Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Bah!! :angry: I found one Sideswipe and two Smokeys at Wal-mart here in Simi Valley, CA. I held the Sideswipe for a good couple of minutes... then put him back behind the two Smokeys. It just didn't tug my heart to buy it. And I don't really like the Viper SRT-10. If it were the Viper GTS (like Speedbreaker/Sideburn from RiD), then I woulda bought it. I'm not a fan of the Viper RT's.

Now Tracks I can get into, but where's the flying car mode??? T_T At least they kept the shoulder missiles. I wonder if they fire.

A good idea for an Alt car would be the Scion xA. That's be a good sculpt to use for one of the G1 minicars. Gears or Windcharger, perhaps.

Hey! He has his shoulder missiles! Sweet!

The level of kibble is a little disapointing. However, remember how mistransformed all the prototypes for Sideswipe always were? So I wouldn't put to much stock in this guys transformation of Tracks. I'll make my judgments on the bot mode when Takara releases official pictures.

Edited by GobotFool

hmmm looks like he's wearing a skirt... :huh: and some samurai stuff..

Yea. I found that rather ironic, considering he's one of the American cars planned for the series, and looks more "samurai" like than Smokescreen.

Looks good so far, I definitly hope it has a better color, like blue though. BTW I hope Tracks is just holding his gun in his right hand, not having the gun for a hand.

It looks like he has a gun instead of a hand....

hmmm looks like he's wearing a skirt...  :huh: and some samurai stuff..

Yea. I found that rather ironic, considering he's one of the American cars planned for the series, and looks more "samurai" like than Smokescreen.

Yeah, Sideswipe also reminds me alot of a samurai.

WOW!

Very cool. Tracks was definitely one of my favorite transformers. And I love that they gave him those shoulder missles! It also looks like they maybe can be swung away and hidden? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

He does look a little stiff, but keep in mind that's also how the seller positioned him. With all the articulation we've been seeing, i'm sure the FINAL will look much cooler and in a cooler pose.

Yellow is most lkely just for the prototype. Almost certain that he'll be dark blue.

And as much as a part of me wants it, I forsee Takara/Hasbro not putting any flames on the hood. :ph34r:

And as much as a part of me wants it, I forsee Takara/Hasbro not putting any flames on the hood.  :ph34r:

why not? compared to the decal work on Smokescreen, hood flames are a small thing.

The hood flames are really an 80's thing. However, I do believe random performance stickers are all the rage now. <_<

Yea, I know it's the Sub race car, so the stickers are okay. :lol:

Seeing as the BT/Alternators series are updated versions of the old bots, I SERIOUSLY doubt we'll see them on the C5. Personally, I think they'd look rather tacky.

And as much as a part of me wants it, I forsee Takara/Hasbro not putting any flames on the hood.  :ph34r:

why not? compared to the decal work on Smokescreen, hood flames are a small thing.

The hood flames are really an 80's thing. However, I do believe random performance stickers are all the rage now. <_<

Yea, I know it's the Sub race car, so the stickers are okay. :lol:

Seeing as the BT/Alternators series are updated versions of the old bots, I SERIOUSLY doubt we'll see them on the C5. Personally, I think they'd look rather tacky.

Nope. Exactly. I just figure it's too much of an 80s thing to put those flames on a car of today.

It worked really well on G1 Tracks because of his old car style, but on this updated BT/Alt version, I just don't see it. He'll probably be really clean like Sideswipe, Silverstreak, and Hound, who I think should've been designed to turn into a military jeep from the get-go.

I wonder if they'll do any Skylines. Now THAT would be a winner!

:):):)

Hey by friend pointed out something about Sideswipe. How come takara was able to make Prowl into a lamborghini for RID but not Binaltech? that was what a year ago? License expire or something?

No, nothing like that. You see Mach Alert/Prowl were Lamborghinis but they were *not* officially licensed products like the vehicles featured in the Alternators line. In other words, Takara/Hasbro never really bothered asking for permission to use the designs. And you don't see the word Lamborghini anywhere on the toys. The only licensed vehicle in the line was RID Sideburn (not Car Bros. Speedbreaker though) ..mainly because someone at Dodge noticed the resemblance and approached Hasbro about putting their name on the product.

And why do I get the sickening feeling Ford just might have been the company to say no to the designers of the Binaltech/Alternator line? Who else is left since it obviously was not GM? I was hoping since Mazda said yes that their parent company would as well. Now I am not so sure anymore. :(

Melissa (who is seeing her hope of a Mustang alternator slip further and further away...)

The only licensed vehicle in the line was RID Sideburn (not Car Bros. Speedbreaker though) ..mainly because someone at Dodge noticed the resemblance and approached Hasbro about putting their name on the product.

Also, Mercedes-Benz noticed that Wild Ride looked like an M-Class and approached Hasbro with a threat to sue them. As a result, "X-Brawn" (what a lame name) had his headlights altered to look different from the original sculpt.

And why do I get the sickening feeling Ford just might have been the company to say no to the designers of the Binaltech/Alternator line?

Well, now that Chevrolet has licensed the C5 Z06, Ford should take the opportunity to let Takara/Hasbro make a Mustang Autobot.

The question is this: Which Mustang should they use - the GT Concept or the actual GT production model?

MustangGTCoupConcept10.jpg

2005 Ford Mustang GT Concept

WindveilBlueGT-2.jpg

2005 Ford Mustang GT

Edited by areaseven

Mustang GT Concept all the way!!!

It just screams "Next Gen Bad Ass Autobot"!!!

Hell they could call it. . .

"Windcharger"

Or even go a stretch further,

paint it candy apple red and call it. . .

"Hot Rod"

Just a thought.

And by the way, "Tracks" looks like it will kick ass. . .

But let's see the final cut.

Point: X-Brawn was altered because he was a nigh-perfect Mercedes (320?). Mach Alert/Prowl however, isn't quite a Diablo. Yes, he's obviously supposed to be a Diablo, but he's not. Apparently he's just far enough off that Lambo either didn't care, or couldn't take legal action for infringement. Ironically, the little spychanger guy (the yellow one) is a more accurate Diablo, I think I pegged him as a 93/94 when I was comparing my RID toys. :)

PS--since we got a C5 Vette, that gives me great hope for like a 2002 Z28 SS. :)

Edited by David Hingtgen

LOL. I, too, want a Mustang Alternator all too badly seeing as how I own three Mustangs. But who could it be...? I know the original cars weren't evem close to Mustangs, but I've always been partial to the names Nightbeat, Streetwise, and Wildrider.

Well, anyway, back to the topic at hand. I personally LOVE seeing the shoulder-mounter missile launchers. Is it just me, or does it look like Tracks has enough firepower so that he doesn't have to take anything from anybody?! This is yet another must-have Alternator. (Actually, all of them have been for me thus far. LOL.)