Anyone know what display stand is shown on this picture? I want to pose my vf-1s like this. Looks pretty slick.

pose.png

That's the official Yamato display stand, which works well for 1/48 (F/G mode) and 1/60 valks (all modes for VF-1).

I too love the v2 1/60's I have about 16 of them. For a lot of us we have been collecting since the late 80's. Between 2002 and 2009 the 1/48's were the best Valkyries money could buy. Or you could get the 1/55 Bandai valks(which I still like) and the Toynami stuff the very definition of floppy Valkyries. Back in 2003 you couldn't say hmmm I think I'll wait 6 more years for the v2 1/60's a lot of collectors at that time loved the 1/48's as the best valks of their time and still holds well against the newer models with gimmicks the newer stuff still do not have.

I agree. Certain VF-1 designs have not aged well, and arguments could be made that they were not that great to begin with (Toynami MPC, Yamato V1). Other VF-1 designs have become outdated when compared to newer designs that make their shortcomings evident, yet they still have a lot of appeal in spite of their shortcomings because they were innovative or outstanding in some particular way. I would place the Yamato 1/48s and the Takatoku/Bandai 1/55s in the latter category.

Like I said, the 1/48 is not a bad toy at all. I think I have a bit of a different experience compared to some because I owned a Yamato 1/60 v2 before owning a 1/48. This was after owning only 1/55s, so I was completely blown out of the water when I first handled the v2 1/60. Later on, I decided to get a 1/48 knowing that the v2 1/60 took a lot of their design cues from the 1/48. While still a very good toy, I think the 1/48 definitely does show that it's a previous generation toy.

Agreed. I owned only one 1:48 VF-1S which I bought only about 3 months before the 1:60 V2 hit the stores. I'm glad I got in on the v2's. The 1:48 was very cool for it's time, and I still have mine, I just love the smaller, tighter, better v2 sooo much more.

I only have one 1/48, the VF-1J Stealth and I like it a lot, I had a few 1/60 VF-1 v1, long before the v2 came along and I wanted to keep the 1/60 scale and omitted getting 1/48's, I prefer the v2 a lot more now.

But if there's 1/48 I'd like having right now to keepare the VF-1S Fokker and VF-1J GBP Armored, the armor proportions are so big that it makes it look very rugged.

Cool collection! I see that you removed the jaws from the vb-6 how did you do that?

Careful scraping, fine sanding, then a little touch up painting.

Nice collections. Where did you get Ozma VF-100 Armored?

It's a VF 100 ozma, modified with the armoured Alto parts that were custom painted.

finally have the first of the three display cases assembled. the first one will be for my capital ships and chogokin and here is what i haveb dug out the storage so far.

Do you happen to have the measurements on shelf spacing? I would like to know the height between shelves.

Seriously, someone needs to make a VF-1D upgrade kit for the 1/48's! I know the Capt. made these but unless hes making more (Probably not) some else get cracking on it. Too damn awesome not to have one, every collection should! B))

nah that was someone else's on the forum. I know they've been trying to sell it for a while. Mine was originally just a valk and then I had asked Kurt to do the custom for the FP. I believe the one that was listed off ebay was made by Kurt as well. I think he made three that I know of. I hope that one does go to a good home. I remember that one had one of the fins on the back piece broken, mine is intact.

I've always wanted to put a VF-1D head on a Super Ostrich. I like the Ostrich, but I never liked the head unit.

This is the entire reason I bought one of the VF-1D kits. Going to make a custom head for my VT-1. :D

I still want a different set of DYRL figures for that one though. Did anyone ever make a set of Hikaru and Misa in their clothes from when they got stranded on Earth? You could probably base them on the Virgin Road Max and VF-1D Minmay as a start.