HMR Macross Zero VF-0D Shin

MKT

22 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

713tfcVqpSL._AC_UF10001000_QL80_.jpg.665cab4fe71d7d777ce11d5b3a6d3aea.jpg

Trust me.

Oh im trying to hold back, i just picked up the DX GBP bundle, and those little HMR's are tantalizing... but ill wait for more re-releases first. i feel spoiled by the 0D having landingĀ  gear doors and so much of it just being a mini version of the Arcadia! i was almost tempted to get the VF4 if im honest.

13 hours ago, R0P3-F15H said:

Oh im trying to hold back, i just picked up the DX GBP bundle, and those little HMR's are tantalizing... but ill wait for more re-releases first. i feel spoiled by the 0D having landingĀ  gear doors and so much of it just being a mini version of the Arcadia! i was almost tempted to get the VF4 if im honest.

I went the opposite way with the HMR VF-0D. I found it so good looking but annoying to handle that it pushed me over the edge to pick up an Arcadia VF-0D.

Ā 

The HMR VF-4 is pretty good, though...

30 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I had to go check who I ordered my second one with. eKnight Media, which shows estimated shipping of November 30. Looks like I'll be waiting on the second one for a bit.Ā 

Ā 

Waiting for this to hit the western market to decide on a duplicate.

But... I'd rather have doubles and triples of a 0A...Ā 

Decided not to budge for the 0S unless ridiculously on discount, or a unlikely reissue with less translucent plastic.Ā 

a small midweek update on my 0d personalization.šŸ˜Ā I felt the bottom side of the nosecone is rather bland on the HMR and looking at Arcadia's 1/60 which I am going by, is this the part of the transformation gimmick that opens & closes like a door? Anyways it looked cool enough for me to give it a go with a 0.15mm panel engraver and some plastic bits.

001.jpg.9061dc24296e88bb3e006da413052f9c.jpg

002.jpg.b5e829e72714be838e12f774c7c4cdac.jpg

Looking forward to getting some major work done this weekend!:)Ā 

Ā Ā 

Liking the progress so far @AngesdadĀ :good:

Ā 

On 9/28/2023 at 10:08 PM, Raikkonen said:

Decided not to budge for the 0S unless ridiculously on discount, or a unlikely reissue with less translucent plastic.Ā 

The 0S is a bit tricky to decide on duplicates, because we do not know if Bandai will issue a standalone armor-only pack, or a valk+armor set. Likely the latter going by the VF-1 releases. But I think the current prices have kinda just about bottomed out, as far as can be seen in Mandarake. 1/3 off retail in the secondary market, with new ones being about 1/4 off. I am afraid if this trend continues to the 0D on international release, Bandai will abandon it altogether and won't continue to the 0A..Ā :unsure: Ā Ā 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Ā 

The 0S is a bit tricky to decide on duplicates, because we do not know if Bandai will issue a standalone armor-only pack, or a valk+armor set. Likely the latter going by the VF-1 releases. But I think the current prices have kinda just about bottomed out, as far as can be seen in Mandarake. 1/3 off retail in the secondary market, with new ones being about 1/4 off. I am afraid if this trend continues to the 0D on international release, Bandai will abandon it altogether and won't continue to the 0A..Ā :unsure: Ā Ā 

But the 0D sold out on all JP online retail, which I believe will weigh a lot on any 0A decision.Ā 

I still have the 0D in my Amazon.jp favorites, and whenever third parties list it with Amazon shipping, barely lasts a day. Saw they had 16 yesterday like this, and gone this morning.Ā 

Also, the 0S max exclusive came with swap out parts for eventual ghost pack, so I don't think they'll scrap the already development time on that.Ā 

Edited by Raikkonen

On 9/28/2023 at 10:08 PM, Raikkonen said:

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Ā 

I think my brain got overloaded the other time, saw the slots on the fuselage and bought one cos of the likelihood of a RA attaching to it.
Should have tot it through, likely the RA would be in a HMR pack with another 0S...

Of course folks who want to display the 0S, 0D and likely 0A in flight should get the single 0S release...

Bandai should have done an 0S with ghost pack anyway as a first release...sigh...

Ā 

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

So much workā€¦weathering sucks.šŸ˜”

Ā 

Looking good! Keep it up!Ā šŸ‘šŸ‘

4 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

But the 0D sold out on all JP online retail, which I believe will weigh a lot on any 0A decision.Ā 

I still have the 0D in my Amazon.jp favorites, and whenever third parties list it with Amazon shipping, barely lasts a day. Saw they had 16 yesterday like this, and gone this morning.Ā 

Also, the 0S max exclusive came with swap out parts for eventual ghost pack, so I don't think they'll scrap the already development time on that.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I think my brain got overloaded the other time, saw the slots on the fuselage and bought one cos of the likelihood of a RA attaching to it.
Should have tot it through, likely the RA would be in a HMR pack with another 0S...

Of course folks who want to display the 0S, 0D and likely 0A in flight should get the single 0S release...

Bandai should have done an 0S with ghost pack anyway as a first release...sigh...

I forgot about the Ghost, which complicates things further for the 0S.
I agree the Ghost should have been packaged together right at the start, as the Ghost as a single piece standalone would be too small a release. Wonder if Bandai will really pull off a d*ck move to release an 0S+Ghost bundle and then another 0S+Reactive Armor release lol.

To me, the ideal would be:

1. A 2-piece, Ghosts-only QF-2200D-A & QF-2200D-B release, and a standalone / 0S-bundled Reactive Armor release. 0A will be standalone like the current 0S.Ā 

or

2. A Reactive Armor + Ghost release for the 0S, and the 0A bundled with a Ghost. I don't mind if it's just the QF-2200D-B Ghost variant here.

4 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

The 0-S sold out quick on the Japanese sites as well, but luckily still seems pretty easy to find over her in the states. Iā€™m pretty sure there will be a 0-A and itā€™ll probably be a similar thing where itā€™s tougher to get from Japanese sites, but nice and easy when it comes across the oceanĀ 

43 minutes ago, MKT said:

Ā Wonder if Bandai will really pull off a d*ck move to release an 0S+Ghost bundle and then another 0S+Reactive Armor release lol.

1. A 2-piece, Ghosts-only QF-2200D-A & QF-2200D-B release, and a standalone / 0S-bundled Reactive Armor release. 0A will be standalone like the current 0S.Ā 

or

2. A Reactive Armor + Ghost release for the 0S, and the 0A bundled with a Ghost. I don't mind if it's just the QF-2200D-B Ghost variant here.

Dont give them ideas! On top of that they will make it p-bandai...which i think any ghost sets would be an ideal candidate...

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Ā 

I forgot about the Ghost, which complicates things further for the 0S.
I agree the Ghost should have been packaged together right at the start, as the Ghost as a single piece standalone would be too small a release. Wonder if Bandai will really pull off a d*ck move to release an 0S+Ghost bundle and then another 0S+Reactive Armor release lol.

or

I think the ghost will be with 0A and again as a japan only re-release 0S.Ā 

I don't know about the reactive armour so soon, definitely further on, but not close to the ghost release.Ā 

But we also need the SVs... Especially the fodder ones.Ā 

PS, did both Focker and Shun use theĀ QF-2200D-B?

3 hours ago, Big s said:

The 0-S sold out quick on the Japanese sites as well, but luckily still seems pretty easy to find over her in the states. Iā€™m pretty sure there will be a 0-A and itā€™ll probably be a similar thing where itā€™s tougher to get from Japanese sites, but nice and easy when it comes across the oceanĀ 

I think they over produced the 0S for international but underproduced for Japan???

With that said, once the overdue BlueRay of Zero gets it's international release, the 0S will overnight become the hardest HMR to find.Ā 

Edited by Raikkonen

Just got mine from BBTS! I only had a few minutes to transform to fighter mode. My first impression is very good. Feels similar to my VF-0S Focker, but as others have said, the plastic is less see through. Ā I am sure it just requires more massaging, but the right vertical stabilizers is canted. The head laser is also pointing down. Again, probably requires more massaging. I really like it and am glad I got it!

Twich

IMG_0469.jpeg.18672e819764678980dedd9e4588c200.jpeg

1 hour ago, MKT said:

They did, on the very last episode - Shin & Focker vs Ivanov & Nora in some of the best mech scenes.Ā :)

Aha, ok. Your desired combos had me confused for a moment :)Ā 

Then I think we will only get the one variant of the ghost for both VFs.

Shin VF-0A with ghost booster

Screenshot_20231003-0721202.png.067361cd0a5be59cdc74b2304e8ab379.png

Index around 6:43 in the last chapter if you are curious.

To my liking, the most badass looking VF fighter mode before the Frontier super bulky VF-25 armor and super variants.

I really hope Bandai has a release planed for the booster. And a Shin 0A.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Arcadia dropped the ghost ball.:aggressive::angry:

I just remembered it too lol. They also included the parts for the Ghost in the VF-0, like HMR 0S Jenius blue, but never actually got around to making the Ghost.Ā :wacko:

On 10/4/2023 at 6:52 AM, Chronocidal said:

I would say Bandai did prep the HMR VF-0s to use the ghost boosters and weapons.. but considering they just copied the Arcadia mold that never made use of the features, I don't know if I can give them credit. :pĀ 

Oi... that's worrying...Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 3:56 PM, Angesdad said:

Reviving the thread with an update of my 0d shenanigans.Ā Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak,

d02.jpg.a8642a7484c43c5e6ad6d9fb67b804d7.jpg

Can't wait to finish up and take some photos when I fix my 22-year-old dslr.šŸ˜

You must have pulled the chestplate off the Arcadia PF because no way that can be the HMR.Ā :)

On 10/27/2023 at 4:56 AM, Angesdad said:

Reviving the thread with an update of my 0d shenanigans.Ā Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak,

d02.jpg.a8642a7484c43c5e6ad6d9fb67b804d7.jpg

Can't wait to finish up and take some photos when I fix my 22-year-old dslr.šŸ˜

Those dirt streaks on the air brake is a nice touch.Ā :good:

@AngesdadĀ That custom 0D is looking good, I like the weathering. Keep the progress pics coming!Ā 

Ā 

As for me, this just arrived. For $113.00 shipped Via DHL from Mandarake, I figured why not &Ā now I have two VF-0D's. As you can see, Mandarake takes packing seriously and my 0D box is spotless!Ā 

Ā 

20231101_164511.jpg

20231101_164423.jpg

20231101_164527.jpg