VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE MACROSS PLUS CASES!.

Follow this link to place your order...

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/macross.html

Congrats to AlphaHX for winning the "box on me" competition, and thanks for all your hard work!

Here are the final two designs you can choose from...

Plus1.jpeg

or

Plus2.jpeg

YES - YOU CAN STILL GET THE SDF MACROSS CASES! :D

Just follow the link below to get pricing information, and submit your order to Paul for the case of your choice.

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/macross.html

Thanks for all of your interest!.

YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING TWO DESIGNS:

by Dangard Ace - For the Character/Art lovers

M2test3.jpg

By Blaine 23 - For the Mech Heads

bcase.jpeg

For those of you who are not familiar with Paul Champagne's stuff, follow this link.

Paul Champagne Anime DVD Keepcases

He is the guy that did the official ADV box sets for Gasaraki, and Evangelion.

I contacted Paul and asked if he would be willing to take on a commission of a Macross World Exclusive DVD keep case for either the SDF Macross series, or Macross Plus. Additionally, since we have so many photoshop masters around here, I asked if we could design our own images. These sets would be individually numbered, and since we can design them, could contain whatever images we want on them, and I would imagine with Graham and Shawn's permission of course, the MW Logo somewhere.

His response was very enthusiastic...

Hello,

that is an excellent idea. The best part of my work is working closely with

fans of a particular series in an effort to come up with that "perfect" case

;)

Please go ahead with your poll. If enough people are interested, maybe we

could set up some kind of pre-order. I would be willing to offer a discount

to those who participate and both number and limit the case to give it a

certain collectible value..

I will be happy to go into further details if needed. Please feel free to

keep me posted on the project.

Thank you for the interest

So, please indicate here if you would be interested in obtaining a Macross World Exclusive DVD Keepcase for your SDF Macross (Animeigo) set, or for the Mac Plus OVA & Movie, or both.

If there is sufficient interest, then I will get the image requirements from him, and we can start hashing out an image design.

I am volunteering to handle this thing entirely, so all we have to do for now is indicate that we are interested, and I will tally up the numbers, and relay them to him to get price info. I am not affiliated with him in any way, and do not stand to make any money on this. I am doing this solely to see us finally get something that's ours.

Mods, can we get this pinned? Also, I figured it would get the most traffic in the toys forum.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Great idea,

I'd be up for both of them.

The previous SDF Macross box he made was sweet. If we can get a new customed one, that'd be even better. A Macross Plus box would be an added bonus.

The link to Paul Champagne's website worked fine for me.

Edited by Anubis

I think it's a great idea. If the price is relatively cheap. How much money do you think were looking at? I can see spending 20-30$.

By the way. The link is dead.

His boxes range from about $25 to $50 dollars depending on how many DVD's they hold etc.

As he mentioned in his e-mail, if there is sufficient interest, he will offer us a discount.

DA, thanks for the pinnage.

Just to clarify: The SDF Macross box is supposed to be for 12 discs, right? Not a typo?

That's a good idea, so the 9 Animeigo SDF Macross DVD's + Fx's DYRL, FB 2012, and 20th anniversary discs will all fit.

Just the 9 would still be fine though.

Edited by Anubis

Just to clarify:  The SDF Macross box is supposed to be for 12 discs, right?  Not a typo?

That's a good idea, so the 9 Animeigo SDF Macross DVD's + Fx's DYRL, FB 2012, and 20th anniversary discs will all fit.

Just the 9 would still be fine though.

I don't know how many the animeigo set contained. Edit: Paul has informed me that the maximum sizehe can make one case is 12 DVD's. So that would be large enough for the 9 Animeigo, DYRL, FB2012

and the 20th Anniv.

I was going to ask about that as well. Would we prefer a box just big enough for the series?, or for the series, plus DYRL, FB2012 and the 20th anniv?.

BTW - Here is the Macross case designed by Paul.

This is not what ours would look like, this is an existing case.

dvd_macross.jpg[

If anyone has any ideas for the box design, post em up here.... We can go complete custom on this I think, so we should get some images we all can vote on. Also, if anyone has any Mac Plus box ideas, post em here as well.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I don't know how many the animeigo set contained. Edit: Paul has informed me that the maximum sizehe can make one case is 12 DVD's. So that would be large enough for the 9 Animeigo, DYRL, FB2012

and the 20th Anniv.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would be a tragedy for SDF Macross to have such a lavish box while DYRL, FB 2012, and the 20th Anni. disc all flopping around by their lonesome selves. :) Out of all the series, they fit best with SDF Macross. Here's one vote for a 12 disc box set.

I am up for one, can he do custom jobs to specification too?

Perhaps for macross pluss something that shows gulds and isamu's rivalry I dunno maybe one shot outline of half of Isamu's face the other half of guld or something??

I've always loved the image of isamu standing in a field, with his hand up towards the sky like he's flying - the pose that Tony had his Isamu figure in - have that on the spine of the case, and maybe the YF-19 on one face, and the YF-21 on the other...

i'm down for a 12-disc box for sdf,dyrl?,flashback & 20th. i haven't decided what i'd like to see on the plus box,but i definatley think the macrossworld logo should be somewere on both boxes.

Nah. I'm out.

No offense to Paul, who seems to be able to design a pretty decent box, but my interest has always rested more on what's on an actual DVD and not what the shell looks like. $25-30 is money I can spend on at least two more DVDs or another toy.

Good luck, though! It is really cool that he's willing to supply a discount if enough people sign up. (hint- everyone chip in and get him copies of the films as a gift as well, if he doesn't already have them)

I have to agree with Drewbie... I'm not a fan of custom DVD cases... mainly because with your DVDs on the shelf, no one can see the case... I like to read the spines. Plus, it's a bit extravagent.

I might change my mind if the finished product was really mind-numbingly good and the price was nice... but I think it's a great idea for those of you who like custom cases.

I've heard nothing but great things about Paul's work. How could anybody not be a complete pimp when your last name is "Champagne?"

[pimp] "Don't worry baby, Champagne's gonna take extra special care of your needs..." [/pimp] :D

Great idea... I'm interested but I'd like to see what the final product design would look like.

I'm definitely interested in both (12 disc sdf macross dvds and 3 disc M+ dvds), and provided that the prices are reasonable I'll definitely be getting them. And a definite yes to a MW exclusive numbered cases. :)

Joe P.

Edited by Dragon Lord

I'd probably get both. Hey, where do those DVDs come from with the artwork already on them? My Animeigos don't look anything like that. Is that an HK release?

Thanks!

H

If The art is good I would definately consider picking one of these up. That would be uber cool!

And as for Ideas for what to put on it Just look in the art section of this site. There are lots of quality pics there So I think we should use some of those.

Perhaps... (Sorry I think it's too big)

post-4-1075764410_thumb.jpg

Edited by Father Jack

I don't get it... Who would want this? The DVDs I have already came in a case... That one is good enough.

This is for those that want something exclusive to Macross World.

Some people here have been trying for years to get Yamato to make an MW Exclusive valk toy etc etc.

This is something that is inexpensive, and can be customized not only to our specifications, but for a few dollars more, your specifications.

Imagine a nice brushed aluminum DVD keepcase for your animeigo series complete with the Macross World logo, and sporting your "I love myself" avatar somewhere on it. We could even get you a little brass doorknob to put on it somewhere! :o

C'mon, I find it hard to believe that someone as narcissistic as you wouldn't want something like this. :lol:

I don't get it... Who would want this?  The DVDs I have already came in a case... That one is good enough.

I don't get it. Why have a nice leatherbound edition of The Lord of the Rings when this beat-up paperback works just fine?

I don't get it. Why frame that poster so nicely when just nailing it to the wall works just as well?

I don't get it. Why wear that stylish leather jacket when this burlap sack keeps me just as warm?

Some of us like to "embroider" or enhance the things we love. . . nothing wrong with enhancing the appearance of the DVD cases.

I mean, really, by your standard, why would the people distributing DVDs put any effort into their packaging at all. Why not just send them out in plain paper CD-Envelopes?

Some find the Animeigo DVDs pretty darn ugly. . . and they wish something more colorful and fancy had been done.

To each their own. . .

H

Edited by Hurin

I liked the Animeigo covers just fine.

However, a brushed metal artbox with gorgeous cover art enshrining my Macross collection would rock. Add in another sweet artbox for Macross Plus for bonus.

I'm thinking about inquiring on a Crest/Banner of the Stars Artbox eventually. Need a cheap month to do that though.