Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

I've been away from this thread despite being the 21 my all time favorite Valk, because I'm not too fond of Battroid mode on this toy. Fighter is perfect, but I'm a Battroid guy and this one leaves a lot to be desired IMHO: the hips seat too low and the legs are too skinny. Looks too "human", so to speak, for a Battroid whose main appeal is its Q-Rau, alienish anatomy. I was hoping for Yamato to "borrow" some ideas from the D-Stance model, but as it is, I'm in no hurry to get this.

I think everyone knows by now it was a compromize, i didn't say i don't like the thinner than line art legs.

I kinda look at it more like the Q-Rau was Meltrandi by design and the 21 could be somewhat feminine as it's mom.

*shrugs* all is good for me anyhow! :D

I think everyone knows by now it was a compromize, i didn't say i don't like the thinner than line art legs.

My point is, if I recall correctly, there is some line art that looks like what Yamato has put together as far as the legs go, so it is just a matter of preference, more than one of line art correctness. I hope I'm making sense at this point. :lol:

I believe it's Dengeki Hobby May issue, that has pics of the YF-21 transformation. It shows how they did the shoulders/arms in fighter mode, and all that good stuff. But, I'm a cheapass and didn't pick up the magazine. :p Sorry guys, but at least now you know there's pics out. (I think if was Dengeki Hobby, either that or it was Hobby Japan). The pics made me want the YF-21 even more! :D

I believe it's Dengeki Hobby May issue, that has pics of the YF-21 transformation. It shows how they did the shoulders/arms in fighter mode, and all that good stuff. But, I'm a cheapass and didn't pick up the magazine. :p Sorry guys, but at least now you know there's pics out. (I think if was Dengeki Hobby, either that or it was Hobby Japan). The pics made me want the YF-21 even more! :D

Ooooooooooo so which one has the latest??? June copy of Dengeki or Hobby Japan?

For myself personally seeing the pics G-Man posted up with the Fold Dong on place of the VERYYYYYYY sleek side on view of the YF-21 has me salivating like the tallest waterfall evar.

:edit:

Just did a search, all they say included in those mags is gundam this and gundam that, when will the bastards learn.

*shakes fist*

j/k :lol: but seriously.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I just bought a transformer (leader sized brawl from the tF movie) so I'm going to have to postpone the 21 for now. (regardless of if first releases are perfect) Couldn't help it, was just sitting there saying 'buy me' from behind the plastic box and like an abandoned puppy dog you find on the streets (this one looks like a Pug) I ended up bringing it home.

3019250-md.jpg

I think they should show us some yf-21 transformation pics now. Keep us looking at it at new angles and seeing the guts.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I just bought a transformer (leader sized brawl from the tF movie) so I'm going to have to postpone the 21 for now. (regardless of if first releases are perfect) Couldn't help it, was just sitting there saying 'buy me' from behind the plastic box and like an abandoned puppy dog you find on the streets (this one looks like a Pug) I ended up bringing it home.

3019250-md.jpg

I think they should show us some yf-21 transformation pics now. Keep us looking at it at new angles and seeing the guts.

*aims gun at the puppy* BANG! "Try and stop me buying the 21 now sucka!"

So the 21 is out on the 8th or 9th. Grr. That means i'll probably have to buy it in the morning and have it sitting under my desk all day at work, calling to me, begging to be opened..................and i'll love every agonizing second of it :D

So the 21 is out on the 8th or 9th. Grr. That means i'll probably have to buy it in the morning and have it sitting under my desk all day at work, calling to me, begging to be opened..................and i'll love every agonizing second of it :D

Oh STFU, some of us here in the States are gonna have to wait 3 weeks after that, you lucky bastard! :lol:

-Kyp

So they actually bit the bullet and threw in delimiter mode for that extra kick, can't say I'm suprised but seeing it now it looks kinda iffy. Maybe I'm just wrong and they took off the legs so we could see the arms, yeah thats it no parts come off causing more problems in the long run :ph34r: . Ah well, pretty much the transformation we expected and I'll still be a fanatic and buy this even with the questionable decisions being made by Yamato recently.

So they actually bit the bullet and threw in delimiter mode for that extra kick, can't say I'm suprised but seeing it now it looks kinda iffy. Maybe I'm just wrong and they took off the legs so we could see the arms, yeah thats it no parts come off causing more problems in the long run :ph34r: . Ah well, pretty much the transformation we expected and I'll still be a fanatic and buy this even with the questionable decisions being made by Yamato recently.

Meh it looks like they are just showing how the arms transforms by removing the legs is all, not the actual delimiter mode, i don't think there is one but i have been wrong many of times before.

Meh it looks like they are just showing how the arms transforms by removing the legs is all, not the actual delimiter mode, i don't think there is one but i have been wrong many of times before.

I agree, but if they did, my 21 is going to stay in fighter mode anyway. I think the battroid/gerwalk is fugly ;)

Since the legs are detachable, it'd be cool if Yamato threw in a set of beefier legs.

Slightly thicker from the straight-on view would be OK with me, but not thicker in a way that creates the exaggerated bell-bottom pant look.

Thanks to ruskiiVFaussie for posting this side-by-side in another thread:

YF21soldier.gifVF22soldier.gif

I hate the way the legs are drawn on that VF-22.

Edited by Wicked Ace