Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

I think it's cool that Tracks has the shoulder mounted missile launchers....

but what about Smokescreen and Bluestreak??

They had em on the Old School toys, and someone on this board even pointed out that smokescreen has

holes on his shoulders which looks like Takara may have been thinking about it.

I just hope they make them, even as an afterthought as an e-hooby exclusive, or maybe

package it with a later Binaltech release (like how they included an Optimus fist to hold Megatron in gun mode

with the Collection 9 Starscream)

I just hope the binaltech/alternator line keeps the focus on accurate car modes and good/articulated robot modes and not gimmicks... like energon.

I still say Tracks is looking way too energon right now.. he reminds me too much of energon hot shot with a skirt and shoulder pads.

Mustang GT Concept all the way!!!

It just screams "Next Gen Bad Ass Autobot"!!!

Hell they could call it. . .

"Windcharger"

Or even go a stretch further,

paint it candy apple red and call it. . .

"Hot Rod"

Just a thought.

And by the way, "Tracks" looks like it will kick ass. . .

But let's see the final cut.

Screw the Mustang - the new GT40 or GT or whatever they call it now is much better looking and a supercar. I'm not a huge fan of Ford but that GT is flat out awesome.

In order to fight the devastating power of the multipling threads, the heroic Moderators have been given the amazing power to Superlink! What new and amazing powers will these combined threads have! Collect them all and find out!

I got Sideswipe tonight at Wal Mart! He's kinda awkward looking ... and his hand doesn't like to hold the gun, but he's much easier to transform than ol' smoky, with the exception of the arms, I cannot for the life of me figure out how many steps hasbro skipped in the instructions. I need to look back and search for the binaltech ones, I'm thinking those might help a bit. Anybody know where I can find his alternate transformation sequence?

Alternate transformation: rotate head and waist 180, swap hands. Trim plastic from trunk near joint to get it to fold closer to his body.

His gun is finicky, but only because his fingers are so stiff and the trigger finger likes to move with the others. Once you get it, it's quite secure.

As for the arms---yeah, there's a lot of joints, that only move like 270 degrees, and it's always the other 90 degrees that you're trying to work with. Also, many of them only "work" if the arm's bent a certain way. Look closely at the red parts closest to the chest--ONE of the corners is rounded. The black parts can only rotate around it there, and only if the arms are in the right place. (Getting his elbows/forearms right are yet another thing--I think 2 of the 4 corners are angled to allow passage without getting in the way of the doors--his arms aren't QUITE square in cross-section, and it's just enough that they'll only rotate in one direction without bending the door mounts)

Overall suggestion for his arms: arrange/TF them when they're going straight out to his sides--every joint is movable in that position. Get them all lined up, THEN move them down to his sides. If you move them down, then try to rotate, it won't work. (Well, it will, but with severely stressing and bending the parts).

PS---I found if you trim the trunk for the alternate transformation, and fold it back, but leave him in the standard transformation, it looks a lot better than the regular transformation--less kibble, and he gains shoulder-mounted missiles.

The threads combined rather strangely--now it looks like I have replies posted before I asked myself a question to someone else in the future...

I saw that too....

They should have more of the body out front unlike Sideswipe, smoke screen looks cooler in robot mode

And why do I get the sickening feeling Ford just might have been the company to say no to the designers of the Binaltech/Alternator line? Who else is left since it obviously was not GM? I was hoping since Mazda said yes that their parent company would as well. Now I am not so sure anymore. :(

Melissa (who is seeing her hope of a Mustang alternator slip further and further away...)

Actually, I heard on a different board that the company that said no was Volkswagon in regards to using the new Beatle for Bumblebee. I am still hoping for a Porsche 911 GT1 EVO for an Alternator Jazz.

Porsche's owned by Volkswagen. So is Audi and Lamborghini. AFAIK it's not *Lamborghini* that didn't want a TF, it's their German owners. So don't expect a 911 or Boxster, no matter how cool they'd be.

The oft-mentioned thing is due to Volkwagen's WWII/Nazi connections, they abhor any depiction of their products as war-like in any way. And that includes turning into an armed mech. And now they own Porsche, Lambo, Bugatti, Audi, Bentley, etc. So all those companies now have that same "no war-like toys/models" clause.

LOL. I, too, want a Mustang Alternator all too badly seeing as how I own three Mustangs. But who could it be...? I know the original cars weren't evem close to Mustangs, but I've always been partial to the names Nightbeat, Streetwise, and Wildrider.

I see an Alt./Binal. Nightbeat as a black Mustang Saleen. That would look ever so sweet! ;)

~G25

Anybody notice that on Sideswipe's tires it says "Cybertronian Radial"? a nice touch indeed :)

The real question is: Has any TF fan actually customized the tires on his actual ride to reflect that, PLUS an Autobot emblem on the hood? :-)

Soon.

You're looking at now, sir. Everything that's happening now is happening now. :p

LOL! Which MPC did you mean? The prime? Then most likely, yes. The Alternator line is the Americanized version of the Binaltech line in Japan. They are the updated version of the G1 TFs using current issues of actual cars. The Alternators have a plastic body as oppose to the BTs which have die cast and all are scaled at 1:24. The MPC Prime is not part of this line but they are all part of the 20 Anniversary rerelease.

Yes, there will be repaints. They will likely have a repaint of every single mold based on what's been said. Also minor mold tweaks for the repaints. The first will be Silver(blue)streak. He will be remolded so that he's a perfectly normal Impreza, not a rally version. New spoiler, new front fascia/grill, foglights, wheels, roof, rear window defogger, side-mirrors, etc. A good dozen changes. And he'll be silver. With a new head.

Does any1 know if there will or will not be any repaints ??

Yes. The repaint of Smokescreen will be Bluestreak (a silver WRX).

Supposedly, the repaint of Sideswipe will be Sunstreaker (a yellow Viper).

Who knows about the rest?

Does any1 know if there will or will not be any repaints ??

Yes. The repaint of Smokescreen will be Bluestreak (a silver WRX).

Supposedly, the repaint of Sideswipe will be Sunstreaker (a yellow Viper).

Who knows about the rest?

The yellow Viper repaint for Sunstreaker hasnt been confirmed yet. SilverStreak though is confirmed for sure.

rumor form adctalk.com saying that a hasbro rep on the phone DID say there are jets planned but scale is not finalized. What planes? he didnt say. I am guessing its either F-22(which hasbron used on energon starscream,) or the F-15....hopefully F-15Dj hiko Kyodotai aggressor scheme. David if you have not seen these planes they are the most beautiful F-15's I have EVER seen. I am guessing it is either 1/64 or 1/48 scale. Both of which are bigger than 1/72 scale which the original seekers were.

Over on the A.T.T. newsgroup I suggested the Kiyodotai squadrons as the best real schemes possible for Decep F-15's. There's one that's half black and half grey--a good Skywarp. Just make the robot parts purple and you're set. And there's several deep blue/grey ones---Thundercracker. The only problem is Starscream. For that, it'd probably be best to "fudge" a bit and use the F-15ACTIVE scheme--white/red/blue, which is close as you'll get to grey/red/blue.

Also, the F-15 is the best choice period for a TF, due to its fuselage/intakes being a box, with wings and stabs and nose tacked on. F-14/F-16 are the worst choice due to fuselage shape. F-18 would be decent, but the F-15 is still the best. F-22 would be ok, as it is boxy, but more like a trapezoid.

I have hope this'll be the case, for they're probably the most famous planes in Japan--home of Takara. :)

Here--anyone else agree with these for Skywarp and Thundercracker? (At least as far as real schemes go--there are no metallic blue F-15's with red stripes and black fins)

Edited by David Hingtgen

hell dude I agrree! Totally forgot about the ACTIV! I think for support seekers(last3 aka dirge ramjet and that other guy) they can use the F-2 or FSX viper zero. IF they can use the ORIGINAL design reminscent of the F-16AFTI with canards...then awesome! the seeker teams would then complenent each other qwuite wel., And since hasbrto said they would never repaint anyone WITHOUT doin remolds...we can have this.

screamer-F-15Activ

tcracker-F-15DJ(dual cockpit)

skywarp-F-15J or E with FASt packs and CFTs

Dirge-FSX normal F-2A

ramjet-F-16 Afti/FSX ORIGINAL

thrust-FSX F-2B

I think a flanker woujld work quite well fgor transforming plane...I myself am working ona custom just for the hell of it design.

Sky/Jetfire alternator....altm mode?

F-14B SUper tomcat F110 engine Test bed. Remember the red white blue? that baby. The one on display on the intrepid in new york. I will post here and at tmpforums.com when i am done.