8 minutes ago, tekering said:

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. :hi:

While painting Sentinel's tiny Borough Superior, I also painted EXO's 3D-printed ride armour figures to match:

tinyBoroughSuperior.jpg.22654e36b046772d023eee9f4b3d74f3.jpg

Which is considerably more time-consuming, in fact, considering all the tiny support marks that need to be sanded off the backs of each figure...

VF-041Hcleanupandpainting.jpg.a4c04c2f4d0057429082cdf30c5a1108.jpg

...and the necessity of scratchbuilding replacement parts for damaged components (like those tiny fins around the verniers).

Of course you'd mess it up!  Anything requiring the use of paint brushes is an exercise in damage control, and the smaller the figure, the more mistakes you make.

The secret to a decent paint job at this scale is perseverance.  You'll have to paint the same areas four or five times, each pass correcting mistakes you made on a previous pass.

tinyBoroughSuperiorinaction.jpg.b0ca25aaefc20e5cca784893650e3a46.jpg

You've just got to keep at it until it finally looks good.

tinyBoroughSuperiorfrombehind.jpg.d9f2686734b61141e276e0523d86b895.jpg

That's why it takes so damn long. 🤕

Wow really great work, and looks to be worth all the time spent. :wub:

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. :hi:

While painting Sentinel's tiny Borough Superior, I also painted EXO's 3D-printed ride armour figures to match:

tinyBoroughSuperior.jpg.22654e36b046772d023eee9f4b3d74f3.jpg

Which is considerably more time-consuming, in fact, considering all the tiny support marks that need to be sanded off the backs of each figure...

VF-041Hcleanupandpainting.jpg.a4c04c2f4d0057429082cdf30c5a1108.jpg

...and the necessity of scratchbuilding replacement parts for damaged components (like those tiny fins around the verniers).

Of course you'd mess it up!  Anything requiring the use of paint brushes is an exercise in damage control, and the smaller the figure, the more mistakes you make.

The secret to a decent paint job at this scale is perseverance.  You'll have to paint the same areas four or five times, each pass correcting mistakes you made on a previous pass.

tinyBoroughSuperiorinaction.jpg.b0ca25aaefc20e5cca784893650e3a46.jpg

You've just got to keep at it until it finally looks good.

tinyBoroughSuperiorfrombehind.jpg.d9f2686734b61141e276e0523d86b895.jpg

That's why it takes so damn long. 🤕

Great work on that tiny figure. I painted mine long ago, but yours is waay better

IMG_20230829_184819.jpg.ff19bddba2489a0eb68274a812de0865.jpg

16 hours ago, jenius said:

Thanks... the article is also up on anymoon. The full video review should go up on Sunday. 

Nice, looking forward to that full video review.

One would hope Rook's Cyclone would be made as well. 

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Is it bad that I automatically wanted to say “Houquet!  Ride Armor!” . . . before seeing the Robotech branding and backing off? 😅

I know, it's a bad habit of mine using RT branding when it comes to Mospeada. 😁

12 hours ago, MKT said:

there seem to be more old CM's becoming more available these days on secondary market and I'm more partial to those

The CM's are superior in every way to B2Five's offerings (except durability, of course).  🤕

Despite what @jenius says, however, the MegaHouse ride armors are also superior in certain respects:

objectivecomparisonside.jpg.acf8436c0e07ed21e8c6a37157ecd651.jpg

objectivecomparisonback.jpg.fbaf28b4b5c142b08d244c354e257a66.jpg

Excellent reviews and pictures (as always), but I don't see how he can claim B2Five made a more accurate (or attractive) ride-armor than MegaHouse did. 🤨

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Despite what @jenius says, however, the MegaHouse ride armors are also superior in certain respects:

I'll give you that it looks better, but I just got zero joy from the MegaHouse ride armors. I think that they're the only one where I got one and just said "I'm good; no more of this one".

(I couldn't say no to getting the all-black Yellow figure, but just did not enjoy MegaHouse once in-hand)

8 hours ago, Knight26 said:

May be an image of vulture and toyMicheal Ryan's new Legioss and Tread prints are awesome.  I am debating upscaling the docked Tread to 1:48 and seeing if the Riobot will dock to it.

did someone get hungry and eat part of the wing of your VF-1 Double Strike?  For a minute there I thought it was Xegfried posting one of the 1/60 VF-9 kits that he designed and thought maybe he went for a VF-1 and Legioss/Tread too, but then I saw the tell-tale 3D printer lines and then really looked at it.  I think that those designs are cool.  3D printing is party witchcraft and part voodoo and too much of a rich man's game

Twich

On 8/23/2023 at 2:41 AM, Mog said:

Did you add some headlights on the Bartley, @tekering:good:

I decided not to make any structural changes, 'cause once you start modifying the bikes, you end up going down a rabbit hole... and eventually, you might as well just  scratchbuild something more accurate (and easier to paint)!

Nonetheless, those headlights are such an iconic element that it wouldn't be the Bartley without them... and while Sentinel's redesign still incorporated them at 1:12th, they were notably absent from the 1:48 scale bike.  So I broke my own rule and added kitbashed headlights. 😅

Bartleys.jpg.d326ea4bce31e4ce2b654f4498adcb60.jpg

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I just got zero joy from the MegaHouse ride armors.

They're nobody's favorite Mospeada toys, but at least they can stand unassisted without hunching over.  Even my beloved Beagles can't manage that. 😐

4 hours ago, twich said:

3D printing is party witchcraft and part voodoo and too much of a rich man's game

Not really.  Knight26's clearly not rich, or he'd have a proper 3D printer. 😝

14 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I'll give you that it looks better, but I just got zero joy from the MegaHouse ride armors. I think that they're the only one where I got one and just said "I'm good; no more of this one

Same thing happened to me. I had Stick's MegaHouse ride armor, but I ended up selling it and replacing it with the CMs version

8 hours ago, twich said:

did someone get hungry and eat part of the wing of your VF-1 Double Strike?  For a minute there I thought it was Xegfried posting one of the 1/60 VF-9 kits that he designed and thought maybe he went for a VF-1 and Legioss/Tread too, but then I saw the tell-tale 3D printer lines and then really looked at it.  I think that those designs are cool.  3D printing is party witchcraft and part voodoo and too much of a rich man's game

Twich

No, I just didn't support that wing properly but I decided to keep it.  One of these days I will snip the bad bit off and reprint that wing to fix it.
As for it being a rich man's game.  I would say false to that.  Good Consumer-grade printers are getting less expensive all the time.  You can get nice results with an Ender-3 and they cost less than most Valkyrie toys.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

MoShow's 'Cyclone' displayed at the Seoul PopCon 2023.

370556187_10224894324530792_5626881148887985929_n-3.jpg

F4bRmqhbQAAbN6S.jpg

123201q7fxcq22bicq27p5.jpg

F4bRmqfaIAAmV37.jpg

I have to say, I am really enjoying the look of these and the details seem to be very distinct.  The lights on the hop armor of that Mospeada in armor mode is a great touch.  I do hope that these are not more expensive than the $250 range.  I would definitely like to see how these turn out.  Didn't they also do the Legioss?  Or was that someone else?

Twich

That was Prime1 that teased the 1/28 Legioss. I think they're going for a concept where the rider's feet are where the ankle appears to be? I wonder if there are magnets that will attach the hip armors to the knee. I'm not convinced I like it yet. It's a fun 'ultra beefy' take on the Ride Armor.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

That was Prime1 that teased the 1/28 Legioss. I think they're going for a concept where the rider's feet are where the ankle appears to be? I wonder if there are magnets that will attach the hip armors to the knee. I'm not convinced I like it yet. It's a fun 'ultra beefy' take on the Ride Armor.

My take is that the exposed musculature (shock absorber) is that it seems more realistic.  I’m very hopeful.

Twich

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

it looks so damn good, open up the POs for this one already!,   I hope the materials used are good quality, one of the reasons I stop from buying the Riobot versions is cause it looks so fragile  and  the price is kinda high for what they are offering, and since this is Moshow I have high hopes for it.  

18 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

it looks so damn good, open up the POs for this one already!,   I hope the materials used are good quality, one of the reasons I stop from buying the Riobot versions is cause it looks so fragile  and  the price is kinda high for what they are offering, and since this is Moshow I have high hopes for it.  

MoShow has a great track record for delivering high quality robots with excellent articulation, materials used, and diecast content. You can check out ShowZ for the products they've created and check out YouTube for reviews. 

https://showzstore.com/products/?Narrow=462

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

F4bRmqhbQAAbN6S.jpg

123201q7fxcq22bicq27p5.jpg

F4bRmqfaIAAmV37.jpg

Good grief!! I guess they threw human anatomy right out the window with this clown design. Had it been purely a robot I could understand, but those child-bearing hips and monster thigh gap make the ride look like some sort of sub-human gorilla. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but however well built the final figure may be, it looks like something a bored 10 year-old would draw in history class.