1/72 F-203

sc_planet

14 hours ago, sc_planet said:

Finally completed this Moscato task, but sad for a fatal mistake, otherwise this would have been a successful project. 

I see it: the nose stripes are misaligned (circled):

Draguun.jpg.d160541b607aa5539a42507257a2e2cf.jpg

sc_planet: don't worry about it so much! In real life, the military fouls up paint jobs all the time! Here's a link to a topic that might help you out:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234966177-modelling-mistakes-on-real-aircraft/

Personally, I think your plane looks great! And to be honest: during the Global Civil War, the militaries of the world probably didn't have all that much time to make sure every stripe was right!

SO, it's all good! You have a winner here; relax, take a victory lap, and get yourself a Petite Cola! :D

Edited by pengbuzz

Fatal mistake is maybe overstarting thing, a little line error is no big deal.  The rest of the build looks amazing.  Fantastic Job.
And I agree with @Shawn.  As cool as it was to see the F-14 in Mac-0, I think we all would have loved to have seen the Dragon and MiM-31 fighting it out.

9 hours ago, electric indigo said:

ZOMG please stop pointing out all those little inaccuracies 😄

If something is posted publicly, criticism can be expected, and that's aside that the builder has gotten more deservedly praise for his hard work, but he did leave a question mark.

Also, this is the Macross forums. Little inaccuracies are our specialty here, ask Yamato and Bandai. 😁

Thank you so much for the comments, support and appreciation.  Perhaps i should tell more about the mistake.  There was a drop of paint that damaged the surface at the final stage.  I tried to sand that part and paint again, but it was not totally unnoticeable.  But I should be glad that it is not too obvious.  

i will consider to paint the canopy frame.  Thank you for the suggestions.  

Other projects in pipeline: VF-2JA, 3 x VF-17, YF-25 with parts of Frame Out Model.... and many others to follow 

IMG_9559.jpeg

9 hours ago, sc_planet said:

Thank you so much for the comments, support and appreciation.  Perhaps i should tell more about the mistake.  There was a drop of paint that damaged the surface at the final stage.  I tried to sand that part and paint again, but it was not totally unnoticeable.  But I should be glad that it is not too obvious.  

Other projects in pipeline: VF-2JA, 3 x VF-17, YF-25 with parts of Frame Out Model.... and many others to follow 

IMG_9559.jpeg

That’s far from a fatal mistake. Nobody even noticed it until you pointed it out. Even after it’s pointed out, it still looks like weathering to me

On 11/30/2023 at 6:21 AM, sc_planet said:

IMG_9559.jpeg

Lol, and everyone chased so many other threads on that one.! Looks great ! Some  real world use going on there 👍🏼

Edited by Bolt

• 1 month later...

Wow!  How could I have missed this - absolutely gorgeous work @sc_planet.  I look forward to many more masterpieces from you!  Thanks for posting.