OK. It was a good season. Foggy's character was so much more tolerable this season. Karen's character started to go in the opposite direction for me. Some of her scenes seemed to drag. Jon Bernthal made a good Punisher but the use of his character in the show didn't really satisfy me enough. Charlie Cox and Élodie Yung definitely played off each other well. I liked their scenes. It's nice that they were able to get Vincent D'Onofrio back and the scene with Cox was probably the best scene this season.

Now my gripes.

(may be spoilerish)

-The hallway/stairwell long shot. Really? Again with this? The first time was good. But now they're reusing it. Once is good enough. Please don't do it again.

-Lighting. They need to up the lighting in a lot of these shots. There were quite a few times, especially with the ninjas where it was looked like silhouette fighting against a black background.

-So listening for heartbeats then breathing...how about feeling for atmospheric disturbances or BO? It felt like only sound mattered to Daredevil's senses.

-This is more of a production quip. Love the new mask, but the disappearing-reappearing headwear underneath the head piece annoys me. Reminds me of Robocop's disappearing/reappearing chin-&-neck piece. Make it part of the mask when he takes it off but don't make it magically disappear then reappear.

I still like Daredevil over Jessica Jones. The latter show only had David Tennet and Mike Colter (Sweet Christmas) being the bright spots of that show. And they were only supporting characters.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally finished daredevil and loved it. this new season really had me on edge. The action was great and the story was very interesting to me. This was definitely the best punisher ever and may even be better than the one from the comics.

It's been a while since I've read a punisher comic, but I don't remember ever feeling emotionally attached to the character like this. I always thought he was a great character, but this one even though he was brutal made me feel really sorry for his situation and the character as a whole was just so emotional and more human than I ever thought he could be.

I wish Netflix was around when I was a kid so I could have binge watched the freeza saga of dbz that took months only being able to see one episode a week.

With daredevil season 2 they ended just about every episode with a cliff hanger so it was really hard to leave the house.

... I would pay good money to look half as good in a suit as Mike Coltier does...

After rewatching Daredevil S2 and then re-re-re-re-re-rewatching Jessica Jones, I have to admit that one thing that I really like about JJ is how Trish is always going to be there for Jess. After a season of watching people pull, tug, and generally treat Matt like crap (deservedly so or not), then going back and rewatching how Trish is always supportive, helpful, and trying to aid Jess in her healing process is so wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

Punshier series is coming to Netflix

http://www.slashfilm.com/punisher-spinoff/

This is more great news for Marvel on Netflix. I though Bernthal's Punisher was amazing and can't wait for this. It may be the first STANDALONE Punisher adaptation that will be of quality (aside from Dirty Laundry). The creative pedigree sounds good too.

Whoa, that's great news! I surprised when Marvel/Netflix originally said they weren't going to make a punisher series. Glad they had a change of heart.

Chris

The only thing about this that concerns me is that it feels like the Netflix corner of the MCU is filling up as rapidly as the movie corner. Already I feel that the MCU is teetering under the weight of the number of characters it's boasting and trying to cram into increasingly crowded movies.

One of the best parts of Jessica Jones was that, aside from Kilgrave, Luke Cage is the only other "gifted" person she's ever met. While I'm eagerly awaiting the Defenders, I'd like that sense of loneliness and uniqueness to continue throughout the Netflix MCU.

The only thing about this that concerns me is that it feels like the Netflix corner of the MCU is filling up as rapidly as the movie corner. Already I feel that the MCU is teetering under the weight of the number of characters it's boasting and trying to cram into increasingly crowded movies.

One of the best parts of Jessica Jones was that, aside from Kilgrave, Luke Cage is the only other "gifted" person she's ever met. While I'm eagerly awaiting the Defenders, I'd like that sense of loneliness and uniqueness to continue throughout the Netflix MCU.

I know what your saying, but hat's been my concern about the MCU as well. Especially since they all SEEM to be centered in NY. The Netflix characters are even more narrowed by all being in the NEIGHBORHOOD of Hell's Kitchen.

Chris

• 1 month later...

I have loved DD,JJ,DDs2 and looking forward to Luke Cage and Defenders myself. DDs2 was so good.

I was not that versed in Jessica Jones but I enjoyed the show and found Killgrave to be a great foil.

Oddly enough, on a rewatch I find that I have some serious issues with DDs2. The first half was utterly amazing, but anything involving the Hand was just too cluttered and felt tacked-on. Too many extra characters, too much OMGDOOMENDOFTHEWORLD stuff. I like the smaller scale of the Netflix MCU and the end of S2 felt like trying to match the scope of the movies.

I'd definitely recommend Jessica Jones if you liked Daredevil. It's a different type of show (more detective thriller than action adventure) but it's just as excellent for many of the same reasons that Daredevil is. Strong characters, good dialog, interesting villains, wonderful stylistic visuals and compelling themes.

I'm really excited for more Netflix Marvel shows. IMO, they are the only super hero shows worth watching among all the many titles currently on offer on the small screen.

Edited by Mr March

I really enjoyed Jessica Jones for how different it was to Daredevil and every other superhero show or movie that we've gotten.

Maybe I'm just hitting my saturation point. Regardless, Marvel on Netflix is quality stuff.

Edited by Mazinger

The best part about Jessica Jones was the way they took a comic book property and completely eschewed every comic book movie trope. There was no big climactic battle, no 25 minute long CGI fest with upteen billions in property damage, no trite "save my lover from the baddie". Daredevil hit a lot of those notes as well, but JJ just smashed them outta the park.