Batman Begins !

K i did a little reading from http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/batmobile.htm

its pretty intresting.

turns out though, the car can't jump on its own (like in the movie) it can't just "jump"

but the car CAN drive off a ram, careen though the air and land with out hurting itself. which is.. pretty damn impressive.

i won't reitterate the entire article for you, its worth looking at though. they made 4 cars at 250,000 each it seems.

dispite its ugly looks (gawd) its a pretty iimpresive peice of hardware.

Edited by KingNor

No Graham

the ones we saw were the mini hot wheels

there is a 1/16 scale Hot Wheels Batmobile !!!!

Noel

Ah, I see. I didn't know that. I might have to look for that then. Any idea of the price?

Graham

A HotWheels Batmobile (prolly palm of hand, whatever scale regular HW are) also apparrently comes with this set - no pics of the car tho.

http://www.wbshop.com/catalog/product.xml?...2585;pcid2=2619

Says available to order, but I haven't seen any around here. I think I'm gonna wait and grab the Bandai one, best looking for the money.

Any tv show have footage of the Batmobile as the Batman Begins 400 pace car??

Something I thought of last night that's been bugging me.

The stolen microwave device in the movie is designed to vaporize all water within it's area of effect, right?

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the human body made up of like 70% water?

So, if this is the case, wouldn't any humans within the effective range of the machine have been killed by it?

Sort of defeats the purpose of vaporising the city's water supply to spread the Scarecrow's hallucinogenic drug, if all the citizens are already dead :lol: .

Graham

Short answer...no.

Not a chemistry major here. But when I try to think that water freezes at or below zero degree Celsius or below, you don't see people go skiing all turn into popsicles. :lol:

Though I could be wrong. :)

Edited by mpchi

Short answer...no.

Not a chemistry major here. But when I try to think that water freezes at or below zero degree Celsius or below, but you don't see people go skiing all turn into popsicles. :lol:

Uh... Microwave ovens work by vibrating the water molecules inside whatever is in the microwave (ie chicken). Vibrating water molecules rub up against other molecules, and that creates friction, which in turn creates heat, and lots of heat.

I think if you stuck yourself in front of that microwave gun, you'll cook yourself in a rather painful fashion.

Short answer...no.

Not a chemistry major here. But when I try to think that water freezes at or below zero degree Celsius or below, you don't see people go skiing all turn into popsicles.  :lol:

Well, you'd have to know some biology to understand why people don't outright freeze. The reason is because the body has some safe guards to fight it in a process called homeostasis. ATP when broken up releases a phosphate and energy. Some of that energy is used for work some of it just gives off heat. The body can control how much heat is needed. One of the reasons why we have an advantage over the reptiles. But that's on the cell level. The body also has body fat to keep the heat in and the brain makes the body shiver to aid in keeping warm. Another aspect of our physiological responses is sweating. We sweat involuntary to heat for evaporation which induces cooling.

I'm afraid Graham is right.

Edited by Briareos

Not a chemistry major here. But when I try to think that water freezes at or below zero degree Celsius or below, you don't see people go skiing all turn into popsicles. :lol:

Not instantly, no.

We've got our internal body heat to keep us warm, plus hopefully some clothes as well.

However, put a naked person, or a person with only light clothing in a zero degrees celsius or lower environment for long enough with no way of keeping warm and they will eventually catch hypothermia, die and then freeze.

Graham

I think that a microwave emitter that can intantaneously, or in a very short period of time change a large amount of liquid to vapor is going to be non-descriminatory.

If it will effect the drinking water in the water mains, then it will just as easily affect the water in a human body. I don't think you can program microwaves to bend to avoid a human :lol: .

Graham

I think that a microwave emitter that can intantaneously, or in a very short period of time change a large amount of liquid to vapor is going to be non-descriminatory.

If it will effect the drinking water in the water mains, then it will just as easily affect the water in a human body. I don't think you can program microwaves to bend to avoid a human :lol: .

Graham

You know, that was seriously bothering me through much of the movie. I just did my best to ignore it.

The whole microwave plot was just plain silly. I times where everybody speaks of terrorism, they could have come with a much better plan of mass destruction / biologic warfare.

How would you spread it? That particular toxin had to be inhaled… So I would probably try to contaminate Gothan’s fuel supply. Put it on diesel and gasoline and let it be spread from all the vehicle’s exhausts slowly over and over…

:ph34r:

Something I thought of last night that's been bugging me.

The stolen microwave device in the movie is designed to vaporize all water within it's area of effect, right?

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the human body made up of like 70% water?

So, if this is the case, wouldn't any humans within the effective range of the machine have been killed by it?

Sort of defeats the purpose of vaporising the city's water supply to spread the Scarecrow's hallucinogenic drug, if all the citizens are already dead  :lol: .

Graham

The Microwave emitter in the film projects straight down.

The pipes in the ship burst because the piping in a ship is

all over the place. The device was made to cause problems

with an enemies water supply, which is generally in the

ground. If Batman had swung directly under the train he

most likely would have been screwed/cooked.

Edited by Doctor Paragon

The whole microwave plot was just plain silly. I times where everybody speaks of terrorism, they could have come with a much better plan of mass destruction / biologic warfare.

How would you spread it? That particular toxin had to be inhaled… So I would probably try to contaminate Gothan’s fuel supply. Put it on diesel and gasoline and let it be spread from all the vehicle’s exhausts slowly over and over…

:ph34r:

you can't mix a chemical with another chemical and expect the same results, unless fuel was part of the equation. Water is pure form (well you know... a mix of H and O2) but it can only dilute the toxin not really alter it. Doctor Paragon is right except for the fact that the train was so far over head it could have made the people under explode like Graham suggested. We have microwave emitters all over the place, only not as powerful. The round drums on cell towers are Microwave. It sends a beam from tower to tower if they're not using landlines. If you put an egg right up to it, it'll fry it within the minute.

Edited by >EXO<

Just saw it today and man, was this the best Batman film I've seen!! Great characters and I even laught my a$$ of (that Michael Cane is great).

But my rational mind can get over the fact that people didn't blow up with the microwave cannon. But who cares :p !!

About the Batman Begins figures, I only bought the 14" Action Cape figures, which is of really high quality for a $16.99 purchase. Very articulated (though an extra torso joint would make this figure even that much cooler) overall, very sturdy custiony joints, and the action cape can be pretty fun & make some nice cape shapes for posing. I don't go for domestic figures very often unless they are very good, and this one I am glad I got it. :)

The small figures look ok, but some versions look totally for kids. The more plain "Battle Gear" looks nice though, but the articulation and overall quality don't seem that great. Nice sculpt, but pretty limited articulation. The oversea "Collector Edition" on the other hand looks awesome from online reviews. Same sculpt, but with more ball jointed articulation, torso joints, rubber suit, wired cape...definitely the version to get. But when you need to pay around $25 plus international shipping, its not that great of a deal. Unless I find my Black Version Batmobile, I'll probably pass on these small guys and be happy with the 14" Cape figure.

Edited by mpchi

I can live with the explination that the device shot strait down. that explains why they needed to actually get to the water hub rather than just point the device at it.

how RARE is this version of the batmobile? :unsure:

Here in the L.A. Valley, they're not available at Target, Wal-Mart or K-B Toys. When I visited TRU in Burbank, I only saw one of them among 50+ battle-damaged ones. TRU in Porter Ranch might still have at least two of them in stock.

Cool pics! A7, what do you think of the batman begins figures that you have bought so far? There have been numerous complaints everywhere about them but some like them. Overall the reactions for the most part have been negative.

Like mpchi said, the regular action figures lack articulation. As for now, I only have the Battle Gear Batman, as the other variations aren't in the movie at all. It looks good, but could be better.

tumbler06.jpg

(When replying to this quote, remove all tags before posting.)

Notice that there is some excess glue on the chest where the cape attaches to the upper torso. Even with an X-ACTO knife, it's gonna be a bitch to clean off.

I will, however, give Mattel props for some detailed sculpting they did under the figure's left foot. If you have the figure (and possibly every other Batman figure in this toy line), you'll see that the ultrasonic bat attractor is sculpted on the sole. You'll just need some white paint and a red marker to make it stand out.

A7, are you gonna pick up the super articulated collectors edition figure? its at forbidden planet apparently, and limited to 5000!

Which sucks. Maybe its kuz of the rubber cape. I really hope it makes it to mass market somehow..

I'll consider it, but right now, my funds are dry. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Yah, this flick was FANTASTIC.

I am pretty partial to #2 because I love Michel Pfiffier and Danny Devito, but I almost want to say that this was the best movie so far.

Christian Bale was utterly perfect as Bruce Wayne. For the first time, I really felt like Bruce was nothing but a scum-bag rich boy when he was "in character" and that his Batman persona was a psychopath.

Great fight scenes & effects. Great acting overall, by everyone.

Katie Holmes was nothing but eye candy, and she was barely on screen for more than 10 minutes. This film was Bale all the way, with Michael Caine KICKING ASS supporting him as Alfred.

Awesome, so pleased to see that they're making one. I feared I'd have to buy the toy version. :p

Is there any word on what gimmicks (if any) it will have? I'm hoping for at least an opening cockpit and those adjustable wing things on the rear deck.

I didn't manage to hold a clear image of what they were in my head after the film, they did their thing and were off screen again. :D

Speaking of which, it was an absolutely amazing movie. Not just an amazing Batman or superhero movie but the best movie I have seen in a very long time.

I enjoyed it loads more then SW or even Sin City. :lol:

Awesome, so pleased to see that they're making one. I feared I'd have to buy the toy version.  :p

Is there any word on what gimmicks (if any) it will have? I'm hoping for at least an opening cockpit and those adjustable wing things on the rear deck.

I didn't manage to hold a clear image of what they were in my head after the film, they did their thing and were off screen again.  :D

Speaking of which, it was an absolutely amazing movie. Not just an amazing Batman or superhero movie but the best movie I have seen in a very long time.

I enjoyed it loads more then SW or even Sin City.  :lol:

310790[/snapback]

Totally Agree :)

Chris

• 1 month later...

The 1:18 hot wheels are out... I just snag one from e-hobbies for $23!!! Best price I could find and they have it in stock. Amazon / TRU had it for the same price but they are out of stock... it looks like those babies are selling fast.

Hot Wheels 1/18 Batman Begins Batmobile

There is also an awesome Camoflauge version coming out in NOVEMBER!

post-209-1126206020.jpg