Mission 9: Uncontrolled Limit  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Grim Reaper episode!!!!!!!!)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (So Mr. Buzzkill has space cooties. Ewww.)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 9 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs.
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

This time I'm in Tokyo. Unlike last week, I have TOKYO MX and am ready to watch Macross Delta the same time as Japan.

No waiting!!! No subs!!! Hahahahahah!!! :lol:

Arad knows Messer has Var. Years ago he was a victim of Var and Kaname's song saved him.

Kaname was an idol whose career didn't pan out. She was to be Walkure's manager but she was recruited as she had Fold Receptor Factor.

It is revealed to those who doesn't know what Fold Receptors are. Hayate also has it.

Hayate and Mirage together keep Messer's secret. Unfortunately Bridge Bunnies spread that they are dating which reaches Walkure and Freyja. Freyja is anxious about it that she spies on them. Learning about Messer.

Walkure is testing singing at Ragna's own ruins. It is now already known that the apples and Ruin waters are the cause of Var.

On Windermere Roid isn't much concerned that intel leaked out. Keith and the Aerial Knights raid Ragna.

Their real objective was to get Walkure's effect on Ruins. Bogue again attacks Walkure who is on Macross Elysion but is thwarted.

Keith's real objective is to have his duel with Messer. Messer though is having another Var attack. Walkure singing brings him back.

With their primary objective accomplished the Aerial Knights retreat.

Interesting, the var in Messer seem to spread as he exerts himself in combat. This means he has some natural limits when he fights against Keith. Nice to see the Aerial knights have some type of objective. I think Messer is going to buy the farm at some point.

But this is a nice flushing out story, added more details to the background. Look forward to the translated version.

Finally, the animation error this time was very bad, so glaring, I caught it without even looking. Wish they do a better job.

To be honest the show is finally starting to be enjoyable to watch. They're finally starting to mix the music in better with the dogfighting and it feels much more macross-y. I think what I didn't like was how up until now some of the songs just felt out of place for what was happening on the screen, but that's changing now it seems.

Yoko Kanno is a friggin hard act to follow. I hope whoever is doing Delta keeps it up.

And yeah, those VF-31A's :0

It's interesting how they're starting to explain how Walkure has an impact on people, seeing as they all have some sort of fold-receptor factor. I guess there's suddenly a new way to emit fold waves rather than having it from Type-V infection like Ranka and Sheryl?

I hope this doesn't end up being some sorta new-type thingy like in Gundam lol.

Edited by Duymon

Starting to develop other characters, Messer's past, and Kaname's past had been mentioned, and they formed another delta with Arad

Some good dogfight again, but a bit dejavu?

And next episode is AXIA, seems continue storyline of Kaname + Messer + Arad

It's interesting how they're starting to explain how Walkure has an impact on people, seeing as they all have some sort of fold-receptor factor. I guess there's suddenly a new way to emit fold waves rather than having it from Type-V infection like Ranka and Sheryl?

I hope this doesn't end up being some sorta new-type thingy like in Gundam lol.

Too late for that and not exactly new, just gave a new name for it.

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRworldguide/02ABirdman.php

The Abilities And Maintenance Systems Of The "Birdman"

The Birdman has abilities that stand out, as a semi-organic cyborg that was produced in the golden age of Over Technology. However, operating for an extended period of time was impossible in a state without maintenance. So, it was arranged that the regeneration and activation would be carried out by the "space-time resonance ability" of the primitive Earthlings. Mayan Island was certainly a place where a religious form that centred on the Birdman was adopted, and the family of the head priest, who had powerful "space-time resonance ability", where the "Shrine Maidens".

The "Birdman" (...)

Caption: (...)

Caption: (...)

Caption: [F] (...)

Up: "The Birdman"

(...)

Mayan Shrine Maidens

Among the majority of Earthlings, who lost their space-time resonance abilities due to gene manipulation, they are from a family in which the space-time resonance abilities remained in order to regenerate and activate the Birdman. They have the beliefs of the Protoculture and Birdman at the genetic level. Also, it's said that families with identical abilities exist in various places on the Earth.

Right: Sara Nome

(...)

Left: Mao Nome

(...)

Caption: They have an existence that can be referred to as the person that connects the Birdman and the world, in addition to communication and providing information, they also have the pilot's role when the Birdman starts up.

Some Of The Supernatural Abilities Of The Shrine Maidens

Caption: Her abilities are for restoring and regenerating the Birdman. She demonstrated through the medium of song the possibility of restoring and stimulating the life force of plants and animals.

Caption: She has the ability to make such things as symbols modelled on the Birdman and rocks to float and take flight. Not only songs, but she also exhibited it with great changes of emotion.

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRtechnology/08aOvertechnology-SpaceFold.php

Extra Report: Fold Waves And Songs

Fold Waves, which are like waves generated by the higher dimensional space, are said to be deeply linked to Space Fold Navigation. It's thought that Song Energy, which was discovered in 2045, is a kind of Fold Wave, and research is being carried out on them even now.

Caption: Such things as the Fold Wave Amp and Fold Speaker were also discovered in the middle of the research on such things as Fold Waves and Song Energy.

Down: Sheryl Nome

Through the medium of the V-type Infectious Disease virus in her brain, Sheryl sang songs that contained faint Fold Waves.

Up: Ranka Lee

With the V-type Infectious Disease virus inside her body, Ranka's songs contained powerful Fold Waves.

Nice episode.

I liked the focus on the 2 potential triangles here. The dogfights were amazing too.

I do hope the battles between the Knights and Walkure actually have some consequences and don't become just a endless "battle of the week" thing. Not that I want anyone to die, but someone has to be shot down/injured or something to spice things up.

I want someone to die, I like Delta quite a bit, but too many characters. Thank goodness we have 6x Knights in addition to the leftovers like the guy in ep6.

Hey, they could have some character interactions with the red shirts that showed up today.

Edited by kalvasflam

I want someone to die, I like Delta quite a bit, but too many characters. Thank goodness we have 6x Knights in addition to the leftovers like the guy in ep6.

My money is still on Hayate killing Herman, which will only further infuriate Bogue.

And yeah, those VF-31A's :0

So do the VF-31A's actually manage to kick some ass this time, or do the just immediately get shot down like last time we saw them?

Arad knows Messer has Var. Years ago he was a victim of Var and Kaname's song saved him.

Kaname was an idol whose career didn't pan out. She was to be Walkure's manager but she was recruited as she had Fold Receptor Factor.

It is revealed to those who doesn't know what Fold Receptors are. Hayate also has it.

Sorry, just to clarify, you mean years ago Messer was a victim of Var and Kaname's song saved him?

Or you mean years ago Arad was a victim of Var and Kaname's song saved him?

The other carrier might've been on another mission or something. Probably like a B Team to Delta Platoon's A Team

I accidentally a whole carrier

accidentally what?

a whole carrier.

dammit...

this just doesn't look good for Messer in the great pineapple salad bonanza, huh, especially with the foreboding scene at the pier with him telling Mirage & Hayate that when it reaches a point that he loses control, just off him... noooooooo... don't go there...

Sorry, just to clarify, you mean years ago Messer was a victim of Var and Kaname's song saved him?

Or you mean years ago Arad was a victim of Var and Kaname's song saved him?

the former

Arad knows Messer has Var - years ago, Messer was a victim & it was Kaname's song that saved him.

So do the VF-31A's actually manage to kick some ass this time, or do the just immediately get shot down like last time we saw them?

Neither. They show up as reinforcements causing the aerial knights to retreat. Hey at least they didn't get blown away.

My money is still on Hayate killing Herman, which will only further infuriate Bogue.

I agree, Herman would have some impact on Bogue and make him more of an a-hole, unlike the evil twin brother or the other big lug. Keith can't die, he has to repent and see the error of his ways in the end and become redeemed. (aka Brera)

But if a member of Aerial Knights has to kick the bucket, then it is also reasonable that someone in Delta must eat a pineapple salad.

Dozo Yoroshiku Kakizaki-san

Macross-Delta-Character-Visual-Chuck-Mus

I figure it's him or possibly Messer, but Messer is a bit too obvious to further the rivalry. Chuck here though meets all the requirements.

- Not too important to worry about losing... check

- A VF color scheme that isn't too dissimilar from one of the grunts... check

- Has a family that will cry at his untimely demise, and thus engendering feelings of sadness and anger in the main cast... check

- No girl friend to be devastated when he dies... check

- A big lug like a certain fatty in the original... check

There is an outside chance of Arad dying, but I also like the idea of Mirage biting the dust. MIrage dying would set a precedence at many levels... kill off a potential member of the triangle, kill off someone with direct relations to the original series, kill off a Jenius (unthinkable), and if Kawamori can pull the trigger there, it'll really set Delta apart. I know it's not likely, but I can hope. (but it would also not be surprising given her medicore piloting skills, but it would be funny if it brought out either granny or grandpa for revenge, in which case, the Aerial knights can expect to last all of three seconds)

Getting back to the show, I do find the Freyja character to be quite likeable, she has a healthy dose of realism set in her character, she believes in what she is doing, and this episode, even though it starts to set up a triangle, is a very enjoyable one in terms of character development. She is definitely not Minmey or Ranka.

I have to say that Delta has really grown on me, I still wished for more realism in some ways, like more fighters engaging each other, non main character types, things in the background. My only complaint is that while Windermere thinks it's at war, there really isn't a real feeling of war here. Even in Frontier, when you didn't have fights every episode, the ship felt like it was in a conflict.

Edited by kalvasflam

I agree, Herman would have some impact on Bogue and make him more of an a-hole, unlike the evil twin brother or the other big lug. Keith can't die, he has to repent and see the error of his ways in the end and become redeemed. (aka Brera)

But if a member of Aerial Knights has to kick the bucket, then it is also reasonable that someone in Delta must eat a pineapple salad.

I figure it's him or possibly Messer, but Messer is a bit too obvious to further the rivalry. Chuck here though meets all the requirements.

- A VF color scheme that isn't too dissimilar from one of the grunts... check <--- Not really also the big radome makes his valk something pretty different, also you will need a new Delta 03 pilot

- Has a family that will cry at his untimely demise, and thus engendering feelings of sadness and anger in the main cast... check

There is an outside chance of Arad dying, but I also like the idea of Mirage biting the dust. MIrage dying would set a precedence at many levels... kill off a potential member of the triangle, kill off someone with direct relations to the original series, kill off a Jenius (unthinkable), and if Kawamori can pull the trigger there, it'll really set Delta apart. I know it's not likely, but I can hope. (but it would also not be surprising given her medicore piloting skills, but it would be funny if it brought out either granny or grandpa for revenge, in which case, the Aerial knights can expect to last all of three seconds)

Mirage? Is not going to happen and you know that. Is like me wanting Bogue and Keith dead, but is not going to happen... the only way to kill Keith is in a double KO with Messer and Bogue is going for the cliche path of a redeemed evil pilot XD

Edited by Alberich

I really hate spoiler tags. Makes reading these topics hard. Of course there's going to be spoilers in topics about specific episodes. Everyone should know that. Who are we protecting anyways with these spoiler tag? Why even read a topic about a specific episode if you haven't even watched it yet? By entering such a thread you have either watched the episode already or aren't concern about spoilers.

Decent episode overall. Nothing much to say, except that Kaname is quickly becoming my favorite character in the show bar none. Still hoping for a May-December Kaname/Arad pairing by show's end, or they trio up with Messer, or nothing happens at all. Though I just noticed in the opening Chuck's sister(?) checking out Messer from afar same as in the show. Maybe something will happen with that. The main trio are still fun, can still go in any direction and I'd be fine with it.

I really hate spoiler tags. Makes reading these topics hard. Of course there's going to be spoilers in topics about specific episodes. Everyone should know that. Who are we protecting anyways with these spoiler tag? Why even read a topic about a specific episode if you haven't even watched it yet? By entering such a thread you have either watched the episode already or aren't concern about spoilers.

Because most people here are waiting for subs. Any subs. Until a sub shows up, most people will avoid watching it.

Speaking of which, I'm just getting this episode now...

-I really dislike how Hayate just picked up the bracelet off the table. He could have hit the table or something but blatantly picking it up felt really rude. They could have found a better way to introduce AXIA.

-I think Hayate v. Bogue will be more entertaining than Keith v. Messer. Watching Keith and Messer do the little dance seems boring now. Watching from Hayate (and Mirage) get in Bogue's way seems way more entertaining.

Yeah, back when Frontier was airing, I'd watch the live stream, then raw, then subs.

Nowadays, as much as I like Delta, I just wait until Monday for the Subs.

I still read all the spoilers before watching though..........hahahha

- A VF color scheme that isn't too dissimilar from one of the grunts... check

hahahah, i am laughing so hard at this... poor Chuck, i'd cry for him ;) while you're talking Kakizaki-chan-style death, i'm mentally preparing for a Roy-sama/Mikhail-type mindf**k... evil laughter :)

a hot flyboy will die, i promise you.

another evil thought, if i wanna set precedent & off one of the 3 main characters, all that gori-gori goodness will go the way of apple juice. too much sweetness, yuck, cavities :p