Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Optimus isn't an alternator. But knowing Takara, there'll be 5 or 6 repaints at least of him. :)

As for Silverstreak: I think he looks much better than Smokescreen. (I hate stickers/logos on cars--whether rally or rice)

Silverstreak car mode pic:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/images/..._vehicle_lg.jpg

Robot mode:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/images/...ws/81309_lg.jpg

What's the status of Alternator Sideswipe? The last time I check my local Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us was last December. I don't think I found anything that weekend. Are the Hasbro Sideswipe's already in stock at most retailers? :blink:

What's the status of Alternator Sideswipe? The last time I check my local Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us was last December. I don't think I found anything that weekend. Are the Hasbro Sideswipe's already in stock at most retailers? :blink:

I'm in Minnesota, where we seem to be at the end of the chain for toy releases and Sideswipe has been spooted at several places here over the last couple weeks. Maybe it's getting a lower distribution than Smokey.

What's the status of Alternator Sideswipe? The last time I check my local Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us was last December. I don't think I found anything that weekend. Are the Hasbro Sideswipe's already in stock at most retailers?  :blink:

I'm in Minnesota, where we seem to be at the end of the chain for toy releases and Sideswipe has been spooted at several places here over the last couple weeks. Maybe it's getting a lower distribution than Smokey.

It's possible will see more and more sideswipes are time goes on. At most venues, I noticed only a trickle of Smokescreens at first. Now, our local Target (and the two back home in Clearwater) average AT LEAST six in a shipment.

I received Alternator Smokescreen at Targets in DE. FINALLY!!! I've owned the BinalTech version since this past September, so I was able to do some compairisons. Alt Smokescreen is a great toy. The plastic doesn't feel as cheap as other toys costing three times as much as it (*cough*TOYNAMIMPC*cough*). I admit, the BT version definately has the model car look and feel. But I like to transform my toys more than once, and My BT isn't looking showroom fresh right now, thanks to some chips on the undersides of the car, on the hinges of the front wheels, on top of the front right headlight, and a pinhead size chip on the trunk. So from now on, I'll continue playing with the ALT version, and I might give out the BT version, since it's run its course. It looks awesone next to my MP Convoy. I can't wait for Sideswipe.

I bought alt SideSwipe today at Target, Looks good but I have not opened him yet. I think I'll get the BinalTech for the ones I really like and the Alternators for the ones I kinda Like. ;)

I think silver streak lewks eeeeeeeeeeeew compared to smokescreen.

The only thing it has going for it is the spoiler in robot mode makes the legs lewk kinda normal.

I just really thought the paint skeem of smokescreen rawked.

Can any one tell me if the hasbro smokescreen main blue is the plasitc or is it metallic paint like the taka?

I'm hoping that the Hasbro Streak will be grey plastic. The BT version is just too damn shiny.

Shiny? Isn't that what makes it look sleek & nice?

There's a fine line between shiny and gaudy and IMO streak crosses this line.

Since we're on the subject of Transformers there's been an update by one of the producers (Don Murphy) of the upcoming TRANSFORMERS LIVE ACTION MOVIE.

"Movie Update from Producer

Many things to tell all of you.

1- The Transformers Film that I am doing with Tom Desanto is still on target. Three studios are discussing a deal as we speak. We hope to conclude a deal within the next month.

2- We are going to get this film right, and follow the classic mythology of the show and the comics"

You can read more about it HERE.

On an related note.

There's an online petition to get Peter Cullen and Frank Welker to reprise their roles (as the voices for Optimus Prime and Megatron) for the upcoming Live-Action Transformers movie.

You can sign the online petition HERE. B))

Since we're on the subject of Transformers there's been an update by one of the producers (Don Murphy) of the upcoming TRANSFORMERS LIVE ACTION MOVIE.

"Movie Update from Producer

Many things to tell all of you.

1- The Transformers Film that I am doing with Tom Desanto is still on target. Three studios are discussing a deal as we speak. We hope to conclude a deal within the next month.

2- We are going to get this film right, and follow the classic mythology of the show and the comics"

You can read more about it HERE.

I guess they're goin' full trottle on this project huh? I hope whoever is doing this won't ruin it.

I just picked up Energon Starscream at Walmart.

He looks great in Robot mode.

So far Energon is pretty neat. Much more Gen 1 than Armada was.

;)

If you don't have him already, get Battle Ravage. I picked him up yesterday, and aside from some psycho tight joints, he looks great.

As for the binaltech/alternators... Hmm.... The corvette looks good, hound looks interesting... I might stick to the plastic versions as importing while cheap on shipping, is expensive... The plastic versions are retailing for about 30-40 bucks over here in Ottawa.

I just picked up Energon Starscream at Walmart.

He looks great in Robot mode.

So far Energon is pretty neat. Much more Gen 1 than Armada was.

;)

Yeah, Screamer is great, He is the only Energon figure that I bought so far. I might get some more of the basics (Maybe Ravage).

Yup. Still haven't found a good way to do it. (As in, a way which doesn't stress/bend some parts so much I fear they'll snap or deform) You either have to really bend the blueish elbow peices, or make the forearms really scrape against each other and stress the shoulders. Neither way is very good.

thxns for the link, well i must say, the std of their normal transformers is definately improving, i was quite impressed. I remember the transformers i got when i was a kid (way after G1 times) and they sucked quite badly, it was quite a feat if u found a transformer that had separate legs in robot mode.

Any1 know if takara is bringing out a battle damaged masterpiece prime?

Edited by FlyingPika

I don't care for Starscream's mish-mash of colors, but he's still easily my favorite Energon toy. I just picked up Rodimus, Snowcat and Prowl the other day too. Rodimus and Snowcat are great, but Prowl could have used some more work.

Jsut got my Sideswipe yesterday. Its ok. Not bad for 20 but still like my Smokey

Damn, Nick... I'm gonna have to arrange something with you where you can get those Alts for me. My stores are always out of them.

Alternate transformation:  rotate head and waist 180, swap hands.  Trim plastic from trunk near joint to get it to fold closer to his body. 

His gun is finicky, but only because his fingers are so stiff and the trigger finger likes to move with the others.  Once you get it, it's quite secure.

As for the arms---yeah, there's a lot of joints, that only move like 270 degrees, and it's always the other 90 degrees that you're trying to work with.  Also, many of them only "work" if the arm's bent a certain way.  Look closely at the red parts closest to the chest--ONE of the corners is rounded.  The black parts can only rotate around it there, and only if the arms are in the right place. (Getting his elbows/forearms right are yet another thing--I think 2 of the 4 corners are angled to allow passage without getting in the way of the doors--his arms aren't QUITE square in cross-section, and it's just enough that they'll only rotate in one direction without bending the door mounts)

Overall suggestion for his arms:  arrange/TF them when they're going straight out to his sides--every joint is movable in that position.  Get them all lined up, THEN move them down to his sides.  If you move them down, then try to rotate, it won't work.  (Well, it will, but with severely stressing and bending the parts). 

PS---I found if you trim the trunk for the alternate transformation, and fold it back, but leave him in the standard transformation, it looks a lot better than the regular transformation--less kibble, and he gains shoulder-mounted missiles.

David, I just picked up a Sideswipe tonight. Do you have any pics of what needs to be trimmed for the alternate transformation?? And how exactly do you get missles in the regular transformation without leaving his back half-transformed??

Edited by muswp1