Gamespot has new Robotech: Invasion pics

Is it me, or are the wheels on that Ride Armor a little small?

The graphics look flashy at first, but the proof will be the full motion gameplay. zi'm holding judgement until I see that.

It looks small because the tires are lower down in Battloid mode than what we see in the anime and lineart.

One thing I love are the little dings and paint chips I can see on that Cyclone. It makes the armour look used and with slapped-together maintanance. Just right for a game like this :)

Well I hope they spruce it up for the final game. The screenshots show bad anti-aliasing and the textures look abit...uhhh....dated.

I agree. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I do think the graphics looked dated. Too blocky. Also the way that gun is held by the guy is angled awkwardly. In the end it doesn't matter to me much because I don't play console games.

vinnie

So far doesn't look so bad. I'm more interested in the ride armor than the legoiss anyway, so no problem with me if its Mospeaeda's only.

I hate still pictures. It makes it look bad and to blocky. What I want to see is a full motion image of the gameplay. That's what is need to really see what the game is like. I hope the game doesn't take place all the time in bland settings like that.

Wow, though I am a PC Game player, that actually looks worth checking out, thanx for the update.

What IS anti-aliasing, anyway?

Anti-aliasing is a process that reduces the "jaggies" on a model. When you look at a line that is not horizontal or vertical in a 3d game on a 3d model, there's lots of little horizontal and vertical lines that represent the full line. This is really noticable on low polygon models and in low resolutions.

ALL THINGS A SIDE....

THE ONLY THING I DO NOT LIKE IS THE 8 PLAYER ONLINE GAMING.

THATS 4 VS'S 4

WISH IT WAS 8 ON 8 LIKE SOCUM2....

THEN I CAN TAKE SOME MACROSS FANS OUT :p

WONDER IF ALIENS WILL GET IN THE WAY WHEN WE ON A WAR...PUTS A NEW NAME TO CAMPING...

HEHEHE

Hmmm...

Thinking on the Robotech: Crystal Dream/Macross: Another Dimension thoughts people had, I wonder if VC's rights to do this section are similar to Toynami's worldwide rights to do Mospeada toys...

Cyc

Honnestly, if the screenshots we can see in this article are from the Xbox version, then this game looks like crap: modeling sux, texturing sux, lighting sux and I bet ambient sounds will sux too... All the more as when you see some screens for a Xbox game such as Unreal championship 2 (though they may be slightly too much colorful for some... :p )

This is what happens when you develop a game for 2 different platforms in using the same art sources: it is adapted for one but not for the other... Lazy devs... :rolleyes:

I bet those are PS2 shots. The Ps2 has horrible AA.

I will definatley rent this one when it comes out.

;)

Why waste power on AA when Television pixels bleed into eachother(because of the way they're arranged). Only recently have we been blessed with awesome, computer style goodness, but the PS2 is old.

Since when the invid has become soft :D

The script has to be revamped.. too lame...:(

Invid: Give up now , and I may spare your life...

Scott: I give up, so plss spare my life

Invid: Wrong answer, you're dead meat now...Hahaha ... :p

Really. Unless that Invid is a humanoid like Corg, for the most part the Invid believe what they're doing is on the side of good or "light". They don't see humans as people that you would "spare the life" of. It's like squashing a bug to them.

edit: Oh.. you were talking about that picture. Yeah, he's humanoid. The pilot is probably just being sarcastic. :huh: They usually don't spare anything.

Edited by Legioss

• 1 month later...