The Trailer for Batman Begins is OUT!

Anubis

This looks like a much more reserved and darker costume than the other Batman live action productions. I like the smaller ears and the less obvious symbols. While I do like Tim Burton's flair for the strange and retro, I think this film will take a much more serious look at the psychology of the Batman/Bruce Wayne character and hopefully weave a very interesting detective thriller...something that oddly enough has not yet been done with Batman on film. He is, after all, the worlds greatest detective (no disrespect to good ole Holmes of course) :)

Edited by Mr March

This looks like a much more reserved and darker costume than the other Batman live action productions.  I like the smaller ears and the less obvious symbols.  While I do like Tim Burton's flair for the strange and retro, I think this film will take a much more serious look at the psychology of the Batman/Bruce Wayne character and hopefully weave a very interesting detective thriller...something that oddly enough has not yet been done with Batman on film.  He is, after all, the worlds greatest detective (no disrespect to good ole Holmes of course) :)

Hey, how can Holm's compete? I mean Batman has an awesome uniform, fighting moves, great car, chicks dig the car *ducks from all the tomatoes thrown at him for using a Batman Forever reference*, and he has awesome equipment! Whats does Holms have? His lil hat, a pip, and Watson :p

Has anyone mentioned what villins are being used in this movie?

Edited by GobotFool

Those ears bother me a bit. They look a little too wide at the bottom for their size. From the side, they look relatively fine except they sit a little too far back for my tastes. From the off-center shots, they look a little too meshed in with the head, only leaving a little bit of skull cap.

ex. see attached

Notice how Jim Lee makes the top of his head more round.

batimage2.jpg

Notice here the top of the head doesn't look as round. Although it might be the angle but I think it might be due to the ears being so wide at the bottom.

post-26-1083480698_thumb.jpg

Edited by azrael

I like those fan renderings! As for the villians.....the main baddie will be Raj Al Gul (spelling?) :blink: with scarecrow cameo at the begining I think.

As for the other Bat-movies: I liked the first one when it came out...however I remember being a little disappointed still, at the time. I guess I forced myself to like most of them except Batman and robin, because I was a fan.....but now....cant stand any of them! Might as well watch Adam West!!!

Not sure who said it but they were correct in there assesment of the previous films, with how the Batman was a secondary character in them..I hated that!!!! Plus why do they need 2 villians in them? I don't get it. Plus killing most of them off in the end. :angry:

The final thing that was wrong that I hope that they get right this time was how he fought. Even though the suit LOOKED pretty good it wasn't body armor!!!! they had him walking up to people they shot him he falls down and then gets up and fights them. Batman was a martial artist of the highest order. I remember in one comic he described someone trying to shoot him as being "nearly impoissible to get a bead on me once I am moving." THAT aspect was a little better in Batman Forever.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From everything I've read, they're doing this one right.

They're also doing a new Batman animated series which also sounds promising. This is from an old friend of mine who was at the ComicCon in LA just a few days ago.

I didn't see The Batman cartoon, but I talked to some folks who did and they said that it was pretty cool.  It takes place early in Batman's career, before the other Batman the Animated Series, and it will have a new voice.  This is all supposed to go along with the new Batman Begins movie.  So it is a younger Batman.  And they are supposedly going to revamp a lot of the villains.  So there will be a new look for Joker, Man Bat, blah blah blah.

Kevin Conroy will still be the voice of the current Batman, on the Justice League Unlimited cartoons on the cartoon network.  So kids may get a little confused but the more Batman the better I always say.

They said that they are done with the Batman Beyond series.  So we won't have a third Batman anymore.  Too bad, I liked that series.

The guys who are working on The Batman cartoon are a little nervous because the old series really set the bar high.

I'm sorry if this is seen as a thread hijack (I highlighted the reference to the movie above to make it relevant!). But I figured anyone interested in the movie would have a high likelihood of being interested in this news as well.

I agree with my friend: The more Batman, the better. As long as it's not the campy type. :)

H

Bale is gonna be a great batman. I wonder will we see a young Bruce frightened by a seemingly mystical giant bat ala Miller's Dark Knight returns. Nice trailer BTW.

I have faith in this movie, Good Director, Great casting, but so far from what I've seen in pictures, the Batsuit and the Batmobile look like crap.

But the movie will probably rock!

Where the hell is George Clooney??? Come on people! Why is everyone accepting this? Clooney was the best Batman since Adam West!!! :D Seriously, I say this knowing that I'm going to see it regardless of bad reviews ... but the trailer really doesn't give me anything. Hard to give a final yay or nay on so little information. I've always been a fan of Christian Bale (American Psycho was excellent). And this movie is going to benefit from the lack of neon purple or green.

That trailer had atmosphere to burn. Wow. I must say, this film is taking shape nicely. If anyone can pull together a decent Bat film, it's Nolan and company. I'lld be eager to see the result (and just as eager to express any disappointment) :)

Am I the only one who dislikes the suit? :|

It looks like a mix of robocop and Kamen Rider.

And the shape of the head and ears is looking very very weird.

I would go for a more amateur look. Screw this armor thing. I can't figure anybody making acrobatic moves and jumping buildings on that thing.

The suit they use on the fanmovie "Dead End" looks much more Batman IMHO.

Nice, serious trailer. Bale sounds good for the part so far. I like.

only thing that bothers me about the suit is that the batman sign is blended in with the suit. It's gotta stand out more or be a different color or something. :p:D:lol: