Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

I'm waiting until we get a "Ozma with everything on it" announced--or at least, an "Ozma's stuff will be sold separately and will fit on first-release Ozma" announcement. (He's got more than mere FAST packs IMHO, Alto frequently has just your standard FAST pack). (Yet Ozma's ep 1 stuff isn't GBP armor either)

I also kinda want to see how Mikhail's looks. My VF-25 and 1/60 VF-1 purchases are linked---I want different colors. If I get Roy's VF-1, I won't get Ozma's. If I get Max, I won't get Mikhail, etc. And I only plan to buy 1 of each type. I'm kind of leaning towards Max and Ozma----I've never had a Max at all---but I also want to have "the definitive valk (Roy's VF-1S) in the new 1/60 while thinking Ozma has the coolest VF-25. Maybe if Mikhail ever gets the "full" armor Ozma has...

So, a person could just about buy 3 model kits for the price of one of the toys.

When it came to Bandai's VF-19 Kia, went for the metal plated model. I hope that the M.F. releases are so nice that I forget Bandai's M7 releases.

Work hard Bandai! Macross fans will be extra good this Christmas.

Guest sh002

couldn't resist and preordered from bbts. can always cancel it later if i decide not to buy them. damn that price isn't bad for such a large toy with its type of transformation even though no fast packs included.

I would preorder Ozma's but I don't have the funds at the moment. However I know BBTS is a good store to get it from. I still also want to knot if Ozma will get regular Fast packs as that is what I want the most. I'll decide if I want an armor pack later, but if Ozma only gets armor and not super then I'll go with Alto.

I also kinda want to see how Mikhail's looks. My VF-25 and 1/60 VF-1 purchases are linked---I want different colors. If I get Roy's VF-1, I won't get Ozma's. If I get Max, I won't get Mikhail, etc.

Roy's plane is white though isn't it? Ozuma's is greyish. So you are still getting different colors if you get both Roy 1/60 vf-1 and Ozuma 1/60 vf-25 aren't you? Or do you just mean the color of the trimming on the plane?

I'm going to try to get one of each. Bandai: Please make a set that includes the armor with the main fighter. I'd rather buy that as one package than to search for fast packs and armor.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I consider Ozma and Roy's to be the same scheme. Close enough. (I mean, Ozma's was clearly DESIGNED to look like Roy's, it's not sheer coincidence, just like Mikhail's looks like Max's and Alto's looks like Hikaru's)

And of course poor Luca is Kakizaki and we all know what happened to him.

The only thing going for Luca is that his 25 reminds me of the ELINT seeker, other than that, as a character he sucks, and if I ever buy his RVF-25 its only because of the randome and his named drone pods, especially if they can be mounted on stands too.

As it stands, the 2 must haves for me, are Alto's super 25, and Ozma's armored 25.

I'm so miff they don't come FPs... :angry: Which means then the FB set will become individual sets cause of the extra bits and colour coding, meaning I'll be paying more for the shipping at the end of the day for ordering the FB seperately for each valk... F***-U corporate world!!!

Anyway, which is better BBTS or HLJ?

For me at the end doesn't make much difference in shipping as living in South Africa means shipping will be the same. However with HLJ I get my stuff in 3 to 4 days, and the insurance is tops...

Whats your guys view on this?

Edited by Omegablue

I'm so miff they don't come FPs... :angry: Which means then the FB set will become individual sets cause of the extra bits and colour coding, meaning I'll be paying more for the shipping at the end of the day... F***-U corporate world!!!

Anyway, which is better BBTS or HLJ?

For me at the end doesn't make much difference in shipping as leaving South Africa means shipping will be the same. However with HLJ I get my stuff in 3 to 4 days, and the insurance is tops...

Whats your guys view on this?

I understand your concern over not releasing all the FP or armor parts at once but all companies do this as well as yamato to see how well an item will sell before they release any new products... I know it sucks as most of us on these forums have to import and pay extra for shipping but its no biggie. Im just glad I can have a high quality valk in my hands in the end.

I consider Ozma and Roy's to be the same scheme. Close enough. (I mean, Ozma's was clearly DESIGNED to look like Roy's,

What??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

After your statement in the Joe thread about Falcon not being Falcon because it didn't match the movie colors?

i'm shocked David Hingten :lol: :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

I didn't feel the need to mention him. :) Of course, if Sheryl attends a few more pilot classes, she could get a pink valk or something. Best though would be Nanase in a purple one...

Dunno why, but I like the idea of a pink VF25... :)

I consider Ozma and Roy's to be the same scheme. Close enough. (I mean, Ozma's was clearly DESIGNED to look like Roy's, it's not sheer coincidence, just like Mikhail's looks like Max's and Alto's looks like Hikaru's)

Agree fully, and with what Graham said bout Luca...

Heck, even the pilots personalities are almost the same. Ozma the leader, Mikhail the precise and collective one, whilst Alto has complex emotions and is reckless.

Though Luca is far from being loud and fat... Guess there's a chance of a Kakizaki reincarnation appearing in a sandy yellow Vf25 soon?

Edited by Omegablue

Regarding those new batroid pics.

Is it me, are do the upper part of the legs appear they just have a sculpted seam, instead it being two pieces for it to bend forward?

Regarding those new batroid pics.

Is it me, are do the upper part of the legs appear they just have a sculpted seam, instead it being two pieces for it to bend forward?

They're prototypes so it could just be a sculpted detail now but an actual joint on the finished model.

These are too nice to pass up. The heads still appear a bit funny, but I hope the end result is well worth it.

Does anyone know if Bandai will produce their own version of the Konig Monster? I just really like the scheme.

I REALLY hope they do. I love the design but the yamato version was definitely rushed out the door.