Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Thanks Spanner! ;) So are you more on the blue ghost or grey ghost? Hehehe. :D

hmmm.. I like the colors of the blue ghost but prefer the paint pattern of the grey ghost! But ultimately both are nice!

Sometimes I wonder if I should've ever bought any of these but then I feel they kinda smother the look of the plane when fitted, like some super and armor parts do. Im a big fan of the clean uncluttered look.

Edited by spanner76

Does anyone have issues with their vf-0s' forearms getting black paint smudges due to the pegs on the legs rubbing when transforming to fighter mode? The pegs are also losing their black paint. :( If so, is there a way to clean off the black smudges on the forearms?

I'm sure alcohol, a mild bleach+water solution, or nail polish remover, carefully applied with a dampened -- not soaked -- cotton swab should do the trick; but test on an inconspicuous spot first to see how the paint and plastic react.

Turpenoid works really well. It won't damage plastic but will strip paint and printing really easily.

I use it to remove things like those pesky 1994 BIG WEST markings. Just take care not to get any on painted surfaces you don't want to strip (better to just put some masking tape around those areas).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, but if you decide on checking it atleast you know that it can be remedied by 'toothpaste'. ;) If I have extra time tonight, I'll try to figure it out if I can push the pin back in so that it will not have any contacts again on the canopy. Or will see if I can just add Tamiya tape in it. Will post pics soon.

any updates on the canopy :) success or failures?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I swear David, I think I'm allergic to Eucalytus. My wife used to bring it in the house (actual plants) and I could locate it wherever it was stored. I would get these massive headaches and overall ill feeling. Your solution though does sound like a more natural way to do the job.

Edited by Loop

Guest davidwhangchoi

I swear David, I think I'm allergic to Eucalytus. My wife used to bring it in the house (actual plants) and I could locate it wherever it was stored. I would get these massive headaches and overall ill feeling. Your solution though does sound like a more natural way to do the job.

i had some for a really expensive cymbal for a drumset that was worth $500 but the seller used masking tape 10 yrs ago that was impossible to get rid od the residue without scratching the cymbal. all the drummers recommended that to remove the residue gently. but yeah it had a distinct smell :)

is it a crime to actually throw away these nice looking Arcadia boxes? Because I already threw away the VF-0A and 0S boxes since they are taking up too much space. I consolidated all of my manuals and sticker sheets into the VF-0D box.

Only if you littered by tossing them out the window of your car. :p

is it a crime to actually throw away these nice looking Arcadia boxes? Because I already threw away the VF-0A and 0S boxes since they are taking up too much space. I consolidated all of my manuals and sticker sheets into the VF-0D box.

Nobody cares about the box anyway. The main concern was if they(amiami) sold you a broken toy.

Good. I have never ordered from Amiami before. The prices seem to be cheaper compared to HLJ for other girly figures that my wife is interested in. In terms of shipping from HLJ though, they are marvelous. They shipped the VF-0S in a very thick box, and nothing was damaged. Not too sure about Amiami, what are some of you guys' opinions for this site?

Good. I have never ordered from Amiami before. The prices seem to be cheaper compared to HLJ for other girly figures that my wife is interested in. In terms of shipping from HLJ though, they are marvelous. They shipped the VF-0S in a very thick box, and nothing was damaged. Not too sure about Amiami, what are some of you guys' opinions for this site?

I've ordered many times through HLJ and amiami, but it's always been new in box products in the description. According to Lolicons pictures earlier it's all just chance what condition they arrive in even with damage mentioned in the description. Personally I've never needed to return anything but I hear HLJ is good with exchanges/returns . Amiami on the other hand not some good reviews from what I've read.

Edited by monishb

Screw it... I'll be the guinea pig... I'm bored of just looking at this thing.. too much white. Time for panel line attempt and massive sticker trimming and application ... Let's see how this goes.. LOL.

Ballsy!! Look forward to the finished product!!