Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Does anyone know where the Alternators can be ordered online? BBTS has the original Takara versions, but $55 is pretty steep, considering their US counterparts are less than half that price. I'd rather just pay S&H, not S&H + import fees. ;)

I got the Alternator Smokescreen at Target, and the kid who manages the toy department (who looks like he is all of 16) swore that they would have Sideswipe in this week. But alas, just another shipment of the ol' blue Subaru. <_<

Edited by Midnightangel22

Does anyone know where the Alternators can be ordered online? BBTS has the original Takara versions, but $55 is pretty steep, considering their US counterparts are less than half that price. I'd rather just pay S&H, not S&H + import fees. ;)

I got the Alternator Smokescreen at Target, and the kid who manages the toy department (who looks like he is all of 16) swore that they would have Sideswipe in this week. But alas, just another shipment of the ol' blue Subaru. <_<

BBTS sells the alternators version as well, also as of this moment the alternator Smokescreen is available off of amazon.

For the SF East Bay Area MW's San Lorenzo Target has three Sideswipes. I got the last Smokie there and they were at the Actionfig aisle. Also try Bayfair Target I saw three Smokies there.

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

Wheelie.. so we can hate him AAAAALL over again!  :ph34r:

No, dude. He should be a Pontiac Aztek.

It should be that new Chevy Aveo or when Cartman calls for a towel "ABEEEEEEEGA!" :lol:

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

toysrus.com ;)

Does anyone know where the Alternators can be ordered online?  BBTS has the original Takara versions, but $55 is pretty steep, considering their US counterparts are less than half that price.  I'd rather just pay S&H, not S&H + import fees. ;)

I got the Alternator Smokescreen at Target, and the kid who manages the toy department (who looks like he is all of 16) swore that they would have Sideswipe in this week.  But alas, just another shipment of the ol' blue Subaru. <_<

toysrus.com ;)

Toyrus.com doesn't have it yet. Wonder why, they do have the smokescreen though.

thats not an element commercial, thats one of the commercials for the scion xA and xB didnt you see that that at the end of the comemrcial they had to 2 seperate cars next to eachother? and i believe scion is a subsidiary of toyota so honda wasnt involved

Whatever it was, it was horrible...I can't believe it's a hatchback though! It looked so much like a mini van...

thats not an element commercial, thats one of the commercials for the scion xA and xB didnt you see that that at the end of the comemrcial they had to 2 seperate cars next to eachother? and i believe scion is a subsidiary of toyota so honda wasnt involved

Whatever it was, it was horrible...I can't believe it's a hatchback though! It looked so much like a mini van...

basicly imagine a PT cruiser, chop it all into flat boxed surfaces and reduce it's size by like 20%

Hi, i saw plenty of Smokescreen, and Sideswipe on Target at Westheimer/Wilcrest intersection here in Houston TX. Guys, have anyone noticed that what is in the instruction booklet differs from the illustration on Sideswipe's box? I personally prefer the illustration version rather than the booklet version.

I'm I late? Have you guys noticed this hmmm.... mistake?

Vic.

P.S. Also, Have anybody seen the 20th anniversy Optimus in stores? A friend o' mine fell in love with my Takara version, and he wants to get Hasbro version. So if you have, please let me know!

P.S. Also, Have anybody seen the 20th anniversy Optimus in stores? A friend o' mine fell in love with my Takara version, and he wants to get Hasbro version. So if you have, please let me know!

walmart has them in for $64, ive heard target has them for $60 but i havent seen it there yet

Are you sure cause its a close tie with the vibe

Actually, the Vibe doesn't look so bad. And at least it uses Toyota components.

The Aztek has no redeeming value whatsoever.

As for the PT Cruiser, it's not bad at all. It just tries to look retro like the other 'hip' new cars on the road. The Aztek design is a result of crack overdose.

Hi, i saw plenty of Smokescreen, and Sideswipe on Target at Westheimer/Wilcrest intersection here in Houston TX. Guys, have anyone noticed that what is in the instruction booklet differs from the illustration on Sideswipe's box? I personally prefer the illustration version rather than the booklet version.

Vic.

I bought one of the last two Vipers at that Target on Saturday. I wasn't planning on buying one but it looked pretty sweet and has grown on me.

I have not seen Prime yet but I have not looked that hard. It sounds like they are just in Walmarts right now.

BTW - The PT Cruiser is not all that bad looking. It is going for that retro hot rod look and I think it pulled it off. I still don't like it much but it at least has some decent curves. The Aztec, however, is just a chunk of fugly. It has so many sharp, akward angles that the only way to like it, is to like that it is so dam ugly and that you will be the only one driving one in your town.

Guys, have anyone noticed that what is in the instruction booklet differs from the illustration on Sideswipe's box? I personally prefer the illustration version rather than the booklet version.

Vic.

Yep, you can find the correct transformation at BWTF.com. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Hasbro, If you try and transform it the way they illustrate you may break the damn thing. :wacko:

Which explains why I have stress marks and a chip in my Sideswipe's arms. You know, it's impossible to TF Smokescreen like they show it, too.

Dear Hasbro: how hard is it to photocopy the Japanese black and white instructions? A monkey of moderate intelligence is able to do that, can't you. Why do you persist in doing your own, messed-up instructions lacking half the steps which only lead to broken TF's?

And anyways--the ugliest cars are the Focus, and Echo. THEN the PT cruiser and Aztek.

Dear Hasbro:  how hard is it to photocopy the Japanese black and white instructions?  A monkey of moderate intelligence is able to do that, can't you.  Why do you persist in doing your own, messed-up instructions lacking half the steps which only lead to broken TF's? 

Because that means fans who break the toy on the 1st try, will have to go buy another one, for a second try.

Edited by GobotFool

Ouch!

Bad news about the Decepticon Alternators.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/energon.../dn/default.cfm

DAMN.

I guess Starscream is going to be an evil WRC (i.e. very close to something you'd see in The Fast and Furious). :p

Starscream: "Thundercracker. I live my life a quarter mile at a time."

----------

Optimus Prime: "How did you obtain those ruby crystals of Burma."

Megatron: "MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD PRIME."

Ironhide (to Optimus): "Smoke him."

:blink:

how come Mirage hasn't come out as a G1 Commemorative Re-issue yet?

Patience........

Keep an eye on ebay. I got a MIB Ligier Italian Diaclone Mirage for 90$ on ebay. Just keep looking there. I have seen several there. I would rather have a diaclone version then a Transformer version. Remember which came first. Kind of humorous that the original line the toys came from are cheaper in some cases.

I am disappointed about this but what can we do....

I like the idea of making them the Stunticon names. I hope they keep the standard decepticon names (SS TC M SW) off of them.

Edited by Myriad

Actually I already have a G1 Mirage w/accessories (unboxed).

What I'm actually looking for is the Takara Transformers Collection series of Mirage. If and when it comes out.

And I'd totally be stoked if they came out with a Binaltech F1 Racer Mirage. :ph34r: