:

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

Holy G Straps Batman!! Looks great!

How much for a pack of 10? I simply do not have time to explore doing them on my own . . .

I read this and thought you said G-strings. I was very disappointed.

I just realized something, you HAVE to use the fixed bubble hands. The hands are attached to the arm armor and not the arm itself. Unless the part the set hands attach to is removable, you can't use the valks own hands. :(

post-4286-1249077329_thumb.jpg

I just realized something, you HAVE to use the fixed bubble hands. The hands are attached to the arm armor and not the arm itself. Unless the part the set hands attach to is removable, you can't use the valks own hands. :(

hmmm, yeah, from the looks of it, seems that the fixed posed hands that come w/ the GBP armor will be female... <_<

well, i really hope it won't be the case for the production release, coz i really like using the articulated hands... :mellow:

hmmm, yeah, from the looks of it, seems that the fixed posed hands that come w/ the GBP armor will be female... <_<

well, i really hope it won't be the case for the production release, coz i really like using the articulated hands... :mellow:

same here, I didn't mind the look of the small articulated hands on with the original GBP, with the larger 1/60 hand and the slimmer armor it should look fine.

This may very well be a deal breaker for me, if there isn't a way to use some form of mechanical style hands with this I'm not buying. :(

heh. Good catch. I'm sure there will be an easy fix for this. Edit - okay. Maybe not easy per say. But you guys will figure out a fix.

Edited by JCSaves

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to attach even the fixed mechanical hands from the current releases. It seems that grey piece can be detached.

3775886857_5164965990_o.jpg

Maybe will available in another wonderfest exclusive.... or maybe yamato online exclusive....

damn yamato.

well, we only have ourselves to blame... we kept saying stuff like, "I wish yamato would learn from Bandai...." Well, now they have, happy now? :angry:

:lol: