"Stealth" aboard USS Abraham Lincoln

Jessica Biel + in a flight suit!:o = great movieĀ  :lol:

IN? how about out the flight suit, even better~!!!!! she is kind of hot.

:p Obviously not part of the MWFFFF... Macrossworld Females in Flightsuit Fetish Fanclub. :D

You know, they could have just built a YF-23 mock-up and used that. That looks "next-gen stealth". It'll still look next-gen, 2 generations from now. The only people who'd recognize it would be people like us, and we'd appreciate it. Everyone else would think it's just a really cool looking fake plane. :)

nah.. they don't want to do that. The last thing that the AF wants to happen is to drum up popular support for the YF-23, then they'll never be able to get rid of Northrop again :p

Thought of one more thing:

They get 1 point for using a model, and not CG. The only thing worse than bad fake planes, are bad fake CG planes. Airliners tend to suffer the most by far when they have CG stand-ins though, people just don't care/know. Fighter jets tend to get more care. Man, you NEVER see real nor model airliners on screen nowadays, its' all CG, and woefully bad CG at that. "Sorry, DC-10 flaps are double-slotted, and can't move to 45 degrees up" And you can't have fiberglass parts polished to a bright reflective metallic shine, even if it is American Airlines...

AGH! he beat me to it!!! :p

Maybe Jessica Alba could be her RIO.....the possibilities are endless!!! :lol:

The two could be piloting a Sopwith Camel and I'd be there. :D

AGH! he beat me to it!!! :p

Maybe Jessica Alba could be her RIO.....the possibilities are endless!!! :lol:

The two could be piloting a Sopwith Camel and I'd be there. :D

probably humping along aswell... what do you expect... someone's gotta say it... now get off that camel.

With that in mind I was excited till I saw the above and now remain to the thought that flight of intruder and topgun are the onyl good military aviation movies

:huh: Ah Shin, you forgot The Final Countdown. Cheesy movie concept but worth it just to see the Jolly Rogers in action. ;) And the real Jolly Rogers at that...not those "sluggers" who inherited the bones. :ph34r:

:huh: Ah Shin, you forgot The Final Countdown. Cheesy movie concept but worth it just to see the Jolly Rogers in action. ;) And the real Jolly Rogers at that...not those "sluggers" who inherited the bones. :ph34r:

Especially if you have the special 2 disc dvd...interviews with them as well.

Description of Stealth from the Internet Movie Database -

"Deeply ensconced in a top-secret military program, three pilots struggle to bring an artificial intelligence program under control ... before it initiates the next world war."

Terminator anyone?

Description of Stealth from the Internet Movie Database -

"Deeply ensconced in a top-secret military program, three pilots struggle to bring an artificial intelligence program under control ... before it initiates the next world war."

Terminator anyone?

Oh I can't wait for the part when they get ambushed by a squad of QFs, and the lead fighter sends them a transmission saying "You are slated for termination." In a heavy Austrian accent.

Why does the Airforce have control over the prototype YF-23's? Aren't they the property of their original contractor? (Sorry, I don't remember right now which company it was.)

looking at those pictures, I wonder how many were itching to press

the "Catapult Release Button"

*Schhhhwooooooshhhhh.........splash:lol::lol::lol:

Since it is only a model, I'm sure the catapult would just rip it to shreds. An "accidental launch" would be pretty funny, though. :lol:

looking at those pictures, I wonder how many were itching to press

the "Catapult Release Button"

*Schhhhwooooooshhhhh.........splash:lol:Ā  :lol:Ā  :lol:

Since it is only a model, I'm sure the catapult would just rip it to shreds. An "accidental launch" would be pretty funny, though. :lol:

Great Outtake.

Why does the Airforce have control over the prototype YF-23's? Aren't they the property of their original contractor? (Sorry, I don't remember right now which company it was.)

Because it was developed FOR the airforce. ATF was for the most part air force. Navy pulled out early on when costs for the percieved naval variant arose. All the requirements were put by the airforce noone else.

so for the most part the airforce owns it.

BTW nightbat that would be awesome if someone launched that POS into the ocean.

ahh firefox......awesome movie and that artwork...man that plane rocks.

and yes melissa I did forget countdown, thanks for bringin it up, can't believe i forgot about my fav squadron! wait that and executive decision,.,..,skulland bones as well!!

the plot for this movie is way too un original. AI running amock is a common concern amongst the entire populace who knows of AI. genre has been done to death for eons. from terminator to macross plus, those 2 being cool this movie seemingly crappy.

oh yea jessioca biel would look awesome in a flightsuit....hopefully she poses for MAXIM near the end of the movie's shooting.

as i said before, even though if ther was a topgun 2 maverick would just have to shoot more migs and be a topgun instructor, I still think a potential topgun 2 would be way better than this garbage./

Top Gun 2 should have come out in like 1990. Plot and explanation to the audience is simple:

"Maverick's now flying the F-14D Super Tomcat. 40% more power than his old jet."

There. And blow some stuff up.

The time for a sequel has long passed.

Top Gun 2 should have come out in like 1990. Plot and explanation to the audience is simple:

"Maverick's now flying the F-14D Super Tomcat. 40% more power than his old jet."

There. And blow some stuff up.

The time for a sequel has long passed.

yes but still it would be much better than this movie. topgun i think wasnt really good for sequel material. But I just think a s2equel wqould fare much better than "stealth" the movie.

oh man. can you believe the marketing campaign that would surround topgun 2 if it came out? gijoe licensed skystrikers in maverick's paint scheme, more publicity for the F-14D super tomcat programme, licensed diecast 1/72+ models.....

ahh yes we can dream.

Argh Top Gun, that movie was complete and utter crap, I mean my god the F-5F as the Mig-28, the birdie scene. I'm sorry I hate that movie, I liked it as a kid, thought it was so cool, but once I came of age, sorry I can't watch it anymore. Of course I will admit that part of my hatred of that movie comes from where I worked in college, the trainees always wanted to watch that and live it. When we flew aggressor there was one comment that would garuntee us shooting down a trainee, "I'll hit the breaks and he'll fly right by." If the grader heard that over the radio that was it, that trainee was dead, no ifs ands or butts.

As for the YF-23, Northrup owns one, the Air Force the other, it was sold to the, as is common with most multiple prototypes, the company will retain a few for development testing and the military the other for their own. Heck the Navy has one of the old YA-9s and its out at China Lake for munitons testing, in other words they shoot if full of holes all day long when they get a new gun.

They never would have hooked that POS model up to the catapult if the cat was charged. Even if then if they hook it up with the catapult not being charged I garuntee it wouldn't be for long.

Man final countdown was an awesome movie, one of the few time travel storylines I actually liked. Yes the movie is cheesy as all get out but you have to love it, the Nimitz goes back in time and when it realizes where and when it is has to decide whether or not to avert Pearl Harbor.

Firefox was another great movie, and the design was actually believable as well as cool looking. Very nice lines on a clean airframe. "Remember to think in Russian" Hmm, the Firefox against the YF-21, two mind controlled planes, hmmm. That's it the Firefox needs to show up in this stealth movie, then it and this "Switchblade concept" rip off can fight the evil AI fighters. The Switchblade then go to save an old friend held hostage at the AI's seperate core leaving the Firefox to fight the AI fighter and only beat it by running into it. Oh wait, sorry that was Macross Plus wasn't it?

Firefox was another great movie, and the design was actually believable as well as cool looking. Very nice lines on a clean airframe. "Remember to think in Russian" Hmm, the Firefox against the YF-21, two mind controlled planes, hmmm. That's it the Firefox needs to show up in this stealth movie, then it and this "Switchblade concept" rip off can fight the evil AI fighters. The Switchblade then go to save an old friend held hostage at the AI's seperate core leaving the Firefox to fight the AI fighter and only beat it by running into it. Oh wait, sorry that was Macross Plus wasn't it?

Do Blue Thunder and/or Airwolf factor into this plan anywhere? :p

PS- In the original poster's picture, you can see a camouflaged F/A-18C. That's Aircraft 22 from our squadron. It kind of has a funny camouflage scheme. The pattern is jagged, reminding me of some Russian style camos. Also, the choice of colors is weird: The same used by many of the USMC CH-46's & Super Cobras: Grey & Dark Green. To make it even more weird, the modex is gloss red with yellow trim... along with the Soviet red star on the vertical stabs. I tell you, we have some weird schemes in our command.

Oh no, not Russian planes that are actually Western planes with Russian paint schemes... Nooooooo!!!

(Anyone remembered the 'Sovjet' planes in the eighties' movies?)

If that 2nd gen. stealth-looking planes doesn't do Kyuuun-Kyuuun, Kyuuun-Kyuuun, it's a bad design, bad movie.

AH no, not more MiG-28s, I mean come on how easy would it be for them to get some actual foreign airframes now. You know as bad as it is at least Iron Eagle used an actual foreign plane as its MiG, the Isreali Kfir. I will give them props for that. Of course the fact that they used F-4s with painted over rear canopies for MiGs in the second movie in execusable.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved how they called them "MiG-28's" when no MiG has ever had an even number for it's model designation :lol:

Anyway, the new stealth plane is interesting. It must be a switchblade ripoff because the wings look folded forward.

Still looks ugly has all get out.

Vostok 7

Man I hate to bring more attention to this but a guy from work just sent me the following link.

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php?topic=804.0

It shows that fugly, stupidly designed POS being craned off the deck of the Lincoln during a stop over at North Island in San Diego, CA. There is one shot that shows the landing gear pretty well, the mains appear to be stolen right off an F/A-18 from what I can see. The front gear, I don't know it looks way too complex and therefore heavy, it looks somewhat familiar but I can't figure out why. This was posted on an airshow ethusiasts webiste, and some of these guys actually think the plane looks good, thank goodness the last two guys point out that is it crap, otherwise DH and I might have to register and set them straight.

Looking at those clearer picts, it really wouldn't be that bad if the forward section was more like the YF-23. The way it is would make a good space fighter, but in all practicality, for an air fighter the cockpit visibility sucks ass.

Vostok 7

Of course you can clearly see that that bluge aft and to either side of the cockpit are twin machine guns. Movies in general tend to hate assymetry, so if a gun is one side there must another on the other side right? Class what was the last plane, anywhere that had two guns installed? Last I remember it was, the Mirage 2000, I don't think that even the EF-2000 or Rafale have twin cannons anymore. Mind you I am all about using guns air to air, but twin guns on what is suppossed to be a modern, or near future plane makes no sense, especially on a US plane where we seem to be forever chained to the vulcan.

hollywood has been pretty retarded for quite a while, i'm supprised you guys are so shocked they'd get the subtle nuances of a fictional airplane done right.

there are so manythings wrong with this mockup just in the cockpit area. visibility, over all design, flight suit/helmet (i mean, they're ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER, JUST GRAB A REAL HELMIT!) and like someone was mentioning on the other boards. "all those seams and forward edges, what is stealthy about this thing?"

i do however give MASSIVE props to the moviemakers for not going CG with it. very cool in that respect.

That front landing gear - F-111, maybe? :huh:

Those guns are in an interesting place - just right to ruin the pilots night-vision when fired!

I don't think its an overly bad design for a "movie" fighter, but its various bits just don't fit together well - the tailplanes look very out of place. It could have done with a much more "blended" look.