HMR Macross Zero VF-0A Shin Kudo Use + QF2200D-B Ghost

sh9000

Posted (edited)

Dang, I must have missed the e-mail from AE about paying for shipping this past Wednesday.

...is the drone supposed to be THAT purple?

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Pic from Sajmay Lau.

Obviously lighting affects some, but the colour tone of the 0A looks more like the older Yammies.

4C886CE7-6B40-46DB-B0BA-5FE350ADB61E.jpeg.2a92e57f5b797e9314d77be0297dea48.jpeg

Yeah, Shin's HMR has a heavy Yamato color scheme influence with a Dash of Hasegawa's. 

While I do think it looks good (And I'm looking forward to getting mine), I would have preferred the Arcadia 0A color scheme as that is straight from the anime. 

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Maybe now that this is out, Arcadia will finally be allowed to do a reissue.

Fingers crossed. My Yamato VF-0 has yellowed a bit. It might need a replacement.

I'm relooking at the blister packaging again, and it's great Bandai managed to squeeze the Ghost in there without increasing the packaging size from previous two VF-0s.

But definitely need lots of care when opening, parts will definitely fly out since everything so tightly packed together.

DD80C4A0-7BA8-44BA-B442-3ECB6FE45AAE.jpeg.815bb337a2513307c27f27da24517eac.jpeg.3d49f8cf16913e4b75f6b2711393d928.jpeg

2 hours ago, MKT said:

But definitely need lots of care when opening, parts will definitely fly out since everything so tightly packed together.

What I do is turn it upside-down. Open it from the bottom tray, that way it's just going to fall on the top tray. Just have to take photo first so I know where to put the items back. ;)

Looks like a race between HLJ with Yamato International/UPS and Nin-Nin-Game with Fedex to see which ones come in first.

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Looks like a race between HLJ with Yamato International/UPS and Nin-Nin-Game with Fedex to see which ones come in first.

DHL from AE appears poised to deliver too.

30 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Touch down. Amazon Jp, 3 days shipping to Europe, Greece. Absolutely epic!!!!

I'll post pics and a review later tonight. 

image.jpeg

And we have the race winner! lol..

Look forward to the review. :good:

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mommar said:

DHL from AE appears poised to deliver too.

Yep it's interesting how much time it takes to get to the US.  2 arriving today and 1 tomorrow.  Looks like between HLJ and Nin-Nin-Game for me Nin-Nin-Game with Fedex wins.

2 day shipping to the US.

Edited by sh9000

Posted (edited)

Well, technically mine is 47 hours 😅 but I went accordingly to the days. Shipped Monday arrived today. 

Now, what is sad, is Amazon Germany, 6 hours drive from me... can take 4-5 days. Go figure. lol 

While Amazon US, 5-6 days across the ocean. 😅

Edited by Raikkonen

@MKT Review much later. Love it. But there a few fails and advice I'll share. 

Definitely epico overall.

Here's some pics for now. 

image.jpeg.e4d93d1ab427b79b981725d7d5d668e2.jpeg

The underneath of the Ghost... massive fail for the obvious reason...

image.jpeg.39c9c4f75bbf23e36223e134491e8917.jpeg

Got him to stand on fluffy blanket with no issues while holding the ghost with no other support!!! Just Epic!!!

image.jpeg.3fa0973e0a0521928acb98a0deb78952.jpeg

3 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Got him to stand on fluffy blanket with no issues while holding the ghost with no other support!!! Just Epic!!!

Cool ! 
looking forward to seeing more and reading your opinion on this beauty.

6 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Nice! So far, the only complaint is Bandai really missing the opportunity to make the Ghost independent with landing gears, articulated canards & sensor eye. They already did 90% of the work, just need that extra 10%. Times like these just make one appreciate Yamato's more & more.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Posing in Battroid isn't much fun with those wings out.

I would agree. It'll look swoopy and have presence in pics, but will be quite limiting during play.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MKT said:

Nice! So far, the only complaint is Bandai really missing the opportunity to make the Ghost independent with landing gears, articulated canards & sensor eye. They already did 90% of the work, just need that extra 10%. Times like these just make one appreciate Yamato's more & more.

Yet they articulated the thruster on a ball joint. So there were some kind of initial intentions.

The omitted different modes parts is a massive missed opportunity to release the ghost on it's own as a 2 pack. 

2 hours ago, MKT said:

I would agree. It'll look swoopy and have presence in pics, but will be quite limiting during play.

So far had no issues on this.

Edited by Raikkonen

So far my 2 shipped out with Fedex on Monday at 6 pm and arrived yesterday at 2 pm.  Will pick them up later today after work if I have time.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 1:01 AM, MKT said:

Another review..

If we look at just after the 3 minute mark, the knee allows the lower leg to bend backwards 90 degrees.

If not mistaken, the legs on previous VF-0 releases can’t bend that far, and if so, Bandai made this stealth change for the 0A. :good:

70661EA0-5437-4369-BA22-46616B394A8E.jpeg.5eaac6eae0c2a252b34846eda3879b75.jpeg

Edited by MKT
added pic