What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

I have a question for anyone else that’s either building or has built the Queadluun Rau kit if they know if piece A9 on the back of the butt is for?

It has a notch at the bottom and after test fitting the waist area, it seems this can be pulled out. It leaves a thin slot and I was assuming it’s probably for a stand attachment and if so was wondering what stand to use?

IMG_2355.jpeg.999b351965ed56315caca451d8873df4.jpegI don’t read Japanese and couldn’t find anything mentioning a specific stand to use for this.

Since it’s a new year, I’m going to wish for a Hasegawa 1/48 scale VF-1D in 2024.

It seems like a reasonable idea, since it only involves tooling about 20 new parts to add to the VF-1 kit. I'm not sure how well the 1/72 version sold, but I assume it did ok since they reissued it with added box artwork.

On 1/1/2024 at 3:59 PM, Big s said:

I have a question for anyone else that’s either building or has built the Queadluun Rau kit if they know if piece A9 on the back of the butt is for?

It has a notch at the bottom and after test fitting the waist area, it seems this can be pulled out. It leaves a thin slot and I was assuming it’s probably for a stand attachment and if so was wondering what stand to use?

IMG_2355.jpeg.999b351965ed56315caca451d8873df4.jpegI don’t read Japanese and couldn’t find anything mentioning a specific stand to use for this.

I haven't even gotten mine yet, as it's on the slow boat over. But I would assume it's for a stand. Maybe some of the awesomeness builds that been popping up show which stand to use.

16 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I haven't even gotten mine yet, as it's on the slow boat over. But I would assume it's for a stand. Maybe some of the awesomeness builds that been popping up show which stand to use.

Honestly, the only picture I’ve seen of anyone using a stand was here by Tekering and it looks like it was just set on a flight stand at the legs rather than using the butt crack where that piece pops out. It may be designed for the one in the regult, but I’m not sure on the adapter. I just put my regult kits away since I got overly excited that the Queadluun Rau came out and I’ll have to dig them out again to check. I just remembered those being very short stands, but the adapter may fit.

8 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

Since it’s a new year, I’m going to wish for a Hasegawa 1/48 scale VF-1D in 2024.

It seems like a reasonable idea, since it only involves tooling about 20 new parts to add to the VF-1 kit. I'm not sure how well the 1/72 version sold, but I assume it did ok since they reissued it with added box artwork.

They have reissued the VF-1D a bunch of times including as The Virgin Road edition. Plus they released (and reissued) a GERWALK kit so I'd say it is popular enough. 

-BT

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

1/72 YF-19 with Fast Pack & Fold Booster
March 2024 Release
Y3,800

has240301.jpg

has240302.jpg

has240303.jpg

has240304.jpg

has240305.jpg

has240306.jpg

Oh nice - with a stand! If I get this right, this YF-19 can only be build with gears up?
I hope this will be a regular release and not a limited edition release or something.

1 hour ago, Urashiman said:

Oh nice - with a stand! If I get this right, this YF-19 can only be build with gears up?
I hope this will be a regular release and not a limited edition release or something.

I’m pretty sure it’s using mostly parts from their old kit and that had a gear down option. I’ll check and see the description if it mentions it

just checked and the description was a bit odd. It says the legs can be set in a parked state, so I’m pretty sure they mean gear down

Edited by Big s

31 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m pretty sure it’s using mostly parts from their old kit and that had a gear down option. I’ll check and see the description if it mentions it

just checked and the description was a bit odd. It says the legs can be set in a parked state, so I’m pretty sure they mean gear down

Ah okay - then I misread that. My Japanese is a bit rusty. In the description it says something weird. Reading in context it says a stand is in the kit because the gear is "parked", meaning in the gear bay. Maybe ... I am not sure. Do we have someone around that can try translate that properly?

IMG_2364.jpeg.b2f4a9dc5565de2984c4ca3fffdc951d.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Urashiman said:

Ah okay - then I misread that. My Japanese is a bit rusty. In the description it says something weird. Reading in context it says a stand is in the kit because the gear is "parked", meaning in the gear bay. Maybe ... I am not sure. Do we have someone around that can try translate that properly?

I just read the English description on hobbysearch 

Edited by Big s

Also worth noting they're re-releasing Minmay 2009 with Mikimoto art

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65787/

Ok but hear me out for 2024 wishlist:

1:48 YF-21
1:48 Macross Plus Weapon set with 2x Fold Boosters and all the Super Parts and missiles for YF-19 and YF-22

Someone on twitter has been posting a cardboard mockup of YF-21 wings to be scratchbuilt on top of a YF-19, so a spite announcement seems about right.

1 hour ago, Urashiman said:

oh ... well, that doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, the more I read it the more I’m confused by it

6 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

I don't get it. Is there something about this configuration that blocks the landing gear? I can't imagine they didn't include the sprue that has the landing gear parts.... or would they?

I was thinking the same. I have a feeling it’s included, but the wording is super confusing 

1 hour ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

1:48 Macross Plus Weapon set with 2x Fold Boosters and all the Super Parts and missiles for YF-19 and YF-22

Someone on twitter has been posting a cardboard mockup of YF-21 wings to be scratchbuilt on top of a YF-19, so a spite announcement seems about right.

My 2024 wishlist is a bit simpler in that I kinda want just one item more than most right now. I’d love to see a great kit of the DYRL Nousjadeul Ger to go with the movie version of the Queadluun Rau. 
As far as 2025 goes I’d like to see the tv versions of both of those suits. Although if they came out sooner, I wouldn’t pass them up

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Yeah, the more I read it the more I’m confused by it

I was thinking the same. I have a feeling it’s included, but the wording is super confusing 

I looked up the kanjis. So, it has the stand, and the parts for the landing gear included. Nothing to worry about.

machine translation is still bad when it comes to Japanese as much is read through context.

5 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

My 2024 Wishlist (it's long, sorry)

1/72 Super VF-1J Battroid Max

1/72 Queadlunn Max

1/72 VF-27

1/72 YF-29

1/72 YF-30

1/72 YF-19 battroid

1/72 YF-21 battroid

1/72 VF-11 battroid

more recolors of 1/72 armored battroid

more recolors of 1/48 VF-1 (I'd love it if the Minmay Special came out in 1/48)

1/48 VE-1

1/48 VT-1

1/48 VF-1D

Obviously not all in one year. But I'd be happy with any of them.

2 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

1/72 Queadlunn Max

I didn’t add this one to my wishlist since I figured that it’s inevitable. I can’t see Hasegawa going through so much trouble with the movie version and not recolor the plastic and add a new pilot. Still hoping they ad standing figures of the happy couple 

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

I just want a VF-4 Battroid. 

I’d be interested to see one from wave to go with their recent kits.

oddly Hasegawa has done only vf-1 and 0 variants and nothing else. I get the feeling that Max Factory will probably do the yf-19 since they’re already doing the vf-19. Not sure which company at this point will do what these days 

20 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Wave did already announce that one at least.

Honestly I'd just take any completely new tooling for 2024 besides the Fold Booster. More Battroids would be REALLY great.

Yeah. At least someone's planning one.

But I'd still be happy to see Hasegawa do one.

I'm very happy about the Wave series of VF-171 kits though. Doesn't seem like Hasegawa is ever going to bother. Hopefully Hasegawa will do at least one new tool this year. And I don't mean more Queadlunn variants.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:08 AM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Agree 100%

I know Arii in the past did a transformable 1/72 scale Valkyrie which was later released by Revell in the USA.

Did Hasegawa do anything similar?

(Sorry, been out of the loop when it comes to Hasegawa Macross kits!  I did recently get a Mac 0 1/72 VF-0S as a Christmas present from my daughters.)

2 hours ago, USMCBebop said:

I know Arii in the past did a transformable 1/72 scale Valkyrie which was later released by Revell in the USA.

Did Hasegawa do anything similar?

(Sorry, been out of the loop when it comes to Hasegawa Macross kits!  I did recently get a Mac 0 1/72 VF-0S as a Christmas present from my daughters.)

As KOG above said, the recent transforming kits have been from Bandai. Hasegawa and Max Factory seem to be doing separate kits for the different modes. As far as parts forming, there were the Tomy Techones in 1/144 and wave has a few VF-1 kits in 1/100. I think wave just rereleased their partsforming ones. And Bandai just started doing hg mostly partsforming 1/100 kits.

Most of the companies that handle Macross have stayed away from transforming kits from the Macross franchise. Bandai has a daring group of engineers that seem to like a challenge even if the end product isn’t the greatest. Their transforming VF-1 is a bit of a jiggly boy and either pops apart or just falls over, but I do have to praise their ambition