Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Ok I tried to look up the correct alternate tranformation for Lambo but could not find it. So here is my Sideswipe alternate transformation. I remember that the trunk was the chest and I thought the doors were opened like wings (from some TF website a while back) If you do this the trunk only closes so much on the chest.

If the wings are open and the wheels are behind the shoulders facing backwards, the wheels block the fender from going over the shoulder. Now if you have the wings and wheels to the side of the shoulders then there is clearance for the wheel well to fit over the chest shoulders.

post-26-1075660541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Also I didnt like jsut swapping the hands. I swapped arms. Now there is a problem if you do this. Do not swap the bicep portion of the arms. They are positioned in such a way as to being detrimental to transformation in car mode if swapped. Unscrew the screw in the bicep. Remove the lower portion of the arm and swap that forearm assembly with the other side. that way you dont have gaps on the outside of the arms.

post-26-1075660754_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Has anybody hear that the Mazda Alt is names Skids?

I literally heard this 15 minutes ago from a coworker of mine.

??? His source? Link?

This name had occured to me. I finally decided it was the shape of the door wings that caused the idea to pop into my head. I never had Skids, so I'm not sure what his head looks like.

I still think Jazz would be a better fit, especially if the red color is not final.

Jazz should still be a porsche... keep them to their original makes and models :) . Bumblebee as the new bug, Inferno as a new fire truck, and so on and so forth.

That would be nice, but as we've already established in the last 9 pages of this thread, there wont be any VW or Porsche Bin/Alt toys, meaning Bumblebee and Jazz will have to be other vehicles if their names are used.

Are you planning to mod Sideswipe anymore Solscud?  B))

Yep. I got a Viger GTS diecast and will put those rims on and when i get another sideswipe I will do a racing version. Jsut white stripes and Spoiler. Maybe it will be a sunstreak version.

Edited by Solscud007

That prowl is sweet!!

As for Sideswipe, I saw him in Target, but decided to hold off on buying him. It just never caught my eye as much as smokescreen did. Now, Hound, I will buy when he comes out.

I wasn't going to pick up anything from Wal Mart because I only needed to pick up my new eyeglasses. Well, I decided to make a detour, low and behold I found a Sideswipe Alternator amongst the hundreds of Energon pieces.

SCORE! B))

Remy has some nice pics up of Alternators Hound.

http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act191/

The funny thing is he doesn't have it listed yet. His numbered gallerys jump from 190 to 192, so out of curiosity I typed in "191" and found this. Nice little surprise. B))

I must say, this has me even more excited for Hound. I think he's my favorite of the bunch so far. And check out that front and rear suspension! Nice touch. March can't come soon enough!

Edited by eriku

ugh... Hound looks great in car mode but I can't bring myself to like his robot mode... I dunno... he just looks really boxy with akward limbs to me.

Don't most Transformers fit that description? :lol: Personally, Hound's bot mode is my favorite of the Bin/Alts so far.