"Stealth" aboard USS Abraham Lincoln

That front landing gear - F-111, maybe? :huh:

Those guns are in an interesting place - just right to ruin the pilots night-vision when fired!

I don't think its an overly bad design for a "movie" fighter, but its various bits just don't fit together well - the tailplanes look very out of place. It could have done with a much more "blended" look.

tha blackbird from X men 2 OWNS this plane. Same with eastwppd's firefox...man that ruled. Also any of the ARAH 1980's gijoe planes and even the new thunderwing own this as well. Some kid probably designed this. Not to brag but I can come up with something more realistic and stealthy and air superiority with swing wings and make it look tons beter than this. I dont understand how you can evben picture this thing to be a dogfighter when the cockpit has no rear visibility and it just doesnt make sense aerodynamically. For god's sake get someone who is at least an aviation enthusiast to design this!

• 8 months later...

I might be jumping the gun a bit but this looks like another Independance Day movie. Great special effects but with a brainless plot.

Will smith is now Jamie Fox. B))

Although, I'll take Jessica Beal over "cuntry boy" any day. Oh momma!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by MGREXX

God that fighter is ugly. When i first saw the traler for the movie i could tell this was gonna be another no plot all special effects summer crap storm movie. Looks like jamie foxx has run outa luck :(

Edited by Fort

Firefox was at least believable. THis new one is too....i duno, out there.

Well, what do you expect from the same guy who directed The Fast and the Furious and xXx?

Jessica Biel: "Nice plane. What's the retail value of it?"

Pilot: "More than you can afford, pal. F-117."

Jamie Foxx: "Smoke 'em."

--

Josh Lucas: "Ask any pilot, any real pilot. It don't matter if it's by an inch or a mile..."

Firefox was at least believable.  THis new one is too....i duno, out there.

Well, what do you expect from the same guy who directed The Fast and the Furious and xXx?

Jessica Biel: "Nice plane. What's the retail value of it?"

Pilot: "More than you can afford, pal. F-117."

Jamie Foxx: "Smoke 'em."

--

Josh Lucas: "Ask any pilot, any real pilot. It don't matter if it's by an inch or a mile..."

you forgot the race part where it take seconds but due to movie magic it takes up 20 miniutes.

Starting a petition to rename this thread "'Crap' aboard USS Abraham Lincoln".

[wearily]

Duke, you want to rename everything on this board to "Crap", or something related tp "Crap". Give it a rest already.

[/wearily]

Your lack of an avatar is crap, as is this movie.

I finally seen the "Stealth" trailer on PSP on the Spiderman2 UMD. Couldn't Grand Theft Hollwood think of a better movie than ripoff Mac+ and Yukikaze? Top Gun, Firefox and Final Countdown:hits, Stealth:Miss

Edited by gerwalk25

so thats from a movie?

its already gonna blow, they have a female pilot.

any movie that intergrates females into male roles instantly jumps the shark.

the plane doesn't look that bad though.. ;)

so thats from a movie?

its already gonna blow, they have a female pilot.

any movie that intergrates females into male roles instantly jumps the shark.

the plane doesn't look that bad though.. ;)

You are a complete idiot, reverse both your statements and it might make sense, the plane is garbage, poorly designed, and FYI women actually make better combat pilots then men, better able to pull G's, better multi-taskers, can track more targets visually, and tend to keep their head better, need I go on?

damn, I just got done watching the trailer. looks pretty cool. such a yukikaze/macross+ rip off though.. jeezus christ. the plane design looks pretty cool though. looks realistic.

and they totally blew it by making one of the pilots a female.. I hate that part about hollywood these days, everythings gotta be so PC. sucks all the "true action flick" potential or credibility out of it by having a female in a leading role. so gay..

You are a complete idiot, reverse both your statements and it might make sense, the plane is garbage, poorly designed, and FYI women actually make better combat pilots then men, better able to pull G's, better multi-taskers, can track more targets visually, and tend to keep their head better, need I go on?

hahaha damn Turbo cool your jets.

its my OPINION that the plane looks cool. your is different. get over it.

and for a MOVIE I don't think its cool to have a female in an action role. gone are the days of movies like Predator and Top Gun.

in 2005 you gotta have men and women doing everything the same.. and I think it just turns the movie into a 2 hour joke after that point.

and as far as your OPINION on the other stuff you said at the end of your post?

none I've ever known pal. :rolleyes:

Edited by Panzer

Uh Panzer, for the record, I remember Knight either in my big super thread or elsewhere talking about his distaste for Top Gun.

And he designs missles(last time I recall if I remember correctly, it had something to do with aerospace), so the man obviously knows his stuff.

As far as the plane, a vast majority of us here think it sucks. MOST diehard fighter jockey fans HATE that design. When you said it looked realistic, I cringed. It looks like the Klingon bird of pray mated with the Switchblade artist representation from that one issue from popular mechanics.

For a fighter,

WHY does it have worse rearward visibility than the latest russian fighters, hell fighters in general? THIS is futuristic? Also there are a bunch of other things, I can't bother looking since I am short on time. The design is crap. At least with topgun you had a real plane. And at least in macross plus, you had a designer who actually KNEW what he was doing. This movie? Good luck to the mechanical designer of the plane when he shows up trying to promote the movie lets say at the national air and space center or to actual fighter jocks and defense contractors in the military. Top gun, and flight of the intruder, KNOWN popular movies, racking in millions, MOCKED by many in the actual military. If you think those can be looked at in disdain(I actually like both) then imagine what they wil say about stealth.

And I would say what he said at the end was most likely fact. He's worked with people in the business. I'm sure if anyone would know, he would know. Or David.

Jessica Biel is the only good thing.

well he could have fooled me about the "missle design" job part. he blew his top like a 16 year old girl... :rolleyes:

and I don't know, I think you're taking this film too seriously. its already been made. none of you are the technical or creative directors for the film. and I'm sure worse airplane movies have been made. so if it doesn't look cool, don't see it.

as far as all the "rear visibility" stuff is concerned, if this was the air force's new plane and you seriously thought this was an issue send them a letter or something.

but in the meantime its just a damn movie guys ;)

We all realize it is a movie, but if your going to do something, research it. I mean the reason Macross Plus did so well was that while the planes were so futuristic they also had a hint of "hey that WORKS!", to them. "Stealth" comes across to me as a half assed attempt to capitilize on the look of stealth fighters. Top gun worked back then because as a movie, they kind of did it right. Firefox too. see with firefox the plane LOOKED like it could fly, and it certainly came across as an interceptor. When I see the plane in stealth, I am like "what the hell?" The AI plane in it resembles the F-19 so I will give them credit there. But otherwise NO. It's like putting a frame and chassis backwards on the main characters car in fast and the furious and saying its so highly advanced.

I could really care less. I don't expect much out of Hollywood these days. I think the Lord of the Rings was a fine trilogy, Saving Private Ryan and Gladiator was cool, but beyond those films I can't think of anything that I've liked much in the last 5 years or so of going to the movies...

Edited by Panzer

I read this entire thread and all i can ask or say about anything on these pages is...

Druna where did you get the cat pic in your avatar it looks like my old cat Baby. He was pure white with 1 blue eye ,1green eye. He was also deaf and diabetic to boot.

THE PLANE SUX. I wouldnt put an AIM9X on the thing but i sure hope someone puts a AIM120 into the mechanical designer airliner on his way back to hollywood. I still love the YF-23 personally its the closest thing to haveing the YF-21 airframe in actual existanc. :D

well he could have fooled me about the "missle design" job part. he blew his top like a 16 year old girl...  :rolleyes:

That's really funny considering the only one whining like a 16 year old girl here is you. But then that would be a major insult to all whiney 16 year old girls to have you in their camp.

BTW your "opinion" was a blatant attempt to start a flame war but only resulted in you looking like a major jackass. It seems you had gone to that class to stick both your penis and your foot into your idiotic mouth afterall.

Edited by Jemstone

Let's clear a few things up regarding my last post a few following:

SHin you were just a little off on what I do for a living: I am the Resident Aerospace Engineer assigned to the Rolling Aiframe Missile Guided Missile Launcher In Service Engineering Branch, of the Port Hueneme Division of the Naval Surface Warfare Center. Or the RAE-RAM-GMLS-ISEA-NAVSEA-PHD, but that is a really ugly accronym and most people don't get it, nor understand why a few letters change and change position.

In regards to the design of the "stealth" plane. From an aerodynamic standpoint, it is garbage, from a stealth standpoint it is garbage (it has greeblies [useless adds just added to the model to look good] for god's sake). From an astethic standpoint, well I've thrown up chunks of stomach lining that looked better then that.

Now in regards to the virtues of female pilots. I base my comments on a good friend of mines master thesis on flight physiology on the differences between the sexes when it comes flying. He had a really cool title for it but I can't remember it, that same paper got him his PHD before he went on to get his MD. His paper did prove that women can pull G's better then men, mostly this due to how their lower abdomonal muscles are constructed. Being made to push out babies the muscles can deliver blood to the brain better when excuting the good old M1 manuever. Women have long been proven to be better multi-taskers then men and in a combat cockpit this is essential with the flood information a pilot recieves. Target tracking comes from the multi-tasking ability. As for keeping their heads better in a crisis, believe it or not most women, who are not coddled and forced in little girl roles, actually do keep their head better and tend not to target fixate. Note I say most. This is primarily because most female pilots, aside from those out to prove themselves and their sex, tend not to let ego get in the way of their accomplishing the mission.

I helped him with some of his research, which included work in simulators, actual aircraft, and centrifuges, only time I ever G-locked was when I went head to head in the 'fuge with my ex-gf. I have also dated two female pilots, one who is now the in the air force as a First Assignment Instructor Pilot, and has been rated their top instructor for the last year and a half. And, the other who is a hornet driver down in San Diego. I also have many male pilot friends, and I myself am a civilian pilot, and most, once the egos are set aside will admit that women tend to make equal, if not at times, better pilots.

And Panzer your idiocy regarding adding women to the roles of action films is just flawed beyond belief, especially in this case. Current projections show that in the next 20-30 years 1 in 4 or 5 (depending on the study) combat pilots will be women. So for a movie that takes place near future it would not be surprising that a trio of ace pilots would have a woman as one of their number.

Overall the movie looks like the typical driven by the special effects POS that hollywood loves to turn out. It looks like at its core it once had a decent, maybe even good, storyline that was lost once the moron who made the Fast and Furious (another POS movie) came onboard, at least Vin Diesel isn't in it.

There I have said my piece for now, you want to make personnal attacks on me Panzer take it off the boards.

Druna where did you get the cat pic in your avatar it looks like my old cat Baby. He was pure white with 1 blue eye ,1green eye. He was also deaf and diabetic to boot.

That's Casper, my overgrown Manx cat back home. He's all white, has yellow eyes and an attitude. Ain't that right Brian?

Interesting quote in your sig, where does it come from. YOu know maybe its me but when people have a quote in their sig they really should put the source.

It came from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

This isn't a research paper so I don't give a crap if people (Or I) put the sources of their sigs. I don't have to worry about getting kicked out of school.

I just care about the source so I know where it comes from, not for grading purposes. I sometimes pick up random quotes and use them in various things, mostly unofficial, but its nice to have the source in case someone asks.

well he could have fooled me about the "missle design" job part. he blew his top like a 16 year old girl...  :rolleyes:

That's really funny considering the only one whining like a 16 year old girl here is you. But then that would be a major insult to all whiney 16 year old girls to have you in their camp.

BTW your "opinion" was a blatant attempt to start a flame war but only resulted in you looking like a major jackass. It seems you had gone to that class to stick both your penis and your foot into your idiotic mouth afterall.

such a loser.. always trying to pick fights with me on here. this thread was civil until the girl had to post and get all pissed off and start calling people names. typical.

get a life please :rolleyes:

such a loser.. always trying to pick fights with me on here. this thread was civil until the girl had to post and get all pissed off and start calling people names. typical.

get a life please :rolleyes:

I rest my case. Honestly, I don't get why you haven't been banned yet for your trolling.