Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I wish they just sell it at retail or setup non refundable pre-order where a production run only occurs with they reach X number. That way they don't overproduce.

The whole lottery thing stinks. They aren't getting a cut of the 2nd hand market prices.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, danth said:

I'm out of the loop; how does one acquire one of these?

This is an event exclusive during Tamashii Nations 2023. The only way to get one now is check Mandarake or Yahoo Japan Auctions. Prices range from Y50000 to Y120000. If you don't mind the price or don't want to place auction on YJA listing, Luna Park is selling it for Y64500.

Edited by no3Ljm

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This is an event exclusive during Tamashii Nations 2023. The only way to get one now is check Mandarake or Yahoo Japan Auctions. Prices range from Y50000 to Y120000. If you don't mind the price or don't want to place auction on YJA listing, Luna Park is selling it for Y64500.

Ah. The "second release in April" made it sound like there would be another opportunity to get one at retail.

15 minutes ago, danth said:

Ah. The "second release in April" made it sound like there would be another opportunity to get one at retail.

This was my impression as well.

4 hours ago, danth said:

The second release in April I believe is thru their lottery system.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The second release in April I believe is thru their lottery system.

But remember that the Lottery for this was held back in November, It remains to be seen what happens after that...🤔

47 minutes ago, danth said:

Are any retail releases of the Chogokin 1/48 coming up besides the Ostrich?

At the moment, no! Expect VE-1 to be announced shortly after the release of the VT-1...😉

I wrote a complete overview of all the releases.....

Edited by grogall

12 hours ago, grogall said:

But remember that the Lottery for this was held back in November, It remains to be seen what happens after that...🤔

Understood. All I just did is answer to the question on how this item can be attained. The whole point of my replies is that you can't order this from any regular retail store.

The best bet is to lurk online or beg anyone you know in Japan who can get this for you. And be ready to pay more than retail price.

4 hours ago, grogall said:

At the moment, no! Expect VE-1 to be announced shortly after the release of the VT-1...😉

I wrote a complete overview of all the releases.....

Hmm, I would think they would want to change things up in-between. Maybe another VF-1A/J/S.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:15 PM, grogall said:

Episode 16

image.png.d76a7fd9a874ac9626740e0eb9f191c2.png

image.png.c44964a87f307067eaa2f3e34ad804ea.png

For some reason this came back to me.

image.png.100c3c73346cbcbad0149e712b4adc35.png

But anyways…does anyone really know what the official names for this squadron is? The last I saw translated was persimmon squadron on various bootleg copies and what show up in YouTube.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Huh, didn't know that existed.

It's literally just that one shot, and likely unintentional.  They're otherwise all brownies in that episode, save the Vermillion trio.

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

does anyone really know what the official names for this squadron is?

Why would a simple animation error be given an official name?  This isn't Robotech😉

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Understood. All I just did is answer to the question on how this item can be attained. The whole point of my replies is that you can't order this from any regular retail store.

The best bet is to lurk online or beg anyone you know in Japan who can get this for you. And be ready to pay more than retail price.

Wasn't meant to be negative! I was just letting @danth know that the lottery was over. To make sure it's not something that's being held again! and that he should try a third party dealer. Although when the second release is sent out in April the price should come down somewhat, but it still remains to be seen. Don't know why this actually became such a hot item all of a sudden!? 🙄

23 minutes ago, grogall said:

Wasn't meant to be negative! I was just letting @danth know that the lottery was over. To make sure it's not something that's being held again! and that he should try a third party dealer. Although when the second release is sent out in April the price should come down somewhat, but it still remains to be seen. Don't know why this actually became such a hot item all of a sudden!? 🙄

No worries. We're good. :drinks:

4 hours ago, grogall said:

Don't know why this actually became such a hot item all of a sudden!?

Well, I hope it has. Anything to spur Bandai to up output!

That desire was not expressed by my wallet, however.

20 hours ago, tekering said:

It's literally just that one shot, and likely unintentional.  They're otherwise all brownies in that episode, save the Vermillion trio.

Why would a simple animation error be given an official name?  This isn't Robotech😉

Well you know, it’s like the VT-1C and the VEFR-1. You just want it to be known for the sake of the completeist like me.🤗

On 3/1/2024 at 1:41 AM, grogall said:

Don't know why this actually became such a hot item all of a sudden!? 🙄

I feel due it being a "new" production run. Sure you can get the strike parts(minus the clear parts) and Hikaru separately and get 99% of the exact same toy but they are old nearly 4 year old items. Even if you land a new sealed box its still "old." If you're going to pay say 50K+ yen you might as well want the newer items than some 4 year old items if you can.

1 hour ago, herkulease said:

I feel due it being a "new" production run. Sure you can get the strike parts(minus the clear parts) and Hikaru separately and get 99% of the exact same toy but they are old nearly 4 year old items. Even if you land a new sealed box its still "old." If you're going to pay say 50K+ yen you might as well want the newer items than some 4 year old items if you can.

Well glad I ordered it before the thing skyrocketed to oblivion, Have 1 boxed and one converted, so good for now....IMG_8247.jpg.d0cba2d0748ce3cb753ea1b7a4406ded.jpg.8a6aa6aec7952f10f97ea0e1c033e4f1.jpg😉

• 4 weeks later...

ok...its April...when is the 2nd batch of these things going to be released so the prices drop down to something NORMAL

I expect to wake up one morning and see 50+ of them competing on the 2nd hand market

image.png.530ee19c1141a6496937343d3dbf3320.png

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

ok...its April...when is the 2nd batch of these things going to be released so the prices drop down to something NORMAL

I expect to wake up one morning and see 50+ of them competing on the 2nd hand market

image.png.530ee19c1141a6496937343d3dbf3320.png

No one in their right mind is actually paying those "asking" prices....

Here are the sold listings....

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=マクロス+DX超合金+劇場版+VF-1S+ストライクバルキリー+一条輝機+メカニックエディション&ei=UTF-8&exflg=&va=マクロス+DX+VF-1S&b=1&n=60

Average is under 55K....with many auctions selling for less....

Let's see what happens when the next batch starts getting listed on YJA....lol

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

No one in their right mind is actually paying those "asking" prices....

Here are the sold listings....

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=マクロス+DX超合金+劇場版+VF-1S+ストライクバルキリー+一条輝機+メカニックエディション&ei=UTF-8&exflg=&va=マクロス+DX+VF-1S&b=1&n=60

Average is under 55K....with many auctions selling for less....

Let's see what happens when the next batch starts getting listed on YJA....lol

Recent sales look to be mostly 60,000-63,000 range. Though someone paid 69,000, and another paid 52,500.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Recent sales look to be mostly 60,000-63,000 range. Though someone paid 69,000, and another paid 52,500.

The Collector Beast within you laughs at your thoughts of patience and restraint....