Macross Revoltech

CF18

Dude! They are doing a MILIA? NICE!!! I did not read the whole thread just looked at the pic. Definitely excited. Will be doing a Fraulein Asuka x Revoltech Milia kitbash FOR SURE!!!! Also excited for the mac+ figs! But I have to say, most excited about the regults!

* There will be both MAX and MIRIYA VF-IJ Revoltech

I still can't believe that you are most excited about the regults :p

I really would like to see an Asuka x Milia kitbash as well. ^_^

:ph34r:

Don't know where this rumour came from, but it is completely false.

Graham

This "rumor" is a consequence of what i've been told by some who works at organic. maybe they succeed into finding a deal with toynami.

Anyway i'm very happy to see the new macross revotech figures comes true :D

Edited by isamu_dyson

I knew that the Revoltech YF-19 and YF-21 were in development long before that rumor broke (I heard about them several months ago (although the Regult and M&M are news to me), which is why that rumor just didn't make sense to me.

When the primary market for all Revoltechs is Japan, it seems odd to say that they will drop Macross, especially for toys that are so cheap to design and produce.

Like most Japanese toy companies, does Kaiyodo even care about the Japanese toy market?

Graham

Wow, from that pic, I wonder if the regult will actually be in-scale with the vf-1j.

Perhaps that's why the vfs are smaller than standard revys, so that an in-scale regult could be feasible?

It would seem that way. We'll see eh.

:ph34r:

Has anyone determined what is the approximate scale of the Revoltech VF-1s? I'm wondering if the Regults will truly be in "scale" with their initial Macross offerings, or just of comparable size, and if the available 1/100 stuff (VB-6, Toynami Veritechs, VF-2SS model, etc.) will be within a reasonable scale range of the Revoltech enemy Mecha.

Another thing to ponder is, since Kaiyodo is expanding their Macross line with mecha other than VFs, how long before we see Revoltech Destroids?

Edited by mechaninac

Has anyone determined what is the approximate scale of the Revoltech VF-1s?

I'd say it's approximately got a 1/100 body with 1/88 arms & legs. My numbers probably aren't accurate since I don't have one with me at the moment, but the limbs look out of proportion when compared to the body.

I'm wondering if the Regults will truly be in "scale" with their initial Macross offerings

The Regults will probably be bigger than Kaiyodo's initial VF-1's (as they should be), but I don't think they'll be perfectly matched up to scale since the VF-1 itself isn't set to any scale.

Nice, but honestly a waste of money. If Yamato continues going with the 1/60 scale, after the destroids, next would have to be enemy mecha. Even in 1/60 a Regult would be large, but it would be pretty much the same amount of plastc (or less) as as the 1/60 Q-Rau.

Not knocking you guys. I'm just saying, too each his own.

The advantage of smaller toys though is that you can "collect em all" like pokemon. :D

Bigger toys will have better detail, but what are the chance these companies will take a risk on non-valk mecha? It's too risky if nobody buys it which is why I think they want to make smaller cheaper toys first. Profits from that can be used as their way to gauge interest into a more detailed toy.

Glaug, regult, even monster can be easily collected at smaller scales without to much risk of them getting cancelled due to not enough people able to afford it or have enough space to display the bigger stuff. (maybe that's why the wave sdf-1 is so small?)

Personally I want to see some valks from macross II for this reason. Stuff that you know won't get made into a risky large toy just because nobody likes the show it came from.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE REGULTS!!!!!! It is a dream come true! When are they going to be released? When is Milia going to be released?

I can hardly contain myslef!

Thanks for the pics!

So sweet that they come with the missile parts. Hopefully they will also do a scout!

I love the sculpt on the regult and think it is second best after Captain America's John Moscato resin Masterpieces.

Happy happy joy joy!!!

*stands in shock for a moment*

Wow, they actually put the Reguld in scale. VERY impressive! I'll be buying one of these.

And YF-19 and YF-21 Revoltechs! YAH-F'ING-HOO! Articulation baby, THAT'S what I want! At last, a YF-19 action figure that can do the flying kick :)

Edited by Mr March

Wow, the Revoltech line is crazy! They're pumping out all kinds of figures .. left and right. This company does things right ... large selection and no delays. Once they show a prototype ... BAM, it's out on sale in a few months. They don't get stuck in production limbo forever (re: toynami)! Bring it.

Great pictures! Damn, these babies look amazing.

The FAST Packs for the YF-19 should look olive or grey with a hint of green. From the pictures, the leg FAST packs look beige like the YF-19 itself and the shoulder tanks look white. But these are just display pieces and I'm certain Revoltech will correct the colors for mass production. All their other Macross toys have used correct colors, so these should be fine.

Damn, that Reguld looks perfect. I am sooooo getting one of these :)