1 hour ago, tekering said:

Bandai teases a lot of prototypes that never go into production, but they never solicit for pre-orders until they can reliably estimate when a product will ship.  I mean, I'm highly critical of Bandai myself, but I've never paid up front for an SHF or HMR pre-order that wasn't fulfilled within six months.

Good point and agreed. Always full confidence in Bandai being able to deliver once a PO put directly to them and delays are rare or at most a month. 

I want KC to really succeed to be able to give us more 1/12 Robotech figures. The unexpected sales of God of Flame seem to have given them renewed confidence. They really do seem to be struggling with manpower issues at one time, and probably still do, when their FB occasionally updates there will be paucity of news & responses for a week or two stretches of time because the whole management office is down at the factory to resolve the order backlog. I was imagining themselves actually assembling the items in the factory line, but sometimes it felt like just a couple of steps away of taking all the deposits and run. 

The 1/72 Battlepod is another product that fallen into this delay spiral, website says updated release to be June 2023 but we have not seen anything yet so far. 

"Original price: USD229.9, now only USD179.9 with an additional 1/12 MIRIYA OR MAX figure (will not be included in the set after the promotion)."

Well looks like KC read our minds in giving making a Miriya figure and I guess one will be shown in next few days.

The VFs can be produced very fast, but by bundling either Max or Miriya, the whole set might be delayed for some time as they take time to develop both figures based on their track record. On other hand, their new clothed figures mean they can greatly reduce development time by using the same base bodies & just changing the heads & fabrics. I strongly suspect Max will use the same body as the recent jumpsuit Hikaru, and Miriya same as Dana's. Unfortunately, they will not scale properly to each other though if they use the same base body.

59 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Well I didn't see this one coming.

I am in for 1..  I'll be honest though color schema looks wonky as heck.

IMO...It's the metallic paint that is keeping this from being great...

Knowing KC....wouldn't surprise me if they did another "Limited Edition"....this time using the clear plastic they utilize for their stands....their first stand was a clear stand in the color of antifreeze green....they definitely can pull off  blue and red translucent VF-1As....would be an instabuy for me...

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Well I didn't see this one coming.

I am in for 1..  I'll be honest though color schema looks wonky as heck.

I can’t warm up to it, myself. I get what KC is aiming for and respect their attempt, but the overuse of markings and metallic colors do not get me thinking of the scene from the anime. Especially, the metallic green gunpods (ew) :bad:

I would have been tempted by an arcade-y non-metallic red, blue, and green or a semi-transparent tinted plastic similar to what others suggested up thread. Given how KC is trying new things with their figure line, I think this release would have been a fun opportunity for them to dial down the “glitz and glam” in an attempt to showcase two anime accurate variable fighters.

I confess I like the metallic interpretation for the new Max & Miriya VFs.

It may not be anime accurate, but that also can be said of VF models that have all manner of nice weatherings, panel linings and details that we don’t actually see in the anime.

Ok it may not be similar comparison though, as detailed VFs have their basis in real jets & non-anime source materials, whereas that metallic scheme is just an imagined interpretation. I can see it as how they might look like if SDF was remade today, & so the in-universe videogame would have updated graphics?

I’m just concerned that with bare transparent plastics without any markings, it would be overkill at this scale, kind of like scaling up a small, cheap Happy Meal figure. Then it becomes a pricey but cheap looking Happy Meal figure.

15 minutes ago, MKT said:

I’m just concerned that with bare transparent plastics without any markings, it would be overkill at this scale, kind of like scaling up a small, cheap Happy Meal figure. Then it becomes a pricey but cheap looking Happy Meal figure.

At this point we are just discussing hypothetical releases....with that said, as someone who has been buying these VF-1s from KC from the start....I would highly doubt that they would not tampo the heck out of clear plastic editions of these Arcade VF-1As...their tampo applications has been sort of their thing from the very beginning...

12 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

At this point we are just discussing hypothetical releases....with that said, as someone who has been buying these VF-1s from KC from the start....I would highly doubt that they would not tampo the heck out of clear plastic editions of these Arcade VF-1As...their tampo applications has been sort of their thing from the very beginning...

Haha yeah.. They are playing to their strengths, though perhaps not so welcomed for this release.

I wonder what accessory comes with 1/12 Miriya? They better bundle that knife at least.

Now that I think about it... Since it is a game, shouldn't it really be player 1 (red) and player 2 (blue) versions?  As far as Miriya, I'm all for knife fight version.:touche:  They should also throw in a few cases of game tokens. 

23 minutes ago, MKT said:

Ok it may not be similar comparison though, as detailed VFs have their basis in real jets & non-anime source materials, whereas that metallic scheme is just an imagined interpretation. I can see it as how they might look like if SDF was remade today, & so the in-universe videogame would have updated graphics?

I can respect it as something reimagined, but I still don’t like it. 😅 With regard to the updated gaming graphics, nah I can’t make the jump. That metallic sheen reminds me too much of bad or dated pre-rendered cutscene graphics.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Other companies do a good job with transparent plastics in the Transformers space. Sure, they are smaller, but the transparent Dinobots that NewAge is putting out look quite nice. I think if a company wanted to do it well for Macross or Robotech, it could be done.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

IMO...It's the metallic paint that is keeping this from being great...

Knowing KC....wouldn't surprise me if they did another "Limited Edition"....this time using the clear plastic they utilize for their stands....their first stand was a clear stand in the color of antifreeze green....they definitely can pull off  blue and red translucent VF-1As....would be an instabuy for me...

I hear you on this,  I am hoping that these look better in person,  then the pictures show.    I have been impressed by how the metallic finishes came out on the Red and Purple GOF themes.   

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

I can’t warm up to it, myself. I get what KC is aiming for and respect their attempt, but the overuse of markings and metallic colors do not get me thinking of the scene from the anime. Especially, the metallic green gunpods (ew) :bad:

I would have been tempted by an arcade-y non-metallic red, blue, and green or a semi-transparent tinted plastic similar to what others suggested up thread. Given how KC is trying new things with their figure line, I think this release would have been a fun opportunity for them to dial down the “glitz and glam” in an attempt to showcase two anime accurate variable fighters.

The green gunpods are definitely not a plus.    I am kinda holding out hope for this anyway,  cause its different.

So the Red and Black Super 1S arrived today.    KC is reusing boxes from the GOF Purple variant if you go by the UPC code.   Sticker is correct though,  the numbering schema is highly dubious. 

I did take a look under the Valks unmentionables to make sure no obvious QC and it looks good.

Also the tabs are present on the back of the legs.. making this another run of Black and Red VF-1S valks.. not the V1s it was previously.

KCRBSuper.jpg.f6587c0ec351b62908c167b238bf3e56.jpg

KCRBSuper4.jpg.731a21692bced82797db38680228397d.jpg

KCRBSuper2.jpg.c5a1a413e70aeecdfb47f233ef8db639.jpg

KCRBSuper3.jpg.5ffc9b91eb7cc43cf27772127d51e071.jpg

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

So the Red and Black Super 1S arrived today.    KC is reusing boxes from the GOF Purple variant if you go by the UPC code.   Sticker is correct though,  the numbering schema is highly dubious. 

I did take a look under the Valks unmentionables to make sure no obvious QC and it looks good.

Also the tabs are present on the back of the legs.. making this another run of Black and Red VF-1S valks.. not the V1s it was previously.

Looks pretty cool, but decided to stay away from the non-canon schemes...I like this style of box with the cover that goes over the plastic shell instead of using flaps...would prefer if they used those on the rest of their VF releases....

So V 2.X?  This is the reason why I am hesitant on getting another Hikaru Vf-1J....not sure if they are just selling the remainder of their V 2.0 supply with that Vermillion package deal or if the VF-1J is the V 2.X with the modified leg tabs....

BTW...I really wish they would just come out with a "low-viz" version like the one sold by Yamato in 1/48 form years ago....I also like the blue-grey used on the fast packs used for the VF-1J Max and Miriya....a VF-1 painted in that color would look pretty cool too...

2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

NICE!  Just ordered mine the other day.

On 6/25/2023 at 3:48 PM, sh9000 said:

E65F8995-F75D-4381-979A-B17393E8CF6E.jpeg.48e4fcc6924095a83e2272b00d2e5bc2.jpeg

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=11&product_id=121&limit=100

With additional 1/12 Miriya figure only through KC's site.  $179.90 offer for 14 days.

I am hating this coloration so much and not just for the metallic. The use of white is awful- white wings, white airbreak, white nosecone., white feet/engine nozzles. It's like they had a full colored one in photoshop and started randomly turning parts white.

CA702174-8D61-49D0-8044-653D6DCF1F56.png.6c50d42e30f0ada24b8c505ccea3843b.png

F3CD66E0-E44B-493B-855E-E51E07AF854A.png.f0995ef62f95f0d4a421ffe7df084f5f.png

The white parts are correct to the source.  The use of metallic blue or red is the strange choice.

I would have preferred 1/12 figures in their civilian clothes to come with the VF-1A Max and Miriya.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CA702174-8D61-49D0-8044-653D6DCF1F56.png.6c50d42e30f0ada24b8c505ccea3843b.png

F3CD66E0-E44B-493B-855E-E51E07AF854A.png.f0995ef62f95f0d4a421ffe7df084f5f.png

The white parts are correct to the source.  The use of metallic blue or red is the strange choice.

I would have preferred 1/12 figures in their civilian clothes to come with the VF-1A Max and Miriya.

I can see using the toys to recreate those two pics you posted...

:drinks:

On 6/26/2023 at 11:44 PM, jvmacross said:

Did anyone order a Vermillion set from KC?

I'm curious if the VF-1J is still a V 2.0 or the V 2.X with the relocated leg tabs?

I ordered and received the set; could not resist such an offer. It appears to be v2.x. I have not transformed it to fighter mode yet. 

IMG_5090.jpeg

3 hours ago, zplus said:

I ordered and received the set; could not resist such an offer. It appears to be v2.x. I have not transformed it to fighter mode yet. 

IMG_5090.jpeg

Thanks...can't really tell from your pic....if the tab is not on the back edge of the leg, then it is a V 2.0