Mission 25: Star Singer  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( You must be my Lucky Star 'Cause you shine on me wherever you are )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ( How this show lasted this long is a mystery to me... )

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 25 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

The truth of 7 years ago is revealed as Reina recovered the flight record of Wright Immelman that the Windermereans didn't bother with to examine. Seems the target was the Sigur Valens all along as NUNS knew how dangerous it is.

Berger reveals to Chaos Roid's Macross Galaxy hive mind 2.0 plan.

Speaking of NUNS Colonel Malang leads a fleet equipped with MDE as the situation calls for drastic measures.

I can't really respect Heinz as the kid has really become evil enslaving Mikumo and intends to enslave the entire galaxy. Tough it is the first time he faced with the horror of what he is doing when the MDEs exploded on the NUNS fleet. Feeling the deaths of the crew.

At the Hayate and Freyja front. Freyja is hiding her condition. Hayate receives a package from his mom. It was all the stuff and one phrase letters his father sent him. With a picture Freyja realizes the one who gave her player was Hayate's father.

Edited by RedWolf

no mecha action?

no hope of elysion dual wield macross cannon then :(

You can see NUNS fleet, sigur valens and Elysion cursing, and Hayate's restock Delta 05 in dock again, and you can see the NUNS fleet blow into fire balls as they exploding themselfs with the MDE under mind control with Mikumo's star song... many mecha without actions :)

Edited by CRYO

So other than a couple story questions answered nothing physically happens in this episode? No action. It all mostly just talking?

Is next week's episode suppose to be the last episode? I honestly thought episodes 24, 25 & 26 was going to be a nonstop 3 part ending. Taking a pause during episode 25 means that episode 26 is bound to feel rush. It could also means more episodes or a go see the movie if you want to see how it ends.

My Japanese isn't very good when it comes to a lot of technical terms but Berger seems to suggests that he thinks Lady M started around the same time of Megaroad-1 disappearance, so I guess the show wants to suggest Minmay/Misa = Lady M.

Also did Freya just activate a death flag by saying she'll talk to Hayate later about his father? and also lying about what happened to her hand?

Edited by ltmike104

Blah, blah, blah, plot at full stop, blah, blah, blah, we'll see Chuck's sister in next episode, with lot of talking predicted for the first half and hyperfast melee mode as soon as the writers realize it is last episode. No new mecha predicted. No megasuperpack expected. Maybe reinforcements. Also Freja is almost dying. Like Sheryl. May or may not die. Like Sheryl.

So plot wise we still know nothing about Lady M ?

Berger theorizes Lady M is from Megaroad 1. After the Vajra War Ragna received a transmission from subspace. It was the same frequency as the missing Megaroad 1 which has been missing for 51 years. Lady M appeared on the scene at that time.

And... NUNS fails again.

There's a lot of repetition/lazy writing all just in the second half of Delta. Berger comes AGAIN to the fleet for an infodump, NUNS sends a fleet AGAIN only to get destroyed by the Windermerians, leaving it up to Chaos, the Chaos crew prepares for battle AGAIN, except this time there is only 1 episode left for the entire show not 5 or 6. The only purpose of the last 2-3 episodes was so Mikumo gets captured to be used by Roid which could have easily been accomplished any number of times that Chaos/Windermere fought and not required all those wasted episodes.

If Delta was suppose to be 13 episodes and a movie and was now 26 and a movie, I would be ok with that. It would make sense that the second half of the show's run seems stretched out and lacks the solid plot/world/character development that we saw in the first half, but if this show just ends and there is no movie(s) in production this show is going to be a real disappointment compared to all the previous Macross series.

I haven't yet seen the episode, but I'm gonna predict from reading the spoilers that in the final episode

Frejya isn't going to die at the end of series. Mikumo is going to give her the magical goodness to lengthen her life. Feels like they're switching roles, Mikumo is in Ranka's position (albeit forced by Klattu Barada Nikto), and Freyja is in Sheryl's position, but not nearly as confident as Sheryl. So, Frejya is going to do something to snap Mikumo out of her funk, and either the SV and other protoculture attachments then become vulnerable to being wiped out, or Mikumo takes all of them, evolve to a higher life form, and folds away. (after all of this crap, why not...)

What would be shocking is if both Mikumo and Freyja bit the dust. I say it's possible for Mikumo just because she isn't a main character... far less likely for Freyja, if it happened, I think it would be unprecedented in a Macross series for one of the primary to die. It would be like Sheryl actually getting snuffed or Minmay biting the dust.

As for the NUNS fleet being destroyed, I don't suppose there were any new Macross class ships... or any Macross class ships with that fleet, was there? My guess is probably not. If they had an NMC go down like a bitch, then it is ridiculous.

I haven't yet seen the episode, but I'm gonna predict from reading the spoilers that in the final episode

Frejya isn't going to die at the end of series. Mikumo is going to give her the magical goodness to lengthen her life. Feels like they're switching roles, Mikumo is in Ranka's position (albeit forced by Klattu Barada Nikto), and Freyja is in Sheryl's position, but not nearly as confident as Sheryl. So, Frejya is going to do something to snap Mikumo out of her funk, and either the SV and other protoculture attachments then become vulnerable to being wiped out, or Mikumo takes all of them, evolve to a higher life form, and folds away. (after all of this crap, why not...)

What would be shocking is if both Mikumo and Freyja bit the dust. I say it's possible for Mikumo just because she isn't a main character... far less likely for Freyja, if it happened, I think it would be unprecedented in a Macross series for one of the primary to die. It would be like Sheryl actually getting snuffed or Minmay biting the dust.

As for the NUNS fleet being destroyed, I don't suppose there were any new Macross class ships... or any Macross class ships with that fleet, was there? My guess is probably not. If they had an NMC go down like a bitch, then it is ridiculous.

No NMCs but a whole bunch of cruisers, frigates, and carriers with fold jammers.

Spoiler: both singers would make it. Dead singers do not walk into concerts, and Macross is also about making live concerts. A lot. Maybe Hayate realizes Mikumo needs love to end the sadness loop, like in Zero, so Mirage gets sidelined yet again. Freja then marries ketchup boy. Mirage french kisses Bogue. Keith french kisses Roid. Mercats do what mercats do. And all rejoiced.

For not even seeing the episode I think you're going to be right.

As for the NUNS fleet, there was no new Macross-class ship. It was just more cannon fodder ships than last time and instead of generic captain leading it was the shady captain who detonated the MDE device from episode 13.

I don't think the show will address the plot hole why there are no NUNS Macross-class ships in the sector/cluster.

It was a cheapshot from the producers to introduce those piano versions of Oboeteimasuka. Using nostalgia to make me feel good about the episode...how dare they! :p

We all knew that Hayate's dad was the one that gave her the player so no surprises there. But Berger coming out and saying that there's a link between Lady M and Megaroad is a huge surprise since it's a bit of an aboutf ace from Kawamori on letting sleeping dogs lie. It's either Minmay or Misa then with one of the bunnies as a wild card.

I fear that the series will tank saleswise once those second cour BD's become available. Only Macross otaku and some Walkure fans will be gobbling up that stuff

It was a cheapshot from the producers to introduce those piano versions of Oboeteimasuka. Using nostalgia to make me feel good about the episode...how dare they! :p

We all knew that Hayate's dad was the one that gave her the player so no surprises there. But Berger coming out and saying that there's a link between Lady M and Megaroad is a huge surprise since it's a bit of an aboutf ace from Kawamori on letting sleeping dogs lie. It's either Minmay or Misa then with one of the bunnies as a wild card.

I fear that the series will tank saleswise once those second cour BD's become available. Only Macross otaku and some Walkure fans will be gobbling up that stuff

You hit the nail right on the head.

Made me feel all those DYRL feels all over again!

Once the show does come to an end will Walkure still stick around long enough

without the show backing it continue selling tickets?

They sure as heck are not selling many toys. Draken only drops 2017

and the usual trope this late in the series is a mysterious prototype VF to

swoop in and save the day.

Even king Gramia SV making a cameo in the last fight would be great but that would be asking too much i guess

You hit the nail right on the head.

Made me feel all those DYRL feels all over again!

Once the show does come to an end will Walkure still stick around long enough

without the show backing it continue selling tickets?

They sure as heck are not selling many toys. Draken only drops 2017

and the usual trope this late in the series is a mysterious prototype VF to

swoop in and save the day.

Even king Gramia SV making a cameo in the last fight would be great but that would be asking too much i guess

Well...

If they're talking about Megaroad 1, the special prototype may be some custom VF-4 :D

Not a spoiler, but Seto is gonna rip this episode a new one.

Honestly, I'm so sick of this show I haven't even watched Episode 24 yet.

Maybe... maybe it's just a japanese-english translation error...

"Lady emu"

IMG_0279%20emu%20face.jpg

Nah, emus have a winning track record in war... Lady M's track record is pretty awful.

(Don't believe me? Look up "Emu war" on Wikipedia...)