Considering all the bullets he's lobbing at the bad guys, it makes sense for him to wear something to protect him from any potential return fire.

Wonder if Potter made the body armor for Castle too. :unsure:

I don't have any particular objections to the way women were written in Daredevil, although I do think to date it has lacked any compelling female characters. But i will say I hope they do Elektra justice and steer FAR away from nearly everything Frank Miller did with the character in the comics. I've no worries that will ever be a concern.

Charlie Cox thinks the same:

http://www.gamesradar.com/charlie-cox-says-daredevil-perfect-fit-marvels-cinematic-universe/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grfb

but I don't think its going to happen ever since they split up the MCU from the TVU heads as the aftermath of the Fiege vs. Perlmutter feud. I honestly wouldn't want to see Agents of Shields in any MCU movie... even though they have Coulson in common they just don't feel like they're in the same plain. AoS feels more like it belongs in the Fox's X-Men universe... ironically, Deadpool felt more like an MCU movie than a FOX one.

Wait, are you saying that there are 2 seperate Marvel Cinematic Universes? Not counting Fox's Deadpool/X-men universe of course. I thought DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, AoS ect where all in the Main MCU. I know there are seperate heads of development but they still are in the same universe. DD references the events of the Avengers and some of the themes in JJ seem like they would really play well into what we are seeing in Civil War, i.e..."people are scared"

I apologize if I miss understood you.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Four episodes done. I'm curious what people that know the characters will think as I know very little about them.

Spoilers for the 1st 4 episodes

you won't have to wait long for the new suit. It's entirely about the Punisher in these first 4 episodes Electra doesn't make her appearance until the end of ep. 4. Also, what I'm alluding to above, is Frank Castle publicly known as the Punisher in the comics?

Chris

I'm assuming Claire was referring to

Luke Cage when she was explaining the reason she was screwed over with the long hours and overtime?

Just finished the first three eps.

Definitely, enjoying it so far. They wasted no time getting the story rolling again.

And Foggy's AWESOME

explaining away all the cuts and bruises as being due to Matt being an alcoholic. :blink::lol:

Great season! With the exception of the fact that they failed to bring in Bull's Eye. I thought the guy killing everyone to frame Frank was going to be revelaed as him. I'm glad Nobu came back for a bigger scene but I loved his Ninja suit from last year more. Can't wait for the next season!

That was really pretty good. Better than season 1.

Spoilers...

So, random thoughts on season 2:

-This is the best Punisher we've ever seen on film or TV, and it's a near-flawless interpretation of the classic character. I was almost shocked that they kept his origins as a Marine sniper whose family gets gunned down in Central Park by the mob in a case of "wrong time, wrong place." His appearance in season 2 also served as a great treatise on the character--not only as he is in the show, but also as his relevancy as comic book character. And the casting of Jon Bernthal turned out to be right on the nose. I could quibble about his accent, but it's a nitpick. I was also only slightly disappointed that they decided to completely drop Frank's full last name, Castiglione. I'm Italian, man, it means something to me. :lol: If I had one serious issue here, it's over their decision to put a twist into the death of his family. Oh, hey, his ex-commanding officer is the Blacksmith and indirectly responsible for his family's death. But hey, Clancy Brown, so...

-I thought Elodie Yung as Elektra was great, but man, the ninja stuff and mysticism just doesn't work. As a show that plays at being grounded in the real world, it feels really out of place. This worked in the 80s during the ninja craze, but seems really dated now. Almost cringe-worthy. I really don't care about any of it, and I think it undermines the character. Actually, it undermines Daredevil as well. And I know, I know, the Hand is a big part of their storylines, but this isn't 1981 anymore. If I was part of the general audience, this would have turned me off to the season.

-Speaking of ninja, Daredevil chasing them down a manhole cover into the underground of the city... yeah, I laughed. Well played. Cowabunga

-Matt's double life tearing apart his personal and professional relationships in season 2 felt like the natural progression of things. It also felt like it gave us more time with Foggy and Karen, which I liked.

-And, of course, they are going to resurrect Elektra, which can only mean they aren't done with the ninja stuff yet. *sigh*

-Speaking of returning characters, it was great to see the Kingpin still has a role to play.

-As for characters not appearing, who else was expecting Bullseye to be the bad guy behind the storyline involving the Punisher? I sure was. It would have been a lot better than the Blacksmith plot they wedged in there.

-Will we see the Punisher back in season 3 with Microchip helping him out, or will they move him on to his own show? Does he deserve his own show? Discuss.

Edited by Duke Togo

That was really pretty good. Better than season 1.

Spoilers...

So, random thoughts on season 2:

-This is the best Punisher we've ever seen on film or TV, and it's a near-flawless interpretation of the classic character. I was almost shocked that they kept his origins as a Marine sniper whose family gets gunned down in Central Park by the mob in a case of "wrong time, wrong place." His appearance in season 2 also served as a great treatise on the character--not only as he is in the show, but also as his relevancy as comic book character. And the casting of Jon Bernthal turned out to be right on the nose. I could quibble about his accent, but it's a nitpick. I was also only slightly disappointed that they decided to completely drop Frank's full last name, Castiglione. I'm Italian, man, it means something to me. :lol: If I had one serious issue here, it's over their decision to put a twist into the death of his family. Oh, hey, his ex-commanding officer is the Blacksmith and indirectly responsible for his family's death. But hey, Clancy Brown, so...

-I thought Elodie Yung as Elektra was great, but man, the ninja stuff and mysticism just doesn't work. As a show that plays at being grounded in the real world, it feels really out of place. This worked in the 80s during the ninja craze, but seems really dated now. Almost cringe-worthy. I really don't care about any of it, and I think it undermines the character. Actually, it undermines Daredevil as well. And I know, I know, the Hand is a big part of their storylines, but this isn't 1981 anymore. If I was part of the general audience, this would have turned me off to the season.

-Speaking of ninja, Daredevil chasing them down a manhole cover into the underground of the city... yeah, I laughed. Well played. Cowabunga

-Matt's double life tearing apart his personal and professional relationships in season 2 felt like the natural progression of things. It also felt like it gave us more time with Foggy and Karen, which I liked.

-And, of course, they are going to resurrect Elektra, which can only mean they aren't done with the ninja stuff yet. *sigh*

-Speaking of returning characters, it was great to see the Kingpin still has a role to play.

-As for characters not appearing, who else was expecting Bullseye to be the bad guy behind the storyline involving the Punisher? I sure was. It would have been a lot better than the Blacksmith plot they wedged in there.

-Will we see the Punisher back in season 3 with Microchip helping him out, or will they move him on to his own show? Does he deserve his own show? Discuss.

Did they change the origins of Electra from how it was in the Comics I'm not that familiar with the Electra character.

Did they change the origins of Elektra from how it was in the Comics I'm not that familiar with the Elektra character.

I don't remember the details, but her origins are different.

Edited by Duke Togo

Just finished the last episode of Daredevil Season 2 late last night. This second season is even better than the first!

I loved Charlie Cox's Matt Murdoch/Daredevil this season. Though he's got the slowest burn of any of the character stories, they wrote some real stakes and consequences for Daredevil this season. The bromance between Matt and Foggy has always been the most dramatically compelling relationship for the two and the writers dragged it through the mud to hell and back, creating a wonderfully tragic breakup that really changed both characters. Foggy has become his own man, bravely striking out on his own and Matt realizes the error of protecting everyone around him by pushing them away and at last opens up in a powerful act of vulnerability to Karen. Daredevil's verbal sparing with the Punisher also acted as a great insight into both characters and provided some of the best dialog of the season.

Jon Bernthal has - to my mind - successfully created THE definitive interpretation of the Punisher I've yet seen in a live action adaptation. I know that's not saying much given the poor quality of every Punisher film thus far, but Thomas Jane's performance in the short film "Dirty Laundry" was in my opinion the high water mark...until now. I can't understate how significant this role has been for my fandom of the Punisher in live action adaptations. Bernthal's Punisher is what I've been waiting a lifetime to see onscreen. The scripts never treat the character as a caricature but rather write him as a fully three-dimensional person. The team also make what could have been a tired or cliched backstory vibrant, tragic and relatable. And yet, we as the audience are both simultaneously in awe and morally repelled at the incredible violence in this man. And Bernthal himself...dear gawd, he just dissolved into this role. His performance was so casual and so grounded. He played Castle as wonderfully multi-layered, both incredibly strong and unbelievably skilled, yet so vulnerable, damaged and haunted. It says something about the amazing range written for this character when the two best scenes to feature Frank Castle are an acting tour de force in a isolated, darkened location and a vicious action sequence that has to go down as one of the most bloody, desperate and kinetic brawls I've ever seen in a TV series.

Elektra Natchios was red like dynamite! Much like Bernthal's Frank Castle, Elodie Yung's Elektra is written with fantastic depth. Elektra is a character that is both very violent and remorseless, yet sad and filled with a longing to be human. But unlike the dark characters of Castle and Murdoch, Natchios is full of black humor, sassy dialog and steamy sensuality. Yung plays this viciously ugly and violent assassin as a charming wealthy socialite that almost makes one believe she could be a female 007. Because her role is linked to Daredevil, it takes longer to play out her story, but Yung's performance was always delightfully entertaining and a spark of humor delivered with a silky smooth personality. Definitely a win and I'm really glad the writers steered far away from any of the Frank Miller bent, instead building a compelling and entertaining FULL character that we want to see more. Elektra was also a really good show case for Yung's martial art skills, which really gave weight and style to so many of the character's fight sequences.

Speaking of supporting characters, both Foggy and Karen were given much more compelling stories this season and I liked the true-to-character performances from both. Their stronger stories and dialog just made the season that much better.

And what can I say about the action? Quite a lot because the creators of this series continue to outdo themselves with one incredible action sequence after another. Not only that, but the actors themselves bring the goods to every fight sequence. Charlie Cox is now thoroguhly comfortable in his red suit, continuing to bring both the style of the blind Daredevil and an incredibly entertaining athleticism to every battle. Even in the midst of a fight we are drawn into believing this is Daredevil fighting, not just some guy in a costume. The "stairwell fight" was obviously the technically complex challenge for this season and it was amazing. Not quite as seemless as first season's "hallway fight", but I thought the stairwell fight was a lot more ambitious and visually interesting even if it wasn't a "technically" smooth. Just the nature of the fight and the camera made it one of the most unique action sequences I've ever seen, often with the camera motion itself almost acting like a punch or kick and creating a whirling three-dimensional space that would have felt right at home in a film like Christopher Nolan's "Inception". I also appreciated how each of the fighting characters were provided with a signature solo-fight sequence individually styled so that fans had the opportunity to enjoy the unique combat prowess of their favorite fighter.

Last, the mask. The change made to the mask is perfect. They heard the criticisms and took them to heart, resulting in something much better looking and more true to the comic book art. I also loved the clever way the writers disposed of his old mask and got him into a new one, using an in-universe reason for doing so. REALLY appreciated that. Plus it also provided the opportunity for a classic introduction to the Punisher.

Well done, Daredevil team!

It was a good season, but suffered from too many loads and loads of characters. It also seemed rushed towards the end, too quickly trying to tie up loose ends. Overall I thought Jessica Jones was a show with better characters, but the plot in DD Season 2 was overall very nice.